Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:24 pm
Shadow - Dragon
So Scald - 80 || 7/10 chance of burn, if Shedinja is attacked with this but wonder guard prevents it from hitting does the chance of burn still occur or not since wonder guard basically stopped the attack?
I had to research this a little so im glade you brought this up for my ability's update.

No, effects are negated along with the damage. In the games the effects are triggered when damage is dealt so if no damage can be dealt the effects can't occur.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:24 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
If i remember correctly we still need to make the three posts to use a train correct ?

Yes, you do. same with ships.  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:34 pm
Vigilia
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
If i remember correctly we still need to make the three posts to use a train correct ?

Yes, you do. same with ships.
I thought so. Just had to double check 3nodding
Thank you miss Vig !  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:09 pm
Floating around Kalos, in Azure Bay and noticed that Exeggcute has a typo, the first listing (3) is missing the c. Just FYI  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:31 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Floating around Kalos, in Azure Bay and noticed that Exeggcute has a typo, the first listing (3) is missing the c. Just FYI
Thank you shadow ill get right on that heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:46 am
SpectralEternity

Great job on the achievement names, Tano!

And I hadn't thought of that for counter! You're completely right, that reasoning makes a lot of sense! You should probably come up with some way to suitably nerf Mirror Coat and Counter in the same way though- maybe make it so they just do x1 damage instead of x2? Or limit how often / when it can be used? (maybe like, it has a high rate of failure after the first use?)

Also I felt 100% ridiculous countering earthquake during my battle with Wolkova (I spend a solid half hour checking if it was legal or not lol) so I totally get the weird RP elements. Afterwards I realized though, you could really just say something like the pokemon absorbed the energy of the attack and then used its move to release that energy back at the opponent.  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:51 am
Okay....You people realize that moves like Counter are moves that retaliate against attacks, right? Even though it seems ridiculous, Earthquake is still an attack an opponent used to hurt you. So, of course, the targeted Pokémon is going to Counter in retaliation.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:04 am
StarlightSchism
SpectralEternity

Great job on the achievement names, Tano!

And I hadn't thought of that for counter! You're completely right, that reasoning makes a lot of sense! You should probably come up with some way to suitably nerf Mirror Coat and Counter in the same way though- maybe make it so they just do x1 damage instead of x2? Or limit how often / when it can be used? (maybe like, it has a high rate of failure after the first use?)

Also I felt 100% ridiculous countering earthquake during my battle with Wolkova (I spend a solid half hour checking if it was legal or not lol) so I totally get the weird RP elements. Afterwards I realized though, you could really just say something like the pokemon absorbed the energy of the attack and then used its move to release that energy back at the opponent.

Thank you for your feedback, by the way, Star x3 We do plan to make an equal adjustment for Mirror Coat for the same reasons, but it's been harder to try and think of an equal adjustment since special moves aren't split the same way physical moves are. We'll continue working on that, though ouo And definitely appreciate the suggestions! We can always use more ideas on stuff like this x3 So thank you again~

Jewel of Antares
Okay....You people realize that moves like Counter are moves that retaliate against attacks, right? Even though it seems ridiculous, Earthquake is still an attack an opponent used to hurt you. So, of course, the targeted Pokémon is going to Counter in retaliation.

I'm... not really sure what you're trying to say, but yes? I mean, yes, we know a move called Counter, counters attacks. I'm not really sure how that responds to the explanation we gave, though, and our reasoning for making the adjustment like we did.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 am
Loonamist
I'm... not really sure what you're trying to say, but yes? I mean, yes, we know a move called Counter, counters attacks. I'm not really sure how that responds to the explanation we gave, though, and our reasoning for making the adjustment like we did.

You guys said that it didn't make sense to counter something like Earthquake. And, in logic, it doesn't. But....For starters, you're talking about a universe created by an all powerful godly horse creature with other magical creatures that can actually cause earthquakes for the hell of it. Logic...doesn't have a very big say in the Pokémon universe. And, whether it makes sense or not, Earthquake is still a fully fuctional attack, which means you're going to throw a counter punch to knock your opponent's a** out cold for attacking you if, of course, you're still able to attack. It makes less sense to limit the damage done by moves like that since they're, if you think about it, attacks based on adrenaline. If a person can lift cars when hopped up on adrenaline, do you really think it's weird a Pokémon can deliver a stronger punch to their opponent after being attacked? I don't. I think it makes perfect sense really.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:04 pm
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist

You guys said that it didn't make sense to counter something like Earthquake. And, in logic, it doesn't. But....For starters, you're talking about a universe created by an all powerful godly horse creature with other magical creatures that can actually cause earthquakes for the hell of it. Logic...doesn't have a very big say in the Pokémon universe. And, whether it makes sense or not, Earthquake is still a fully fuctional attack, which means you're going to throw a counter punch to knock your opponent's a** out cold for attacking you if, of course, you're still able to attack. It makes less sense to limit the damage done by moves like that since they're, if you think about it, attacks based on adrenaline. If a person can lift cars when hopped up on adrenaline, do you really think it's weird a Pokémon can deliver a stronger punch to their opponent after being attacked? I don't. I think it makes perfect sense really.

Ohh, no, I think you misunderstood :0 We weren't saying we changed it because it didn't make sensne-- we changed it because it was very abuseable given the difference in gameplay, and how the battles work in the guild system. We used that line of logic as a guideline to help figure out how to make it less abuseable : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Koukaze

O.G. Browser

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:17 pm
Jewel of Antares
But....For starters, you're talking about a universe created by an all powerful godly horse creature with other magical creatures that can actually cause earthquakes for the hell of it.

I hope your not implying that it was Arceus whom was the one true original. For in fact it was Mew whom begot Arceus in the egg that it was said to come from. After all Mew holds the DNA of all Pokemon. Speaking of, do you have a moment to talk about our Pokemon and creator Mew the Original  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:48 pm
Koukaze
Speaking of, do you have a moment to talk about our Pokemon and creator Mew the Original

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:13 pm
can we trade items?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:16 pm
Makako-ma
can we trade items?

Yup : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Makako-ma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:23 pm
Loonamist
Makako-ma
can we trade items?

Yup : )

surprised Now I just need a gengar and alakazam I dont have to trade for. It is the American dream  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games