Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:54 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch

David wasn't expecting Keith to aim at him and although Tevye tried to help him out missed and he got hit anyways. "Ow..." he muttered under his breath. Flying off he took possession of the quaffle and started flying to the goal. 'I just won't tell Shayna about this.' he thought not wanting to worry her. All that mattered was that he got a spot on the team.

With: Gryffindor Team

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: 1/3 posts
Team Two score (20 - 20)
Position: Chaser
AC: 14
Modifiers: +2 steal, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +1 experience played, +1 class, -1 life
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ watched Luke walk onto the Pitch. Wasn't he the one who insulted their team last year? She flew down to him and collected his paperwork, then grinned. "Sure thing, Luke. Try-outs are almost over, but you can join in where you may."

After several more minutes of try-outs, Remy glanced at Elli, then whistled loudly. "Alright everyone! Land center!" She led her Vice-Captain away from the crowd, and began to pick the team.

A few more minutes later, she walked back over to the crowd, a bright smile on her face. "First, let me thank you all for trying out today. I am very happy to be part of such a dedicated team. Now, I'm sure you're all curious as to whom was picked for the starting team?" She smiled again, then adjusted her paperwork. A quick glance at the students, and she began to speak.

Captain
Remy Bleiddiaid

Vice-Captain
Elliryanna McHalen

Chasers
Remy Bleiddiaid
Elliryanna McHalen
Xavier Nicholson

Beaters
Cameron Rowley
Tevye Murphy

Keeper
Minerva Nolynn

Seeker
Romulus Bleiddiaid

Reserves
David Clarisse ~Chaser
Keith Alvern ~Beater
Jacob Drage ~Keeper
Luke Nalson ~Keeper
Eun Han ~Seeker

She smiled again, then looked at her team. "Thank you all again for trying out. I look forward to seeing you at practice. Our first game is against Hufflepuff, and I'm hoping for a victory. Good luck, you all, and I'll see you around." She smiled and waved, but didn't leave the Pitch, just in case anyone needed to talk to her. The smile never left her face, showing her bubbly happiness.

UT f HARACTER
IceGrayWolf
kiska166
Xistund
murruelecreuset
XxXDevil-Chan
Diamond_Wales
Sir Spazalots

If you ʅѻѵϵ me, then Ҭҕɐлҡ Ϋȯʯ!
If you ɦӓτҙ me, then ӺɄҀӃ ϔѲȖ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:13 pm
User Image

David flew down to Remy to find out if he made the team. Sadly like usual he was second place. "Congratulations Xavier you really deserve it." he told his friend and teammate. Surprisingly David wasn't as upset as his he usually was. Somehow it didn't matter to him because his friend could be a part of it. He decided now would be a good time to talk to Remy. "Hey Remy I know you're busy as team captain and all but I was wondering if you weren't too busy could you give me a few tips on how to be a better chaser?" he asked her. He may not have been on the main team but that didn't mean that he couldn't work to become a better Quidditch player.

With: Gryffindor Team... Remy

OOC: 0/3 posts
Position: Chaser
Modifiers: +2 steal, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +1 experience played, +1 class, -1 life

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Determined
                                                              Thinking : Ahhhhhh
                                                              Doing : Playing Quidditch
                                                              Where : Quidditch Pitch
                                                              With : Gryffindor team; (Team One- Elli, Jacob and Eun)

The quaffle went in again, and it caused Xavier’s happiness. Now it was a tie. The clash of bludgers and the beaters’ bats sounded in the pitch. It looked like a showdown with how the beaters would send bludgers at each other, and to the others. Once he saw David retrieving the quaffle, he sped right after him. But after hearing the Captain’s command, he nodded and landed down. He was nervous all the way, his trembling hand held his broom as he stared at the warm grass and some sand under his feet. His eyes were closed and his fingers were crossed. He didn’t know what to think. He was never this….this nervous before.

But when Remy said his name along hers and Elli’s, he immediately looked up to the older girl. He blinked a few times at first then gave the sixth year a nod. He was cheering mentally, but when he heard David, he held his breath. “ Thanks, mate. I guess we gave each other a hard time, huh, “ he replied to him. He gave him a slight wave when he walked to Remy. He didn’t know what it was, but, knowing David, it would be something to better improve himself. ’ I gotta watch my back, then, ‘

Position: Team One Chaser
                                                              Modifiers: +4 to stealing and shooting
                                                              Special Skills: Swift Swipe , Good Arm, Deft Dodger
                                                              Lives:[♥] [♥] [♥]
                                                              Score : + roll of keeper
                                                              Steal : + AC
                                                              /3
                                                              Final Roll =

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ practically ran onto the Pitch. Her long hair was flying free in a frizzy mess, robes were messy, and she looked like she might either cry or strangle someone. Three of her players were in the hospital for Merlin knows how long. She held a Beater's bat in one hand and try-out forms in the other. They needed a Beater, and they had a week to do it. She sat on the trunk, waiting for any and all Gryffindor students to join her. At least the team would show... or... what was left of it, at least. Try as she might to keep tears at bay, they began rolling down her cheeks, all hope for a win this season slowly slipping away. Who was due to pass out next? Romy? With her luck, it was a sure bet.

