Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice ~ Open! [Feb-April 2024] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 259 260 261 262 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:37 am
mc2
Miss GryffindorK

User Image
User Image

Keith nodded as the girl was obviosuly ready as Keith released the bludger. Let's see what she can do. he thought as he flew towards a bludger. "Keep a firm hand on the broom and swing at a bludger." he said as he swung at the ball of iron. He wasn't aiming at the girl, but to her side to show her how it was done. "Just like that. Now, show me what you can do. Aim for my shoulder." he said as he watched her.

Position: Beater
AC: 10 + 2 (3 years + 1 year due to MTA) + 2 (Deft Dodger) + 2 (natural Flyer) = 16
Modifiers: +2
Aiming at: the air two feet to Ronna's left.
Final Roll: 6
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 am
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

It's just hitting a really hard baseball... one handed on a broom. Yeah, that's what being a beater is.

Ronna noted that Keith was going easy on her, part of her sighed with relief but part of her was annoyed. If it was because she was a first year she was sort of okay with it. But what if it was because she was a first year GIRL? It wasn't like she was frail, she had done sports before and was active before she came to Hogwarts. And she was tall for her age and probably would be tall in the end, her Dad was tall, though she didn't know about her mom since her Dad never said.

Instead of merely dodging the bludger aimed obviously near her, not at her, Ronna dropped down at took a swing, trying one handed instead of both handed like baseball. It was uncomfortable but using her dominant hand-her right hand she hoped to have enough force to send the bludger soaring at the older boys left shoulder.

User Image

In Company of: Quidditch team
[Wearing:try out clothes]

{ }

Position: Applying for Beater
AC: 10 +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=14
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying
Aiming at: Keith's left shoulder
Final Roll: 12+2=14
Lives: [O] [O] [O]

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 pm
mc2
Miss GryffindorK

User Image
User Image

Keith dodged her bludger, and studied her. She has a good swing. he thought with a smirk. "Okay, so you have a good swing. Now let's see what you can really do." he flew after the bludger and aimed at The first year.

AC: 10 + 2 (3 years + 1 year due to MTA) + 2 (Deft Dodger) + 2 (natural Flyer) = 16
Aiming at: Ronna
Final Roll: 19

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:56 pm
User Image

User Image

That is so going to leave a bruise... good thing there is healing potions for later

Unfortunately, her bludger was dodged, she must not have had enough force. It was going to take a learning curve to learn to bat, well swing, and fly at the same time, but she was willing to put in the work. She appreciated Keith's compliment and focused when he flew after the bludger and hit it back at her. She wasn't nimble enough to dodge the bludger and took it to her stomach, and barely held onto the bat and gasped for breath for a second. She remembered the captain mentioning a healing potion but she had, had the wind knocked out of her before it hurt but she had to show them she was willing to take a few hits too.

Turning on her borrowed broom she swung at the bludger that had caused her so much pain and aimed at Keith's right thigh. She was glad he wasn't going too easy on her and Ronna planned to try her best regardless. Skills wise she was obviously outmatched, but she was determined and that might count for something. And who knew maybe she'd get lucky...

User Image

{ }

Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying (-2 for injuries)
Aiming at: Keith's right thigh
Final Roll: 3 (+2 -1) = 4
Lives: [X] [O] [O] (2 left)

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:04 pm
mc2
Miss GryffindorK

User Image
User Image

Keith saw his bludger hit the girl in the stomach. Ouch. That's gotta hurt. he thought. And almost immediately after she swung at a bludger, and miss and hit herself. "Are you okay?" he called to her. Getting hit by two bludgers, one right after another was bad.

(( Just a heads up, a natural 3 roll like you had means you got hit and lost a life.. so you are down two lives...))

Final Roll: 19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:58 pm
User Image

User Image

And I get hit again by my own stupidity... great move.

As Ronna had moved to swing and hit the bludger, she managed to miss and the bludger slammed into her right shoulder. She cringed and let out a few swear words. Then Keith called out if she was okay. She weighed her options in her head and considered the healing potions and the fact she hurt her dominant shoulder, the one that would help her swing and hit bludgers.

She sighed and said, "I think I'm going to take the captain up on the offer of the healing potion, my dominant shoulder got hit, and I can't show what I can or can't do if I fall off my broom or can't hit bludgers." She hated sounding weak but it was the smart thing to do and hopefully they would give her a second chance after she used the healing potion, the captain did say she didn't want anyone falling off their brooms-or in Ronna's case, the broom she borrowed from the captain.

User Image

{ OOC: Sorry, I read that in the rules just it didn't register with me. Still getting the hang of the game. Thanks for calling me out on it. }

Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying (-2 for injuries)
Lives: [X] [X] [O] (1 left-Corrected from last post)

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Fourth Year
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sun had promised that he would never step foot onto quidditch grounds ever again. But somehow, he still found himself there, as if his Gryffindor spirit hasn't died over the past two years. Haha. How brave, for a quitter to somehow step foot into the land he had cast away long ago. He had gotten over the fact that what he did might have hurt someone. Yeah. Quidditch is just a sport: People get hurt. He got it... he got it. With a sigh, he put down his sketchbook and grabbed a nearby bat, feeling its weight, its texture... Gryffindor needed a beater, right?

