Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Feb-Apr 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:44 pm
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: hollow} {thinking: ...} {with: Hufflepuffs} {at: meeting}

Jess didn't even know what to think. Dhylan was dead now. He'd committed suicide, and she'd felt like she was sucker punched upon hearing it. She didn't know the hows or whys, and honestly, hearing them would probably just make her more upset. She needed to just focus on Quidditch and try not to think about Terren and now Dhyl being gone, forever.

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day!

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:34 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location: Quidditch Pitch (Team meeting...)

Alice had practically guilted Jasper into trying out for the Quidditch team. Okay so she didn’t really guilt him into anything she just said it would be fun and he’d do great. Of course she also said she saw him playing at some point if he were to tryout which means he was thinking about it before she’d said anything. Like always Jasper just needed a bit of a push before he’d act on his own thoughts.

Jasper walked onto the field with Alice. He looked behind him as he approached the group to see Alice take a seat in the stands. At least she was going to watch him right? Stopping in front of the group of Quidditch players Jasper gave a light wave. “Hello…” he said nervously like always he wasn’t one for talking to others. “I heard you could use some extra players.” Jasper added hearing the news about what happened he wouldn’t say anything about it even if he didn’t know any of the members who had been lost over this year.

--------

Username: murruelecreuset
Character's Name: Jasper Lancaster
House: Hufflepuff
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Anywhere you need me.

With: Hufflepuff Quidditch Team

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 Hit
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:56 pm
I see this life
Like a swinging vine
Swing my heart across the line
In my face is flashing signs
Seek it out and ye shall find

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Lionel

Tobi looked up to see Chloe to be one of the first to arrive and gave her a small smile. He had never gotten to speak her before but knew she was a very nice older female. Soon others came, some actually part of the team and others that were either coming back or stepping up for the team. It warmed his heart really. He chuckled as Ada came up and asked quietly if this was practice or tryouts. "Tiny bit of both really." Seeing that a majority of the team was here he decided now was the appropriate time to speak and cleared his throat to do so. "Afternoon everyone, I know we've been having a bit of trouble these past few weeks. I'm sure you've heard whot happened so I'm not gonna reiterate. Jus' know that while I'm a bit new ta being a captain, that won' stop me from doing my best ta see us succeed. My vice captain is Ada because besides myself she's been on the team the longest an' can most assuredly offer any an' all assistance before she graduates." He paused for a moment, whether to allow a spattering of applause or to focus himself on what he was about to say next he couldn't say. "Wot happened at our last game was no one's fault. Not our chasers, not the beaters, not even D-Dhylan's. But tha's not sayin' that we can't use a bit of practice. To our new recruits, thank you for being here for us, you are what makes Hufflepuff the proud house that it is. You all are! When the lions finally give up we're still here, when the ravens finally got to sleep we're still here, when the snakes say go home we ignore them and stay right bloody here! An' because of that I'm incredibly proud to call you all my teammates." Tobi blinked rapidly for a few seconds because he was sure a fly had just flown in one which was why it was tearing up. "Alright enough of that, on ta practice! Ada, I know this is gonna sound odd but I want you up in the air with your chasers playing tag. For those of you not familiar tag is a game where you run, or fly, away from one person who is 'it' an' if they touch you then you are now 'it'. How this plays in is that as for right now Ada is 'it' and if you can tag or steal from her then you can tag or steal from the best. Cora, Jarlath I'll be working with you myself. I want you at the goalpost where I'll be throwing bludgers. I may not be the best but I think I could manage. Jess, do what you do best an' catch the snitch. I'll be releasing that and the bludgers soon and I'll also be timing ya. But I have faith you'll do fine. As for the beaters, target practice for you guys! I've still got the targets from when Heather was captain an' its high time they were put to use. Aim at the targets an' see if you can smash 'em ta smithereens. Everyone got what they're supposed ta do? Great! Alright guys, do your best an' have fun!"
[OOC: Ok! So basically for tag it's basically the same as normal chaser practice. Beat/match the AC and they're "it".
Keeper practice is pretty much the same as well.
Beathers, the goals have an AC of 10 so beat that and they're destroyed.
Seeker, well you now what to do smile ]

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

murruelecreuset

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Sir Spazalots

Position: Beater
AC: 19
Modifiers: +2 (Years) +3 (Advanced Flying I&II) +6 (NF, DD, MS)]
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Final Roll:

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

shabatha rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:07 am
User Image

User Image
ᕼᘮℱℱᒪᙓᕈᘮℱℱ ♈ᖺᓰᖇᕍ Ꭹᙓᗩᖇ
ᙖᗴᗩ♈ᗴᖇ

Raph had made it to the field just in time to hear what was going on. Well what else could they do. So tryouts basically restarted fun. He took to the air after a moment and watched. He then took aim at a target and swung at an incoming bludger. Yep he needed some practice too after that last game he got and the rest of the team got their rears handed to them.