UT f HARACTER
IceGrayWolf
kiska166
Xistund
murruelecreuset
XxXDevil-Chan
Diamond_Wales
Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:12 pm
User Image
User Image

Romy walked onto the Pitch, shivering a bit. Surely this was about Cameron fainting. Now, their only Beater was Keith, but they needed two if they were going to be allowed to play next week. Bright blue eyes locked on his sister, and the young Seeker walked over to her. She was crying, which made him sad, but he knew she would need someone strong to help her. He gently lay a hand on her shoulder, then rubbed it, hoping to try and soothe the distraught Captain.

{Wearing}
{In my notes I write:}

AC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to Spot, +6 to Catch

Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
Chasing Number: 0/3
Spotting Number: 0/2
Final Roll:
Roll Number:
Lives:
[♌] [♌] [♌]  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:56 pm
User Image

David quickly made it onto the field. With Cam now out they were down to one beater and that wasn't good when you needed two. David wasn't quite beater material but if his team needed him he'd be their. "Remy..." David muttered. He was feeling kind of sad seeing her upset like she was. "Hey Romy..." he said giving a wave before looking back over at Remy. "Hey Remy don't worry everything will turn out okay." he tried to be optimistic. Hell he was doing his best to lighten the mood but that wasn't really working for him at all. It seemed so hopeless.

With: Gryffindor Team

OOC: 0/3 posts
Position: Reserve Chaser

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 am
User Image

User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

What am I even doing here?

Ronna took a deep breath as she stepped onto the field. She had heard about the need for an emergency beater. She had said she wanted that position if she was to play Quidditch and it was a golden opportunity even though it was an awful way to get it. But, what was she doing? She hadn't even properly flown on a broom yet. Taking a deep breath she held her head high and took in the upset girl and two guys trying to comfort her:

"Uh... hi, I heard you guys needed a beater to play. I'm probably awful at it because I've never really even properly flown on a broom being a first year muggleborn but I've got a decent swing I hear and I thought it was worth a try and I'm totally willing to stay out of the way," Ronna said quickly. She forced a smile, her face bright red, "I'm Veronica Kiss, by the way, but you can call me Ronna."

User Image

In Company of: Quidditch team
[Wearing:try out clothes]

{ }

Position: Applying for Beater
AC: 10 +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=14
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [O] [O] [O]  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 am
mc2
Miss GryffindorK

User Image
User Image

Keith stepped onto the pitch, a smirk on his face. He had finally gotten the spot he so rightly deserved. His smirk stayed in place when he saw Remy breaking down over basically nothing. She still had the expert. She would have had a better chance at the cup if she had just put him on the main team in the first place. But no, she put him on the bloody reserve team. Well, seemed fate was paying her back for not putting the real talent on the team. He looked at the first year who was trying out. Ugh, it's that brat from the Feast. he thought as he looked at her. "Well, Ronna. If you want to be on the team, you gotta know what you're good at. Now my Dad taught me how to play, and I can easily teach you. First thing, since your trying for beater, you need to get used to the gear." he said as he tossed her his beater bat. "Try it out, get a few swings in." he said. He looked around her. She didn't have a boom. "Romy! You aren't using your broom now are you? Mind if Ronna here tests it out?" he said as he looked at the girl. He began to circle her, studying her frame. "Hmm. Build is more for a seeker, yet the shoulder structure would fit for Beater." he said before he nodded. He looked over at the group around the captain, ignoring the fact Remy was distraught. "She looks like she has good makings for a beater, but let's see how she can handle things." he said.

Position: Beater
AC: 10 + 2 (3 years + 1 year due to MTA) + 2 (Deft Dodger) + 2 (natural Flyer) = 16
Modifiers: +2
Aiming at: David
Final Roll:
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:33 am
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ looked up at Romy and David, then blinked when a new girl, one called Ronna, said she would try out. When Keith sauntered over, she wanted to glare, but simply didn't have the energy. When he started offering advice to the girl, gold eyes went wide. "It's less of the build she has, more on her stamina. Look at Heather, she's a stick, but she can knock you flat on your arse if she wanted." When Keith asked... yes, asked Romy to borrow his broom, she glanced at her brother, then chimed in again. "Here. Mine's faster, and designed to hold a more feminine weight." She held out her Firebolt II, which looked like it had been polished and very well taken care of by its owner. The Captain stood tall (as she could, anyway,) and looked at the redhead. "Alright, Ronna. You and Keith take to the sky. I want you to aim at each other, and any other Beater hopefuls. I have to make sure you'll withstand a beating."

UT f HARACTER
Sir Spazalots
mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:40 am
User Image

User Image

Isn't that one of the twins? The cocky one from the looks of it but he's being helpful.

