Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HowlPhilinish

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:37 pm
User Image

My version of the Black Templar Chaplain, Grimaldus.. I painted him.... but orderd it from GW.... took forever for them to ship it tho...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:29 pm
It looks nice. The plain white is a little glaring in some spots, do you have a detail brush that you could blacken the eyes of the skull with, or draw simple black lines representing text on the scrolls and honors?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

HowlPhilinish

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 am
I have a fine detail brush.... I just need to get more black paint... I went on a rampage with matalic black pint, Redid alll my tanks... So, i will add more detail after i get more black XD

Also, im planning on taking some bleached bone and layering it with the white..... Giving it the more of a paper look...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:21 am
howlerd
I have a fine detail brush.... I just need to get more black paint... I went on a rampage with matalic black pint, Redid alll my tanks... So, i will add more detail after i get more black XD

Also, im planning on taking some bleached bone and layering it with the white..... Giving it the more of a paper look...
That'd look good, though I'd suggest layering the bleached bone under the skull white; have the lighter color be the drybrush.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

HowlPhilinish

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:46 am
That would work, Well TY.... Im jsut surprised you didnt notice the white on the arm...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:11 pm
The lighting makes it a bit hard to pick out all the details. sweatdrop  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

HowlPhilinish

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:12 pm
Lady Blodwynn

Actaully thats before i got a better light..... Although i wont eb taking a more up to date picture because he is alittle... Battered....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:25 pm
howlerd
Lady Blodwynn

Actaully thats before i got a better light..... Although i wont eb taking a more up to date picture because he is alittle... Battered....
Well, here's an idea, it's what I do; open the shades in a window that has good sunlight coming through, turn on the main light in the room and place a white button-up shirt backwards onto a folding chair. With the shoulders wrapped around the back of the chair, you can mess with the shirt for a good backdrop. Place the mini in the middle of the shirt and back as far as you can place it, but avoid direct sunlight, it'll wash the picture out. The chair I use has just enough distance that the zoom works out pretty damn well. Also, the flash will wash if the room has enough light, so take a lot of pictures, try different things.  

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

II Deagle II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:18 am
howlerd: Have u ever thought about Putting writting on the Scrolls? With my blood angles i Use a Micro-point pen and put lil squigles on them, works great for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:36 am
Haven't been here in a friggen long time. Parenthood and multiple moves does that. Finally finished a modded land raider for sisters of battle army. Only took 4+years. Parenthood does interesting things to one's time. Mainly make it vanish like dust in the wind. The blast shield/windshield was one of the losses to the multiple moves.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Merrymess

4,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:37 am
Love the highlighting on the blue, and the detailing is very clean. Very nice!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:21 pm
User Image

My wife built and painted the guardsman on the left, her very first miniature. I think it looks outstanding for her first model. smile  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Asmusei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:19 pm
Blows my first guy out of the water, looked like I just dipped him in paint!

I know I've been pretty much flooding the guild with my semi-decent units, but I have just a few more pictures and it'll tone down quite a bit for a while, so here it goes.
DarkElf Suggested shields, trying new weapons, posing and all sorts of stuff, I have these two units to show. Hopefully they look alright, they still need touch-ups and whatnot, but I also tossed them together for testing out in a few games. The first is one that I chopped the front off of a Fusion Blaster and replaced it with a Flamer from IG. The shield is just a chopped up Drone.
User Image

This next one is the Leader of the three, just with a Bonding Knife and radio thingy to mark him as such. With this one I just did all the posing I could think of that wouldn't look down-right stupid.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:12 pm
They look slightly over drybrushed. Unless you're actually trying for a dusty look.

When I drybrush I tend to keep it to the edges, not out in the middle of large flat areas.  

Merrymess

4,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:37 pm
Merrymess
They look slightly over drybrushed. Unless you're actually trying for a dusty look.

When I drybrush I tend to keep it to the edges, not out in the middle of large flat areas.
It is intended, wanted to give them a broken and chipped concrete look. What do you think about the rest of it, though?  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games