Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm
Nike_goddess-of-victory
Me, I got smart.
Last term, I was going all "Oh my god, what am I going to do for the lessons?" and constantly searching Google and Harry Potter wikipedia. Now, I decided to be smart and just have the basic idea of what it's all about before I go insane. cool

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prof. Trelawney: "Never forget that when thirteen dine together, the first to rise will be the first to die!'

I agree 100% general lesson Idea's are done in my class but the nitty gritty of the first two are completed and the last two are coming along swimingly.
QUESTION: is extra credit 5 points per time or 5 points for the entire term?

Prof. McGonagall says impatiently: "We'll risk it, Sybill. Do sit down, the turkey's getting stone cold."User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:31 am
Junimaia
IceeWitch
freddydursley approved for Transifiguration
Oh crap, I can't believe I forgot to approve that! My bad sweatdrop

P.S. Thank you to everyone supporting my Herbology class. I'm actually waiting to make sure I'll have time to update lessons before I apply since I don't have all my lessons planned yet and my RL work is picking up which is why I wanted to open it up to anyone else that might be more active. I'll apply in a couple days though if no one else comes forward to teach it.

reuse past term's lessons for the lower levels saves time
no DADA this term crying

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm
techpriest35
Junimaia
IceeWitch

P.S. Thank you to everyone supporting my Herbology class. I'm actually waiting to make sure I'll have time to update lessons before I apply since I don't have all my lessons planned yet and my RL work is picking up which is why I wanted to open it up to anyone else that might be more active. I'll apply in a couple days though if no one else comes forward to teach it.

no DADA this term crying

I did not think about there not being DADA... who taught it last term?... Checks... awe she is unable to teach again crying (must there be a student who starts up Dumbledor's Army again?)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:22 pm
techpriest35
Junimaia
IceeWitch

no DADA this term crying

hey, i signed up for it and I was approved for potions

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:18 pm
Nike_goddess-of-victory
techpriest35
Junimaia
IceeWitch

no DADA this term crying

Really you wanted DADA but got potions wierd was potions your number 2?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 am
Oshenukhar
Nike_goddess-of-victory
techpriest35
Junimaia
IceeWitch

no DADA this term crying

Really you wanted DADA but got potions wierd was potions your number 2?

Potions was her number 2. I approved her for Potions because I knew there's a chance we'd have a standby (Love) to do D.A.D.A if no one signed up for it; for Potions I wasn't so sure. Then I figured she'd do well in either one of those, so I put her in Potions.

IceeWitch

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm
I'm confused. Didn't Tabby express an interest in trying again as well? She was denied for obvious reasons, but you said if no one else signed up for it she could take it. I thought the whole point of having a number 2 in the app was in case someone just happened to grab the position first. confused Furthermore, I don't remember Love expressing interest in doing DADA again for this term, but then I haven't really kept track what Love's been doing lately besides the whole DC thing.

Anyway...

____

Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
-FOR EVERRRRR-- I mean, December... uh... 2005? Good god, have I really been here that long?

2. How many posts have you made?
-BAZILLIONKAJILLION-- or y'know... like 3110

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
-Usually. It varied really, depending on how active I was.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
-Herbology. Don't have a second choice since I'm unprepared for anything else.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
-Professor Juni A. Basore

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
-Cause I can, and students seem to like me ^_^

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
-Lessons tend to vary. Sometimes it's a plain old lecture with homework. Sometimes it's an in-class assignment that requires role-play. Sometimes it's an in-class roleplay assignement with homework. Like I said. Varies. The first posts will basically be the same as I did last time.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
- Just a shot in the dark, but I get the feeling a couple of the current teachers here will vouch for me considering what they put in their applications xD I love you guys. Glad you enjoy my class.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
- A somewhat consistent record of lesson posting? Not to mention I'm a stickler for making sure any class house poitns I award get posted. This'll be the 3rd time in a row I've taught so I already have a backlog of lessons for 2 levels 3nodding

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
- Ehhh. Probably not. Only reason I'm applying for herbology is cause I already have some pre-planned stuff. I don't really have time to improv anything else right now. Sorry.

11.Anything else you would like to add: I WAS FROZEN TODAY! ( kudos to anybody who gets that random line xp ) Assuming nobody else applied when I wasn't looking, I'll likely get my classroom up and running tonight tomorrow with the first lesson.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:50 pm
@Everyone: Please, please, please don't PM me (or anyone else) asking if your point system for Spring Term is ok. If it's within the guidelines I posted earlier, it's fine. If it's not within the guidelines posted earlier, then of course it's not going to work for next term.

@Juni: I spoke with Love before her computer issues and it was a class she'd mentioned taking if no one else applied. I'm going to let Tabby (if she still wants it) take over the class though.

The whole point of having first and second options was to make sure there was a variety in the classes. If someone's willing to do Potions and DADA, why not let them take Potions, especially if there are other people willing to teach DADA? See the logic?

IceeWitch

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 am
Can we extend our Sign Ups a day or two? There are very little people who have signed up, so far. I have about 2 students from each House, at the most (except for in Astronomy Class there are 4 Slytherin Student).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:28 am

Also when Early Sorting opens up, you guys have to re-open sign ups.  

IceeWitch

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 am
Thanks for the quick answer Icee.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:09 pm
Everyone Wicked posted in the S.M.B. saying he was leaving us. I sent him a pm to see what's up. He said he couldn't do Teaching anymore as well. I don't know what to tell you, except, do your homework he made (in case he comes back) and for now just don't worry about this class.

This is what I posted in his classroom. I don't know what's going on with him, he left a weird post in the S.M.B. can one of the Mods go read it, please? Thanks!

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 pm
Everyone Wicked posted in the S.M.B. saying he was leaving us. I sent him a pm to see what's up. He said he couldn't do Teaching anymore as well. I don't know what to tell you, except, do your homework he made (in case he comes back) and for now just don't worry about this class.

This is what I posted in his classroom. I don't know what's going on with him, he left a weird post in the S.M.B. can one of the Mods go read it, please? Thanks!

I am in another guild with him and he has not posted there in weeks... I am hoping he is ok... Life gets to people and I hope he did not let it get to him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:19 am
Oshenukhar

I am in another guild with him and he has not posted there in weeks... I am hoping he is ok... Life gets to people and I hope he did not let it get to him.

I talked to him, he said, "because I'm into other rps and he's not on Gaia enough." Basically doesn't have the time for Gaia right now, is what he said. I don't think he's lying or at least I hope he isn't.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

freddydursley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:16 pm
if a student signs up and does not post after sign ups i can take points in my class correct?

edited to be blue sorry... (thanx for the warning)

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games