Ronna easily caught the bat and twirled it in her hand: it was shorter than a baseball or softball bat and a bit heavier but the concept was the same. Ronna waited as Keith circled her and examined her and said she had more of a build of a seeker, she knew that, but she was happy he actually acknowledged she might fit as a beater. She smiled slight and swung lightly warming up then suddenly she slammed a hit that would in baseball easily get a player two bases. She followed through with the hit and then made another swing of equal strength and set down the bat, it had released her frustration at detention and the ditching move that Sergio had done when she had thought they might become friends. She thought she was going to like the idea of hitting bludgers at people: this was way better than baseball.

"I think I've got a swing fairly well down: it's like baseball, more or less," Ronna said to Keith. "The flying is what I'm unsure of since I haven't had any experience, but in flying class I was one of the first to get my brooms up, though. That's good, right?"

She thanked Remy for the broom and took it and ordered the broom up and started unsure, one hand holding the bat the other the broom. She started unsteady but soon gained height and grew more confident. By no means she was graceful in the sky but her determination to try was evident.

User Image

{ }

Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:08 am
User Image
User Image

Sean stood on the edge of the pitch, a quick quotes quill positioned on the notebook that floated in front of him. He was in shock. Keith... was being... nice. That had never happened before... He had alwaye been stuck up, always believed he was superior, just because he was the older twin. "Well... This is surpirsing..." he muttered. Before he looked at the quick quotes quill. "Gryffindor Team Recruiting Emergency Beater" was scrawled across the top. His head tilting curiously as he stared at his twin. Could he finally be maturing? he thought as he looked at the boy. Wait... could this be about the article I released about him? he thought as he recalled the previous weeks article of the "Quidditch Spotlight" in which he had written of Keith, saying how he was a brat, how he was forever doomed to stay on reserve unless he grew up. Was Keith finally growing up? Did he finally realize that what Sean had written was true? They did fight about it in the corridor before the Ravenclaw and Slytherin Game the week before, where Rosemarie had to interrupt and had even agreed with Sean that Keith needed an attitude adjustment, but she said Sean did not have to go about the way he did to show Keith how. Did the article and the words of their older sister finally get to him? Did he finally understand? Sean did not know, but he looked at his twin, who was offering advice to the first year.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:27 am
mc2
Miss GryffindorK

User Image
User Image

Keith glanced at Remy as she stood and offered her broom. He simply nodded and studied the girl as she used the "Up" command. Just as she said the broom went up almost immediately. She commented on how the bat was similar to a baseball bat. What is Baseball? he wondered as he looked at her. He watched she mounted the broom and awkwardly and somewhat unsteadily, kicked up, gripping the broom with only one hand. He grabbed his bat off the ground, and kicked off with elegance. "The faster you get command over a broom, the quicker you can learn how to fly and the more skill you have." he called as he looked at the first year. He nodded at Remy, signalling he was ready."Keep one hand tightly gripped on your broom, the other one on your bat." he said as he leaned forward on his own Firebolt II, he flew over to Ronna. "Just stay focused, and look for the bludgers, never stay in one place long, and most important, never let the open see you swing a bludger at them. He dashed off across the pitch." Turning and studying Ronna. "I'm not going to go easy on you! To be a beater you need to be resilient and be able to take a hit." he said before he looked at Remy. "Ready Remy."

Position: Beater
AC: 10 + 2 (3 years + 1 year due to MTA) + 2 (Deft Dodger) + 2 (natural Flyer) = 16
Modifiers: +2
Aiming at:
Final Roll:
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:36 am
User ImageUser Image
ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
It's still an Θϐʂεȿșɩȫπ

ζѻѵϵ ɱə ѳя Ңӓτҙ ϻɘ
That is the Ɋϑҽʂȶϊȭɳ

Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ watched the two fly into the air, Ronna commenting about baseball. She knew what it was, but had never played it herself. When Keith said he was ready, the captain nodded an affirmative, then loosed the chains holding the Bludgers. "Good luck you two. If either of you feel you can't continue, please, please come get some healing potion. Do not be ashamed to ask, it will not dock you points, I promise. I'd rather you not fall from the sky. You may begin." She whistled lightly, then fully released the insane orbs. If she had any faith in anyone right then... it was Keith.

UT f HARACTER
Sir Spazalots
mc2

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:18 am
User Image

User Image

Alright... flying and hitting a ball that just happens to be trying to hit you off a broom. Can't be too hard, right?

Ronna nodded at the upperclassman's commands, he was right. It didn't matter how good her swing was if she couldn't stay on the broom and maneuver well. She had another flash of wondering what she was doing trying out as a first year muggleborn with no flying experience and then she let out a small laugh as she grew more determined picturing her father's face seeing her now. He would have a cow: she was doing something reckless and stupid and could easily get her hurt. She felt a rush of adrenaline in her blood and decided she was going to conquer flying through her own pigheadedness.

She knew everyone was betting against her and Hell, she bet against herself too but she figured the upperclassmen would have to graduate eventually and if she hung around maybe she'd eventually get on the real team. This time she was going to have some fun and just not try to break her first bone. The broom steadied and she raised and circled into position, her blue eyes narrowed she said to herself with a determined smile as she raised her bat readying herself for the black orb whizzing out once released by Remy and whispered to herself, "Now or never."

User Image

{ }

Sir Spazalots
Miss GryffindorK

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games