Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Britons! What are you listening to? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heterodyne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:43 am
Invictus_88
Heterodyne
I promise I won't sketch all over the guild. mrgreen

Actually, that might go down better than you expect. You've won yourself some fans, and not just me.

3nodding

*Return of the warm fuzzy feeling* ^_^

*Flourishes a quill*

I promise I won't will sketch all over the guild.

There we go. One day I'll get a bigger graphics tablet, and I'll be unstoppable. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:10 pm
I look forward to it!

Am currently listening to the soundtrack to The Virgin Queen. A large part of 'A Legacy of Comfort' seems reminiscent of the theme tune for Last of the Mohicans. In fact, it's playing now, and I'm sure the repetitive violin ditty over the top is exactly the same.. :-/

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:39 am
The Eroica. If you don't know what that is...you should.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:32 am
Puressence- Traffic Jam in Memory Lane.

I swear, Puressence's first, self-titled album is the single best album I've ever listened to.
The following albums were all a bit of a let down in comparison, but it really is spine-tinglingly good from start to finish.  

Tute Sweet

Dainty Doll

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:50 am
Damien Rice - Woman like a Man.

[...]

Not sure why I like it. I do though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:15 pm
I've got a music folder labelled UTTER CARP (yep, carp, not crap.) which I like, but don't understand why.

Tommy February, and Stepmania JPop, God help me... stressed

I might be stuck in Tiersen mode... ^^

(Insert superlative praise here)  

Heterodyne

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:52 pm
Heterodyne
I might be stuck in Tiersen mode... ^^

(Insert superlative praise here)

Yes!

heart

A Tiersen mode is never a bad mode. It was music by Tiersen that got me through into my second year by accomplishing those three full essays in one solid sleepless ~30hr block! Rotating Tiersen at his most epic, with Orff, Craig Armstrong and Verdi's Dies Irae is really quite incredible.

Really genuinely great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:10 pm
Mmm, Dies Irae.

I can't believe there's a remix of it on that bit of the internet made of tubes... domokun

Makes me shiver with delight, the same way a Lucien Freud's paintings do sometimes (I got my hands on a book of his collected works a while back for a lesson or two, and the first image that came to mind was someone carefully folding down a catherdal of art until it condensed into pages...).

And talking of Orff... I did a thing a couple of years ago that the Albert Hall runs, where amateur choirs sing a charity concert after a day's rehearsal... It was Carmina Burana, and it was such fun. xd You could have knocked someone out with the sheet music though...

Listening to a lot of Belle and Sebastian at the moment, too... {-x-}  

Heterodyne

[Finrod]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:24 pm
Another one you've probably not heard of ...

Currently listening to Carter USM (Worry Bomb)

Didn't like it on first hearing, but it grew on me (first few tracks: "Aeroplane Food" and "Young Offender's Mum" aren't up to much, but later on gets good)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:21 pm
The beachboys surfing USA
xDDD
and then Snow (Hey Oh) by the red hot chili peppers
:3

CR_lover

Eloquent Elocutionist

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:48 am
Sigur Ros, courtesy of Mr. Bono Vox.

Surprised I'd not heard this before..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 am
Mm, Sigur Ros. ^^ How are you finding it?

My favourite from 'Takk..' at the moment is Svo Hljott... the whole of Takk has more form and less ambient noise than their earlier albums, one of which is kind of difficult to talk about, on account of it being called ( ).

How postmodern, calling something ( ) . stare I can't hold anything against something which is a beautiful object, though, as well as awesome to listen to. heart It's good painting music.  

Heterodyne

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:28 am
There's a band called sad (damn the gaia smileys.. well I'm sure you know what I'm getting at)
People call it "colon open bracket" which is kinda ridiculous sounding, I think.

Aggravatin' Papa - Bessie Smith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:25 pm
Heh... : (

( I find that smilie so endearing for some reason rolleyes ). I guess that would make the Sigur Ros album 'open-bracket-then-some-mysterious-space-close-bracket'. It makes me smile when absurdity gets diverted through repetition. mrgreen

The Blues Are Still Blue (The video is wonderful ^^)  

Heterodyne

Lapinporokoira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:44 am
I absolutely love listening to the 'Whistling' song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1VMkuyx0  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games