Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 am
TeaDidikai
sabaku-okami
I'm Nordic by blood and I am a godi in my following.
By what authority are you a godhi?
Who are you a godhi to?
Show me an instance where it was only to one god or goddess. This isn't Greece.

sabaku-okami

A Godi is a term relivent to priest, but their are more Volva which is a female priestess.
Actually, Gyðja was the feminine form. The role of the Völva was not identical to that of a speaker for the gods. After all, seiðr was not the only magic known to the Norse.

Quote:

If men praticed magick it was considered to be womanly.
Why are you homogenizing and bastardizing Norse culture? Did someone up and erase all the galdrar from Norse Paganism while I wasn't looking?
Quote:

Odin is the only male Aesir god to learn magick from the Vanir.
Someone want to tell that to Loki?
He is half giant, he can shapeshift but he was born with it he did not learn it. Name me an instance where he used a ritual magic, Odin is a necromancer.
Arcanist Angus
I have just never heard the term Godi.
Often you'll find fools claiming to be Godhi as a way to appeal to personal authority.
Do you think I really care what people think of me in the internet? If that is the case and you think that everyone is lying then waht is the point? Their has to be someone to teach the people where I am at.

Arcanist Angus

Other than that though you'll be fine here razz Welcome to the fold!

I sound like a...something...I don't know. Does fold have a bad connotation? I don't know sweatdrop
Not to me.

sabaku-okami
Traditional Hermetic magick systems were spelled like that because magic is an illusion, not the pratice of the religion.

So, now that we've demonstrated that you're wrong when it comes to the history of the spelling of "Magick", let's follow up with the fact that illusion was included within Temple Worship. We have it well documented amongst the Hellenics and the Kemetics- Heron of Alexandria was an amazing inventor who created illusions for grand Temples in the ancient world.

So not only was your assertion about Traditional Hermetic systems in error, but so is your assertion about illusion and the practice of religion.

You missed what I typed after.

sabaku-okami
So this guild isn't so fluffy after all lol.
I should fetch the irony trout.
Quote:

La vey was a hypocrite with his works
How do you figure that.
Quote:

By all rights no matter what people say Crowley was out of his mind mad with power.
Prove this statement please. I'll wait.
Quote:

Like reading the lesser key in a pyrmiad over night.
What makes you think reading a book in a specifically shaped structure is unsafe?

You then know nothing about what happened.
Ultramarine Violet
Um... Hi. I'm Ultramarine Violet, but feel free to just call me Violet or Vi.
This is going to get confusing. wink

Quote:
I'd been practicing what I could learn on the basis of Cunningham, Beyerl, and a few other sources, but I wasn't really certain what to call it. In retrospect, I feel a little silly, but... it was comfortable, at the time, and I feel ready to expand on what information I have to find a more specific, detail-rich and personal idea of the specific path that's right for me. So... Hai thar!
Welcome. Why do you feel silly? Standing Stone is spiritually fulfilling for lots of people.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:56 am
TeaDidikai
Ultramarine Violet

Quote:
I'd been practicing what I could learn on the basis of Cunningham, Beyerl, and a few other sources, but I wasn't really certain what to call it. In retrospect, I feel a little silly, but... it was comfortable, at the time, and I feel ready to expand on what information I have to find a more specific, detail-rich and personal idea of the specific path that's right for me. So... Hai thar!
Welcome. Why do you feel silly? Standing Stone is spiritually fulfilling for lots of people.
Heh... I didn't realize when I posted that, that there was another Violet something-or-another in here - UV will work, as well. redface

I guess the reason I feel silly about Standing Stone is that it seems kind of... incomplete, when compared with the complexity of other systems I've encountered. It feels like being proud to be in sixth grade, and then matching wits with a college student. I do feel that my knowledge and practice is every bit as valid as the next person's, just... incomplete. Lacking depth and detail.  

Ultramarine Violet

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:01 am
sabaku-okami

..Greek magick with nordic runes, using celtic goddess or gods with one from another religion. Use germanic offerings and do the spell in english...
I am what you might call a traditionalist. This is an example that I have seen my friend do.

I'm sorry, but this is the first time I've ever heard of "Greek magic".

Do you mind telling me what it is? Or how it works?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:03 am
Ultramarine Violet
TeaDidikai
Ultramarine Violet

Quote:
Heh... I didn't realize when I posted that, that there was another Violet something-or-another in here - UV will work, as well. redface

I guess the reason I feel silly about Standing Stone is that it seems kind of... incomplete, when compared with the complexity of other systems I've encountered. It feels like being proud to be in sixth grade, and then matching wits with a college student. I do feel that my knowledge and practice is every bit as valid as the next person's, just... incomplete. Lacking depth and detail.

