Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whimsy Cosplay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:13 pm
Thank you. I'm not much of a welder but I weave seed beads together to make larger beads and quite a bit of experimental work  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:52 am
Hello! Im Nonobot, Im 18 and have been drawing for the past 4-5 years, only been practicing daily for the past 2.
Im usually on Deviantart or post work to my sketch blog.
I prefer digital medium over traditional, but I do both. Preferably Photoshop and pencil work.

I dont usually do fanart, but I do have alot of fandoms that I like to abuse.

Also I posted my stuff to the WIP forum some times and got no comments. emo  

Nonobotica

Cellotastic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:26 am
Hello, my name is Cellotastic, but you can call me either Cell or Rene. I'm fifteen going on SIXTEEN. OH YES. wink

I'm a nice open person who lives on the written word and drawn line. I prefer a traditional medium, mostly because I repel most forms of technoligically inclined computer programs.

I've been drawing for...let's call it... a little over a third of my life now. biggrin I draw nearly everyday, especially in school, and I'm...I forgot. O.o

Aaaaaanywho. I draw out of my head, very little references, and almost all of my character were influenced by me, my dreams, and other-such-nonesense. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 am
Hey, I'm Spork. I've always doodled but never really tried to better my own work until this summer so I'm a little nooblet. I own a tablet (purchased a few years ago, but using it to draw wasn't my intent) , but I prefer pencil and paper.  

sporknotes

Nayumi-kuru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:25 pm
Ahm.. well I'm Nayumi-kuru but I prefer "Nayumi" alone. I'll be going soon to the university to study graphic design and.. dunno what else to say xD I like to draw a lot and like to hear to any constructive critiques about my works O_o and.. that's all I guess xD.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:03 am
Hello all,

I'm Ms. Edward. Edward is just fine too. I'm a twenty year old student learning all about graphic design. I first started drawing bad anime. Really bad that I found one of my older drawings and I laughed. Anyways thats besides the point. Now my style has grown and I hope to improove on it.

Ms Edward

Romantic Genius

10,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Gash Rain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:05 pm
The name is Gash, as for my real name get to know me better and it will be revealed all in due time. Im 23 yeah Im a bit old to still be on gaia eh maybe not. Ive always loved art in is vast forms, drawing is my favorite. Its only been this year I have gotten serious about improving my abilities and pushing the bar trying new things.

Ive found a new love for dip pens heart I love inking with them, I still use a .01 mm marker for the small detail stuff. A brush for large black areas such as hair. Ive yet to master or get good results out of colored markers such as prisma brand. I like water colors and the capabilities they have so I've gotten me some cheap Crayola's to practice with and some kind of water colors that come in a tube. I think thats the next step up.

I lack a good fundemental structure due to my impatience, coloring and shading are not my forte. I can however still draw a pretty good anime/manga style character. I am trying to work on the shading. Ive taken art just about every year of my school life.

Making or drawing something on my own really gives off great sense of accomplishment. Anyone who is interested in seeing what I have done just check out my Deviant Art Account

I honestly plan to one day make a manga here in the US. My two Idols are Oh Great! for his awsome ability to draw almost anything with cute girls, and Clamp. Those girls from Clamp make one heck of manga just using ink techniques without a single ounce of tone. That or do some character/concept art for something huge.

BTW its great to be here ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:29 pm
My name is Marie, I often either go by the nickname of M, or the alias of Akamar. I'm a former student of both graphic design and animation art and design.

I've been having a bit of a lull in drawing of late, favoring some textile based crafts, but recently I've been trying to return to working on my comic and art in general.

I'm a lover of movies, particular where CG or animation is concerned, and am prone to fits of wishing to watch large quantities of anime.

I can't really think of what else to add here, however. My gallery can be found here  

Twilakam

5,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:50 pm
hi hi everyone and welcomez  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:19 am
Hi everyone biggrin I'm Anna (You can call me Setah, offcourse xD), and I'm 14 years old.
When I was a little kid I did draw very much already (if colouring books on the age of 4 count ^^"), I began practicing things like horses when I was 7, when I entered high school I began drawing more seriously (people and realistic stuff).
I really enjoy drawing, but I still have to practice a lot. Don't look at my very bad english, by the way, because I'm from the Netherlands ^^"  

Setah

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:22 pm
Your english is fine. Haha. Welcome aboard.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:25 pm
4laugh Aka-chaaan! ^_^ Hee.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. biggrin I'm not sure why I'm posting here again, but darn it all, I will! 3nodding

Cellotastic

Purely Made

Wheezing Player

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:57 am
Hello. I'm Nightshade29 , but feel free to call me night.

I'm not that good at art , and I am hoping to improve it with help from this guild biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:40 pm
I've been drawing ever since I was 5 or 6, and I had tought myself how to draw. The way I tought myself was by tracing out of drawing notebooks, and soon enough I didn't have to use those note books I started drawing everything all by myself! My drawings started to evolve in a way as I aged! Now I am able to draw pictures from looking at pictures! I hope to learn and teach the ways of art in this guild!

User Image

My drawing is above (it's Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd!)  

lysiuum

Wheezing Fatcat

4,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Master of Confused Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:29 pm
Hi!

I'm Alysha. I live in the US of A and I'm 17 years old. I'll be going off to college next year (Fall 2010), hopefully to an art school.

I love drawing, painting, pastels, charcoal, and basically experimenting with new techniques and tools. I love learning from other people.

I also like shopping, hanging out with friends, playing my guitar, chillin with my puppies, writing (songs/poems/stories/etc..).

My favorite video game is Kingdom Hearts. smile  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games