ᗯᖺᙓᖇᙓ: --- Pitch
ᙡᖺᗢ: --- Team
ℱᙓᙓᒪᓰﬡᘐ//〇〇ᑕ: --- Hoping to redeam myself
Wearing: --- Clothes

AC: 16
Modifiers: +1(Years Played) +1(Advanced Flying) +2(Natural Flyer) +2(Mean Swing) +2(Deft Dodger)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: [ <3 ] [ <3 ] [ <3 ]
Aiming at:
Roll:  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:02 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Hufflepuff meeting)

Chloe knew they needed all the help they could get so she was happy to see that other members of their house were there when they needed it the most. She had to admit Tobi sure did a great speech but his words be enough to get them all believing they could win their next game.

Tag was a simple of enough game to understand, catch Ada. Simple right? Yeah it sounded simple but in reality it wouldn't be. Chloe nodded in understanding before given the go ahead. Her target tag Ada.

With: Hufflepuff Team

Wearing: Quidditch Outfit

OOC: Trying to catch Ada
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 steal, +2 shoot
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:13 am
User Image

Jasper listened to the older Hufflepuff's speech. He wished he could feel the same but of course he hadn't known any of the students in the older years. Although he felt for the loss of others like anyone would. Once told what to do Jasper gave a light nod before taking a bat and a broom and going to the targets.

Glancing over at Alice he wondered if he'd really make the team or if he'd even be any good. There was only one way to find out he assumed and that was to at least try. 'I can't possibly be that bad...' he thought as he lined up his bat with an incoming bludger and swung hoping he wouldn't make a fool of himself.

OOC: 10+ = hit, 3 or below = miss, 16+ = save

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:27 am
User Image
Bow made love to needy string
In cooing fling - wanton whispers
Fondled under pianissimos,
Caressing callous hearts.

User Image

Miles listened to the pep talk, his mind decidedly elsewhere while Tobi discussed the practice. When he gave the go ahead to start practice, the young werewolf saluted to the captain and hopped onto his broom. Before long, he was scanning around to see if there were any bludgers. Spying one, he zipped over to it and took careful aim. Hopefully he didn't miss here.

AC: 15
Modifiers: +5 to hitting bludgers
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives:
♬♪♫
Target AC: 10
Final Roll: 9

-----♫♩♬♪♫♪-----
Thinking: Okay, let's see how this goes. Maybe I'll be a flying wolf that chases airplanes.
OOC: ...
-----♫♩♬♪♫♪----

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And all in a work of musical art:
Ephemeral stories, yarned of music
Honed impossibly through her tones.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:08 pm
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Troubled
Let it shine: ...
And I don't mind: Hufflepuff Team
We'll get by: Meeting

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R | C H A S E R User Image

Elsie took off into the air, instantly feeling better in the air. Ada was it, so she flew towards the older girl, hoping to chase her. It would help clear her mind some more. She felt alive in the sky, like she was strong. Powerful. She wasn't sweet, innocent young Elsbeth Vass when on her broom, she was someone different. A legitimate threat to the other chasers. Or she could be, if she practiced enough. But she had to be getting there, right? Either way, she liked this new, assertive feeling. She reached out to try and tag the older girl.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Position: Chaser
Mods: +2 Stealing and Scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: (X)(X)(X)
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 pm
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: hollow} {thinking: ...} {with: Hufflepuffs} {at: meeting}

Jess was cheered a little by the thought of trying to find the snitch, and immediately set out to look for it. She rose steadily in the air until she much higher than the other players. This was a better vantage point.

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day!

Position: Seeker
AC: 16
Mods: +4 Spotting, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes
Catching Up to Snitch:
Seeking Snitch:

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:59 pm
User Image

Jasper watched as the bat connected with the bludger and the bludger went flying into the target shattering it to pieces. 'Wow...' he thought in shock. 'Did I just do that...?' His thoughts were scattered when he glanced over to see Alice trying to contain herself. Jasper gave her a small smile before finding another bludger and attempting to repeat what he'd just done.

