Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:16 am

ice_illusion
Lady of Spain
ice_illusion
Ok, seriously don't read that paragraph it's a waste of time.

Why the hell didn't you put that at the beginning of your post?

Oh, and, uh, congratulations. Or something.

Sorry. Didn't think of that. *head keyboard*
Edit: I've edited it so at least you get the satisfaction of knowing you have saved someone else from it. Or something.

It doesn't really matter, I doubt anyone will actually take notice of it gonk

But at least you have a disclaimer.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:32 am

I read it anyway xp And I must say congrats 3nodding I had a similar experience this morning trying to buy tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers' gigs in Manchester. I was hoping to get four standing tickets for the tuesday gig and two seating tickets for the wednesday gig. Got the seating ones no prob but it took an hour to get the standing ones.. I was just about to give up when it finally worked. Last time I got Chilis tickets it took 40 mins and getting Glastonbury tickets took 30 mins... this is a new record for me lol

xXx White Lily xXx

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:19 pm

xXx White Lily xXx
I read it anyway xp And I must say congrats 3nodding I had a similar experience this morning trying to buy tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers' gigs in Manchester. I was hoping to get four standing tickets for the tuesday gig and two seating tickets for the wednesday gig. Got the seating ones no prob but it took an hour to get the standing ones.. I was just about to give up when it finally worked. Last time I got Chilis tickets it took 40 mins and getting Glastonbury tickets took 30 mins... this is a new record for me lol

Well done. ^_^ I just about gave up too.
They're saying that they sold out in under an hour now. xd I definately got mine after the hour was up.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:03 pm

Has anyone seen the music video for

Neverending White Lights (f. Dallas Green) - The Grace

?

Angilwingz

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:39 am

Angilwingz
Has anyone seen the music video for

Neverending White Lights (f. Dallas Green) - The Grace

?

Never heard of them.

Anyway, I know you guys don't care about this but.... Shinedown. *_____* New album = LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE! Audiogasm? Me? NEVER! ::Goes to die now.::
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:38 am

Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Saint Halloween
Great British music?

Black Sabbath, my friends. Black Sabbath.

^ Listen to this guy. ^

ninja

Quite good, but over rated, really.

What would you use as an example to match them?

Black Label Society, or Iron Maiden? They're much better as far as metal is concered.

::Stares at WhapCapn:: I didn't hear that.

Iron Maiden are great, but I still favour Black Sabbath. I listen to both a lot, but Black Sabbath have more variation between their songs. I could easily be wrong, but a lot of the Iron Maiden songs seem a bit formulaic, the same sort of pattern.

Invictus_88
Captain

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:32 am

Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Saint Halloween
Great British music?

Black Sabbath, my friends. Black Sabbath.

^ Listen to this guy. ^

ninja

Quite good, but over rated, really.

What would you use as an example to match them?

Black Label Society, or Iron Maiden? They're much better as far as metal is concered.

::Stares at WhapCapn:: I didn't hear that.

Iron Maiden are great, but I still favour Black Sabbath. I listen to both a lot, but Black Sabbath have more variation between their songs. I could easily be wrong, but a lot of the Iron Maiden songs seem a bit formulaic, the same sort of pattern.

You don't argue that Black Label Society is better then? ninja
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:39 am

Ahh yes British Music. In my opinion the best.

English:Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Rainbow, The Who, Rolling Stones

Scottish: Wolfstone, Runrig,Aly Bain

Irish: U2, Oysterband

These are all amazing bands which have gained my respect.

Hawkeye-iow

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:43 am

Hawkeye-iow
Ahh yes British Music. In my opinion the best.

English:Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Rainbow, The Who, Rolling Stones

Scottish: Wolfstone, Runrig,Aly Bain

Irish: U2, Oysterband

These are all amazing bands which have gained my respect.

................................................................................ Guns N' Roses is not English............... stare

EDIT: Half of the band members were from a band called L.A. Guns which was LE GASP! from L.A... Like the city. I can't believe you thought they were English, they don't sound anything like an English band. You can tell just by their grittyness. English bands sound more refined, at least in my opinion.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:28 pm

Damn I keep forgetting the greats. How could I forget about Iron Maiden. I love Can I Play with Madness and Run to the Hills. Totally world class band.

Masada

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:29 pm

Timeless Visage

Alas, I don't really know them. I will probably be soon enlightened though..
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:57 pm

Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

Just a little history. Yes there is a point to this.

Well, as you know Ozzy the lead singer of Black Sabbath went solo and has had many guitarists through this time. One being Randy Rhodes ex-guitarist for Quiet Riot who's greatest hit was "C'MON FEEL THE NOISE! GIRLS ROCK YOUR BOYS!" you know that song, everyone does. Anyway, Randy Rhodes died while buzzing Ozzy's bus in his plane while they were on tour. Anyway, Ozzy was devastaed but that wasn't going to stop him from creating music. So he went through several guitarists before he enlisted the help of Zakk Wylde. Zakk Wylde is an amazing guitarist to say the least, anyway after touring with Ozzy and releasing a few CDs Zakk Wylde then went on to create the band Black Label Society, which has more of a Blues Metal sound. He is of course the lead vocals behind the band, but needless to say, the band is amazing. So while I give due credit to Black Sabbath for creating Ozzy's Success who in turn made Zakk Wylde successful, as well as Black Sabbath making Ronnie Jame Dio famous (that's another story all together) I don't think they're nearly as good as Black Label Society.

[/history lesson.]

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:16 pm

Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

Well, as you know Ozzy the lead singer of Black Sabbath went solo and has had many guitarists through this time. One being Randy Rhodes ex-guitarist for Quiet Riot who's greatest hit was "C'MON FEEL THE NOISE! GIRLS ROCK YOUR BOYS!" you know that song, everyone does. Anyway, Randy Rhodes died while buzzing Ozzy's bus in his plane while they were on tour. Anyway, Ozzy was devastaed but that wasn't going to stop him from creating music. So he went through several guitarists before he enlisted the help of Zakk Wylde. Zakk Wylde is an amazing guitarist to say the least, anyway after touring with Ozzy and releasing a few CDs Zakk Wylde then went on to create the band Black Label Society, which has more of a Blues Metal sound. He is of course the lead vocals behind the band, but needless to say, the band is amazing. So while I give due credit to Black Sabbath for creating Ozzy's Success who in turn made Zakk Wylde successful, as well as Black Sabbath making Ronnie Jame Dio famous (that's another story all together) I don't think they're nearly as good as Black Label Society.

[/history lesson.]

Ah, thanks. I'll look into them, sounds worth the time.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:41 pm

Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

[/history lesson.]

I could actually send you some of their stuff if you want. Their music isn't the easiest to find considering they're mostly part of the underground scene. Anyway, now that I read that history I see that there really was no point to give you all that information. xd I just like showing off. <.< Anyway, I'm sure between WhapCapn and myself there is very little about music that we don't know.

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:38 am

Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage
Invictus_88
Timeless Visage

[/history lesson.]

I could actually send you some of their stuff if you want. Their music isn't the easiest to find considering they're mostly part of the underground scene. Anyway, now that I read that history I see that there really was no point to give you all that information. xd I just like showing off. <.< Anyway, I'm sure between WhapCapn and myself there is very little about music that we don't know.

You got msn?
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games