Study, I do enjoy debates, nothing personal but its fun sometimes. I do wish you luck in your studies. Their is no one system better then the other. What intrests do you have in? I first did Psionics, I know the term is new age what ever I loved it nad it did help my later when donig certian rituals because you alrighty have a good feel for the energy.  

bigdickpenny

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:21 am
sabaku-okami
Arcanist Angus
sabaku-okami
Arcanist Angus
Welcome to the guild, Sabaku!

I am not familiar with what Godi is, can you explain it perhaps?

A Godi is a term relivent to priest, but their are more Volva which is a female priestess. They are the ones who was taught the magick. If men praticed magick it was considered to be womanly. Odin is the only male Aesir god to learn magick from the Vanir. But he had to wear a dress when he was being taught from Freya.

Oh, I see I see. So, Norse or Teutonic magic then?
The Volva interest me greatly, I love reading about them. I have just never heard the term Godi.

Not teutonic. Nordic, Norse is Norway. Nordic is like Iceland, Finland, Sweden, some parts of northern Geremy, Sweden. But yea, They dont have a real system of magick like how some people think. A lot of people assume that we have these great rituals like every one else but in truth their is little recorded rituals that the gods performed. It is mostly new age people trying to but their wicca spin on a asatru religion. It also bothers me that people use runes when it has NOTHING to do with what they are doing. I loathe people mixing systems of magick together. If you are going to do it do it right at least and people wonder why spells don't work.
Greek magick with nordic runes, using celtic goddess or gods with one from another religion. Use germanic offerings and do the spell in english...
I am what you might call a traditionalist. This is an example that I have seen my friend do.
Norse is not just Norway. It is the old Scandinavian cultures, including, but not limited to, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, the Faroe Islands, and Iceland.

Nordic is is a more modern term refering to great swaths of Northern Europe. Also, while we call Finland Nordic, their culture background is different to the rest of the Nordic cultures. It's not even Indo-European, it's Uralic, though some would argue that Uralic is ultimately Indo-European, and their argument is convincing, at least to me.

Teutonic refers to the Teutons, a Germanic tribe and the name eventually came to refer to all of Germany. It's related to Norse culture via Proto-Germanic. I mean, they lived in ******** Jutland. Do you know where that is? Denmark, a country of Norse heritage.

If you're a Godhi and a traditionalist, why can't you even get simple terms cultural right?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:28 am
sabaku-okami

I have no need to show you that, since I never claimed it.

Now- answer my questions. Under what authority are you a Godhi.

Quote:
He is half giant, he can shapeshift but he was born with it he did not learn it. Name me an instance where he used a ritual magic, Odin is a necromancer.

You failed to address the fact that not all magic is the same within Norse culture.

I ask again- why are you bastardizing Norse culture? Why do you ignore other forms of magic amongst the Norse?

I further call you to prove that Loki was less than brother to Odin, and that somehow being a Joten is not a god as we know it.

I further call you to explain why you think the challenge issued by Odin in response to Loki being a woman under ground milking worms is any different that the accusation Loki issues to Odin for learning Spe as described in Lokasenna.

Quote:

Do you think I really care what people think of me in the internet? If that is the case and you think that everyone is lying then waht is the point? Their has to be someone to teach the people where I am at.
Who said I was speaking about you?

Quote:

You failed to correct yourself about illusion and religion.

Quote:

A shallow dodge.

I ask again:
Who are you a godhi to?
Why are you ignorant of the feminine form, Gyðja?
Why do you imply that the role of the Völva was identical to that of a speaker for the gods?
Why do you imply that seiðr was the only magic known to the Norse?
Why are you homogenizing and bastardizing Norse culture?
Why ignore all the galdrar?
What proof do you have that Odin is the only one to know seiðr?
What proof have you that Loki is a giant? What proof have you that Loki was born knowing how to shape shift?

You say "Their has to be someone to teach the people where I am at." Teaching men folly is hardly teaching. Confusing them with your errors does them an injustice.

Or are you under the impression that somehow Godhi is the same as a teacher?

What proof have you that Anton LaVey was a hypocrite?
What proof have you that Crowley was insane?
What makes you think reading a book in a specifically shaped structure is unsafe?