OOC: 10+ = hit, 3 or below = miss, 16+ = save

Hits: 1  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:28 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Sporty on the Pitchspace
CURRENTLY // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Teammatesspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, God. Okay, just... try not to panic, try not to freak out.' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ I'm trying to remember why I was afraid
To be myself and let the covers fall away.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceAdalaide stepped out to the Quidditch Pitch, broom over her stiff shoulders, motions jerky, trying not to show how nervous she was and failing at it. Dhyl's death meant that Tobi was Captain, and he'd, for some insane reason, named her his Vice Captain. She supposed that technically it made sense, given that she was the player who'd been on the team longest after him... most of their team was new players this year, especially since they'd had to bump a lot of their reserves up to starting team with the deaths and disappearances of their teammates... but she was a seventh year, and he was a fifth year, and the point of a VC was to be captain after the captain graduated, wasn't it? Normally, she'd be flattered... but under the circumstances, it was wigging her out. How was she supposed to help Tobi captain the team when she could barely even play? Her last game had been completely atrocious. She'd totally failed the team... perhaps not to the extent that their idiot former captain had, but she had certainly failed. The pressure of having to help guide the new players was like a huge weight on her shoulders... but she'd have to manage.

spaceAdalaide smiled a bit, trying to get over her nerves and be a good Vice Captain. Unfortunately, her miserable performance last game was still eating at her, just a bit. She bit back a snort when Tobi declared that last game's loss had been no one's fault; she supposed that, technically, since Jess was a new Seeker and she'd been up against a much more experienced player, the outcome of the game hadn't been anyone's fault. But, Ada was pretty sure that the Captain not showing up for a bloody game was a pretty big hit to their confidence. She'd been shaken by the fact that they'd started the game without him, even if it hadn't shown at first. She was trying very hard to be bitter towards him, but given how her opinion of him had dwindled over the past year, it was an uphill battle.

spaceThe Hufflepuff put a smile on her face, though, a skill she'd worked very hard at perfecting, and mounted her broom. "Alright, Chasers, you heard him! Catch me if you can!" she called, and she was off, shooting away from the cluster of players to evade them. Olyvia had experience, but she was rusty. Chloe and Elsie had each played one game, and done very well at tryouts and in practices, but lacked experience beyond that. She just hoped that Tobi was right to put faith in her skills, because honestly, she wasn't sure she had any. The tiny blonde evaded Chloe easily enough, which made her feel a bit better... but only a bit.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀ I guess I never had someone like you
                                                          To help me, to help me fit in my skin
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))
Wheezy, we're actually played a sort of reverse tag. Elsie should be trying to tag Ada, and if she gets her, then she's it, which means everyone will be trying to tag her.

Hufflepuff Vice Captain
AC: 17
Modifiers: (+7 on steals) (+7 on scores)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤
♡ ♡ ♡
Post to the Goal: 0/3
Final Roll: xx
Score
00 to 00
TIED

XxXDevil-Chan

The Forgotten Weasley

murruelecreuset

Quote:

Quote:

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:46 pm
((Got confused and didn't roll... sweatdrop ))  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:49 pm
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Troubled
Let it shine: ...
And I don't mind: Hufflepuff Team
We'll get by: Meeting

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R | C H A S E R User Image

Elsie smiled triumphantly as she reached out and managed to tap the older girl on the elbow. "Caught you," she said, voice more melancholic than usual but still with a cheerful ring to it. She felt proud of herself, since Ada was a much better player and had a lot more experience than her.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Mods: +2 Stealing and Scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:25 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch (Hufflepuff meeting)

Chloe missed Ada and Elsie caught her making Elsie the new target. She was smiled brightly at the younger Vass sister. "Nice catch Elsie." Chloe told her. She was very proud of her friend's sister. "But you better look out cause I'm going to get you." she said trying to make things a little more upbeat. They needed to have some fun with this and leave behind all the problems they had off and at times on the pitch.

Chloe quickly raced after Elsie determined to catch her. She secretly wished she had of caught Ada but either way she was having fun. That's all that mattered at least that's what she continuously told her brother. It was about time she listened to her own words of wisdom.

With: Hufflepuff Team

Wearing: Quidditch Outfit

OOC: Trying to catch Elsie
Modifiers: +2 steal, +2 shoot
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:28 pm
((ooc: I totally forgot the roll sweatdrop ))  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games