Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:18 am
im curius ihad a few events planned and was going to give out a group of points for those that worked hard iwas gong to have207 pts availble throughout term can i still do this?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:04 pm
User ImageJack: Where to, Miss?

I have a total of 100 points possible for term, and was wondering if the final can be worth more than 20points?
{BTW james is the 200th reply in the staff room awesomness!}

Rose: To the stars.User Image

Oshenukhar

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:16 pm
Right now, the rule is as it stands. 20 points per assignment at the most. How you divvy that up is up to you.
(so yes Avatar, no tech, no Oshen)

I will say that we are currently revamping this (it needs to be updated seriously) so we will let you know that before Spring classes begin.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:04 pm
ok *heads to classroom to edit*  

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:57 pm

is there a max number of points one can give ine a term?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:51 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application

Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? A little over 3months maybe if that...

2. How many posts have you made? 65 not including this

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? no, I was only an elf... I was enrolled in elf class till i was grounded crying

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
Transfiguration/ Flying Lessons

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Profesor Baldric Flips
Professor Flips was born and raised in London, in the west end area he loves musicals and was employed as a boy at the witch and wizard theater to help with minor transfiguration of props. He also had to teach his 9 younger siblings how to fly because his parents were afraid of flying, they floo'd and aparated everywhere, so he is also a fair flyer. He is the oldest of 10 children yes, {Baldric(m), Coleen(f), , Elenora(f), Fiora(f), Galego(m), Holly(f),Jackson(m), Kelly(f), Leon(m), Penelope(f),} the names are underlined or italics int the bith group. Baldrics twin is Coleen, etc...
he is pictured below:
User Image

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I would love to experience, teaching and have fun while doing so...

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) I would teach it a lot like McGonagall did stern but fun, I would have levels for more advance students and try to challenge the student

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Oshenukharr said he would be a reference for me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I am cunning, and have a love of transfiguration that can only expand the class exponentially

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? I would be happy to.

11.Anything else you would like to add: I am a fan of the art of transfiguration and would love to learn it in real life.

freddydursley

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:50 am
Oshenukhar

waits for answer  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:17 pm
Oshenukhar

No. Each teacher is likely to have a different amount of lessons which is why we make the point rules per assignment and not per term.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

ParkerLeBou-Howlett

Dangerous Lover

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:45 pm
I believe I will have about 3-5 lessons. All depends on how much time I get online but I know I have enough time for at least 3 lessons and the year end exam.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:03 pm
freddydursley approved for Transifiguration

IceeWitch

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:21 am
Serenity Howlett
I believe I will have about 3-5 lessons. All depends on how much time I get online but I know I have enough time for at least 3 lessons and the year end exam.

already has 3-4 lessons for 3 levels of charms

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:02 pm
IceeWitch
freddydursley approved for Transifiguration
Oh crap, I can't believe I forgot to approve that! My bad sweatdrop

P.S. Thank you to everyone supporting my Herbology class. I'm actually waiting to make sure I'll have time to update lessons before I apply since I don't have all my lessons planned yet and my RL work is picking up which is why I wanted to open it up to anyone else that might be more active. I'll apply in a couple days though if no one else comes forward to teach it.

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 pm
Me, I got smart.
Last term, I was going all "Oh my god, what am I going to do for the lessons?" and constantly searching Google and Harry Potter wikipedia. Now, I decided to be smart and just have the basic idea of what it's all about before I go insane. cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am
Until further notice, the point system for Classes this term is as follows:
For each lesson: up to 10 Points for Homework/Classwork and Extra Credit can be worth up to 5 points

Finals can be worth up to 20 points.

If someone does not do their homework, and you want to deduct house points, you can only deduct half of the points they would've earned. For instance, if an assignment is 10 points, you cannot deduct more than 5 points if they didn't do their assignment.
(remember for those failing to post in their house colors, you can deduct only 5 points for each offense.)

Questions, comments, or concerns please direct them to the SFQ

IceeWitch

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games