Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:09 am
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
You don't argue that Black Label Society is better then? ninja

Alas, I don't really know them. I will probably be soon enlightened though..
Just a little history. Yes there is a point to this.

Well, as you know Ozzy the lead singer of Black Sabbath went solo and has had many guitarists through this time. One being Randy Rhodes ex-guitarist for Quiet Riot who's greatest hit was "C'MON FEEL THE NOISE! GIRLS ROCK YOUR BOYS!" you know that song, everyone does. Anyway, Randy Rhodes died while buzzing Ozzy's bus in his plane while they were on tour. Anyway, Ozzy was devastaed but that wasn't going to stop him from creating music. So he went through several guitarists before he enlisted the help of Zakk Wylde. Zakk Wylde is an amazing guitarist to say the least, anyway after touring with Ozzy and releasing a few CDs Zakk Wylde then went on to create the band Black Label Society, which has more of a Blues Metal sound. He is of course the lead vocals behind the band, but needless to say, the band is amazing. So while I give due credit to Black Sabbath for creating Ozzy's Success who in turn made Zakk Wylde successful, as well as Black Sabbath making Ronnie Jame Dio famous (that's another story all together) I don't think they're nearly as good as Black Label Society.

[/history lesson.]

Ah, thanks. I'll look into them, sounds worth the time.

I could actually send you some of their stuff if you want. Their music isn't the easiest to find considering they're mostly part of the underground scene. Anyway, now that I read that history I see that there really was no point to give you all that information. xd I just like showing off. <.< Anyway, I'm sure between WhapCapn and myself there is very little about music that we don't know.

You got msn?
Yes he does. But he's not online at 4 am. Unlike me. Oh...Sean I'm going to Sounds of The Underground. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:22 am
Timeless Visage
English bands sound more refined, at least in my opinion.

...didn't I send you X Wires, by XTC?  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:44 am
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
You don't argue that Black Label Society is better then? ninja

Alas, I don't really know them. I will probably be soon enlightened though..

Well, as you know Ozzy the lead singer of Black Sabbath went solo and has had many guitarists through this time. One being Randy Rhodes ex-guitarist for Quiet Riot who's greatest hit was "C'MON FEEL THE NOISE! GIRLS ROCK YOUR BOYS!" you know that song, everyone does. Anyway, Randy Rhodes died while buzzing Ozzy's bus in his plane while they were on tour. Anyway, Ozzy was devastaed but that wasn't going to stop him from creating music. So he went through several guitarists before he enlisted the help of Zakk Wylde. Zakk Wylde is an amazing guitarist to say the least, anyway after touring with Ozzy and releasing a few CDs Zakk Wylde then went on to create the band Black Label Society, which has more of a Blues Metal sound. He is of course the lead vocals behind the band, but needless to say, the band is amazing. So while I give due credit to Black Sabbath for creating Ozzy's Success who in turn made Zakk Wylde successful, as well as Black Sabbath making Ronnie Jame Dio famous (that's another story all together) I don't think they're nearly as good as Black Label Society.

[/history lesson.]

I could actually send you some of their stuff if you want. Their music isn't the easiest to find considering they're mostly part of the underground scene. Anyway, now that I read that history I see that there really was no point to give you all that information. xd I just like showing off. <.< Anyway, I'm sure between WhapCapn and myself there is very little about music that we don't know.

You got msn?

Yes, but my transfer rate is horrible on it.

And I usually am up at 4 in the morning, but like... I don't have my messengers on then because I'm studying.... Yeah, I still study when I'm not in school, whut then!? ::Weird.::

seanpedigo@hotmail.com is my MSN that is use primarily, although occasionally I do use timeless_visage@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:45 am
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage

Well, most English bands sound more refined. XTC gave me a headache. >.<  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:47 am
Angilwingz
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

[/history lesson.]

You got msn?
Yes he does. But he's not online at 4 am. Unlike me. Oh...Sean I'm going to Sounds of The Underground. 3nodding

What's that? xd If it has any bands from the last five years I'm most likely not going to be over jealous. Music today sucks. ::Laughs::  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:11 am
Timeless Visage
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage

heart 3nodding xd rofl smile 3nodding heart

Sums up my views on XTC pretty well.

rolleyes  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 am
Timeless Visage
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage

Did you hear the ones on their website? "Beetle" is quite mellow, though it's certainly not the fruit of any sane mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:25 am
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage

Did you hear the ones on their website? "Beetle" is quite mellow, though it's certainly not the fruit of any sane mind.

Is Meccanic Dancing (Oh We Go!) on their website?

3nodding  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:57 am
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage

I'll stick with my 80 and 90s music. XD

What do you think about Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, by the way?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:30 pm
Timeless Visage

Having dashed over to their site, they seem a bit...I don't know. Ordinary.

Likeable, but not "Wow, this rocks!" or "Hmm, interesting..". It's nice, it's heartening without being intrusive. Probably good for driving.

I'll probably get some on I-pod for an upcoming Summer jaunt.

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:33 pm
Lady of Spain
Invictus_88

Is Meccanic Dancing (Oh We Go!) on their website?

3nodding

It is indeed, yup. It's one of the ones I had on when we were discussing them over MSN. The strange accordion one..

http://www.xtcidearecords.co.uk/audio/audio_1.htm

EDIT: In retrospect, it's not dissimilar from some of the things done by Madness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:17 pm
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage

XTC is 80s and 90s <3  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:52 pm
Sounds of The Underground

11 hours of ear splitting underground heavy metal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:01 pm
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Lady of Spain
Timeless Visage

XTC is 80s and 90s <3

.... Ew.  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:03 pm
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

Having dashed over to their site, they seem a bit...I don't know. Ordinary.

Likeable, but not "Wow, this rocks!" or "Hmm, interesting..". It's nice, it's heartening without being intrusive. Probably good for driving.

I'll probably get some on I-pod for an upcoming Summer jaunt.

See, but there's different types of music for different times. I think that Tom Petty and the Heartbreaks are good for the evening or when you want to listen to music that has decent lyrics.

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games