AC: 16
Modi: +4
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ watched Ronna get drilled with bludgers twice in a row, once by Keith, once by her own hand. The redhead said she would take a healing potion, so the captain dug in her pocket, procuring the correct potion. "Here you are, Ronna. Take this, then take a few minutes break if you need it. If not, then fly, baby fly." She handed off the vial to the girl, a smile on her face. They'd be okay... Gold eyes looked over, then widened. "Sun! You came! Great! Take a broom... erm... here." She swiped Romy's Firebolt from her unsuspecting brother, then grinned at Sun. She'd be alright. The middle Henrick child had skill, she'd seen it. He quit, but just as Romy had done, came back when the team needed them most. She couldn't be more proud of her team than she was right then.

UT f HARACTER
Sir Spazalots
mc2
Utsuha Moon

If you ʅѻѵϵ me, then Ҭҕɐлҡ Ϋȯʯ!
If you ɦӓτҙ me, then ӺɄҀӃ ϔѲȖ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Utsuha Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:17 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sun took Romy's broom, feeling the familiar weight of the wooden wonder in his hands. The Gryffindor glanced at Romy, then down to the broom and bat he swore he would never touch. Even know, his own broom sat in a corner, untouched and still brand new. With a deep intake of breath, Sun took off, bat in hand, his other clasped firmly over the handle of the broom. And then, took aim at Keith.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:18 pm
User Image

User Image

Healing potions! Got to love magic, I feel better already.

Ronna nodded as Remy gave her the potion and thanked her for it. She quickly gulped the potion, amazed her shoulder and side was already starting to feel better and that was when she noticed the other upperclassman show up. She forced a smile realizing her chances had just gone down that much more of getting on the team. Hell, she probably wouldn't even be on reserve. And she was such an idiot to end up hurting herself too.

She said after handing back the empty potion bottle and rotating her shoulder some, "Okay, I'm ready to go back in. Sorry for having to waste a potion. Maybe I'll have better luck this second time." She didn't even bother verbally commanding the broom and easily took to the sky realizing she was getting quickly more comfortable and readying herself for when the other upperclassman would probably join the try outs. She sighed as she studied Keith and Sun: Ronna was obviously the underdog.

User Image

{ }

Lives: [O] [O] [O] (HEALED)

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 am
mc2
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

User Image
User Image

Keith nodded as Rponna flew down to get the potion. In her absence he tossed the bat in the air and caught it. It was then he noticed Sun entering the pitch. Well, looks like someone decided to change their mind. he thought as he watched the boy fly into the air and take a shot at him. Keith just barely dodged the bludger before he went and aimed one back at Sun. "Welcome back." he said.

(( So it was pointed out I forgot to count the experience to Keith's mods... Fixed now ))

Modifiers: +4
Aiming at: Sun
Final Roll: 15

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 am
User Image

User Image

"Welcome back?"

Ronna raised a brow as Keith said "welcome back" to Sun and decided to focus on try outs instead of what the team dynamics was or were at the moment. She was relieved slightly to see Keith dodge the bludger even though it meant less of a chance for her. Keith had helped her and given her tips so if someone besides her was going to get the spot (which was probably the case) she was going to root for Keith.

She took aim at the other bludger aiming also at Sun, testing to see if she would have better luck hitting him instead of Keith. Also, she had her own favorites she was rooting for to beat her if someone did have to beat her, something she could almost guarantee would happen. Of course, she was still going to give her best try.

User Image

{ }

Aiming at: Sun's left side
Final Roll: 9 +2 = 11

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Utsuha Moon rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:15 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Not bad, for a guy who left quidditch for two years. Sun nodded at Keith, as if saying, "it's glad to be back." Well, it was up to interpretation, since the Gryffindor really on acknowledge his former teammate welcoming him back. With a gentle tug, the fourth year evaded the oncoming bludger, then a twirl followed, effectively maneuvering out of harm's way from the second iron ore speeding towards him. Turning around, he whacked at a bludger, aiming at, once again, Keith.

{OOC; LOLOL Sun's comeback and he gets bludgeoned on his second try. Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this hilarious. C'8}

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:20 pm
User Image

User Image

Am I that bad of a swing or are they that good at flying?

Ronna winced seeing Sun get hit by the second bludger by his own attempt, it was the same thing she had done earlier. It was embarrassing but it made her feel a little better. Noting that Sun aimed for Keith, Ronna circled around and met the second bludger hitting it towards Sun again. At least hitting the bludgers was stress relieving even if she wasn't making any hits so far. She swung the bat aiming towards Sun hoping this time the bludger would connect.

User Image

{ }

Aiming at: Sun Henrick
Final Roll: 16 +2 =18

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:04 pm
mc2
Miss GryffindorK
Utsuha Moon

User Image
User Image

Keith tossed his bat from hand to hand, before taking a swing at a bludger that flew nearby. Let's see. he thought as he aimed at Ronna.

Modifiers: +4
Final Roll: 20

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 259 260 261 262 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games