Also- the quote function isn't terribly difficult to master. Take some time to post with it correctly or not at all.

The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
While he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others .
That he knows nothing at all.

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:31 am
Ultramarine Violet
Your names are incredibly similar. I'll likely just spell yours out completely.

Quote:
When it comes to modern paganism, it's a very self contained and simple system that can be supplemented with other areas of interest.

Which books of Cunningham's have you read?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:33 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
If you're a Godhi and a traditionalist, why can't you even get simple terms cultural right?
Good question. wink

Anyone want to hear Deo's take on this? I know I do.  

TeaDidikai

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:39 am
Tea, what is your poem from?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:40 am
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Good question. wink

Anyone want to hear Deo's take on this? I know I do.

I certainly do!

Namikikyo

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:55 am
Ultramarine Violet

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:56 am
Aino Ailill
Tea, what is your poem from?

The Havamal. It's a collection of Norse wisdom, the sayings of Har.

I want to say it was verse 26.  

TeaDidikai

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:56 am
TeaDidikai
sabaku-okami

I have no need to show you that, since I never claimed it.

Now- answer my questions. Under what authority are you a Godhi.

Quote:

You failed to address the fact that not all magic is the same within Norse culture.

I ask again- why are you bastardizing Norse culture? Why do you ignore other forms of magic amongst the Norse?

I further call you to prove that Loki was less than brother to Odin, and that somehow being a Joten is not a god as we know it.

I further call you to explain why you think the challenge issued by Odin in response to Loki being a woman under ground milking worms is any different that the accusation Loki issues to Odin for learning Spe as described in Lokasenna.

Quote:

Who said I was speaking about you?

Quote:

You failed to correct yourself about illusion and religion.

Quote:

A shallow dodge.

I ask again:
Who are you a godhi to?
Why are you ignorant of the feminine form, Gyðja?
Why do you imply that the role of the Völva was identical to that of a speaker for the gods?
Why do you imply that seiðr was the only magic known to the Norse?
Why are you homogenizing and bastardizing Norse culture?
Why ignore all the galdrar?
What proof do you have that Odin is the only one to know seiðr?
What proof have you that Loki is a giant? What proof have you that Loki was born knowing how to shape shift?

You say "Their has to be someone to teach the people where I am at." Teaching men folly is hardly teaching. Confusing them with your errors does them an injustice.

Or are you under the impression that somehow Godhi is the same as a teacher?

What proof have you that Anton LaVey was a hypocrite?
What proof have you that Crowley was insane?

Also- the quote function isn't terribly difficult to master. Take some time to post with it correctly or not at all.

The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
While he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others .
That he knows nothing at all.

NOw here is the great awnser. Prove or disprove my exictance for me being a Godi, Prove that Loki is Odin's borther, and second, I dont have to awnser questions to some snooby person on the internet that has no proof of what they are saying. Also get a life.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:03 pm
sabaku-okami

NOw here is the great awnser. Prove or disprove my exictance for me being a Godi, Prove that Loki is Odin's borther,

You say you enjoy debates. If this is so, why is it that you are so utterly unable to participate in them? Why do you not know that you, as claiming to be a Ghodi, have the burden of proof upon you? Why do you engage in fallacious tactics to try to shift the burden of proof onto someone who hasn't even made the claims you're asking them to prove?

Quote:
and second

You're talking to a regular in a guild of which she has been a long-time member. You are blatantly insulting her to her face. Do you have no honour? Do you have no sense of hospitality that you would walk into someone else's domain and so clearly treat them with disrespect for daring to question your claims?

Your flaming has no place here, take it elsewhere.  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:10 pm
sabaku-okami
NOw here is the great awnser.

Let a man with his guests be glad and merry,
Modest a man should be
But talk well if he intends to be wise
And expects praise from men:
Fimbul fambi is the fool called
Unable to open his mouth.

Quote:
Prove or disprove my exictance for me being a Godi,

I cite that you lack dedication and your own words betray you.

Citation
You say yourself you have never stuck with one tradition. How can you serve as a speaker for your gods if you don't stick around for them? How can you be a chieftain and priest when your words are full of errors?

Quote:

Prove that Loki is Odin's borther,

Why should I prove that I never claimed.

Though they were blood oathed to each other.

Quote:
and second, I dont have to awnser questions to some snooby person on the internet that has no proof of what they are saying. Also get a life.

The coward believes he will live forever
If he holds back in the battle,
But in old age he shall have no peace
Though spears have spared his limbs

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games