Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Quidditch Pitch B Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 92 93 94 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:13 am
User Image
Spooky, scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
And seal your doom tonight

User Image

Halfblood | Seer | First Year Ravenclaw | Eleven Years Old
Astronomy Club | Daily Dragon Writer | Dueling Club - Occasional Observer | Language Club | Music Club Violist
2nd Match 2059-60 Quidditch Pitch With: Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff
Wearing: Keeper Uniform Status: "Betrayed by my own broom…"

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

”What the—?!” No good! Yuri’s broom had a mind of its own and nearly spun out on him. He managed to regain control, but just as he did, the quaffle flew overhead and into the goal. “Darn it…” He huffed. Maybe his broom was acting up from that bludger earlier? The cards did warn him he’d be in for a challenge today. This must have been it. ”Nothing to be done now.” He would just have to be more careful next time. In the meantime, Uriel caught the quaffle and passed to Lewis.

Position: Keeper
                                                              AC: 12
                                                              Modifiers: +4 Catching ; - 1 Damage
                                                              Special Skills: Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                              Lives: ♡ ♡
                                                              Final Roll: -

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              Stefan Lee Salvatore

Spirits, supernatural, are shy
                                                              What's all the fuss?
                                                              But bags of bones seem so unsafe
                                                              It's semi-serious!

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:02 am
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Ravenclaws & Hufflepuffs
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Eagles v Badgers
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I regret all the choices that brought me here

A bludger flew from her cousin in her direction, but thankfully Linsey kept a close eye. "Stop trying to hit me!" Her voice betrayed her frustration, so she flew to the closest bludger and took aim for Flick.

AC: 14
          Modifiers: +2 {Hitting}
          Special Skills: Mean Swing, Nat Flyer, and Deft Dodger
          Saving: xxxxx
          Aiming At: Flick Winchester
          Total Roll: 13 {HIT!} {-1 for injuries}
          Lives: [✬] [✬] [ ]

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:06 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Teammates and Rivals, well.. not really rivals, they're nice...
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Ravenclaw v Hufflepuff
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This is a strange game...

Lewis watched a goal pass, then Yuri passed over to him. He held tight to the quaffle, then booked it across the pitch.

Modifiers: +2 {Throwing} +2 {Stealing}
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Total Roll: xx {xxxxx}
1/3
Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

Trickblues rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:12 am
User Image
Merciless memories
They're ringing on so unforgivingly
They show no intent of letting me go free
And if I close my eyes, and try to drown them out they only grow
They're closing in and far away you laugh

User Image

Muggleborn | First Year Hufflepuff | Eleven Years Old
Quidditch | Adventurer's Guild | Daily Dragon | Drama Club | Dueling Club
2nd Match 2059-60 Quidditch Pitch With: Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw
Wearing: Beater Uniform Status: "This should be interesting."

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

In hindsight, maybe both of them going for the same target was a bad idea. Yarrick has unleashed her fury, and right for Flick! Ivan wasn’t sure they could take another hit. He swooped in for the block, hoping for a win after several failed attempts at a hit.

Position: Beater
                                                              Modifiers: +2 Hitting ; -1 Damage
                                                              Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
                                                              Lives: ♡ ♡
                                                              Final Roll: 5 - Miss!

════════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
                                                              USERNAME

Will the rain falling down ever find an ending?
                                                              All this time I've been waiting in the freezing cold
                                                              Will the rain ever leave me alone, I wonder why it chose
                                                              To follow me when there's nowhere else I can go

Trickblues

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:41 pm
User Image

I am just a new b o y
                                                S t r a n g e r in this town

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Syd Barrett
                                                Sixteen Years Old - Sixth Year - Ravenclaw - Halfblood
                                                Quidditch Vice Captain & Seeker
                                                Daily Dragon & Art Club Artist

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Syd trailed right on the snitch tail. It was now or never. He reached out to try and catch it.

Armour Class: 18
                                                Modifiers: (spotting +8 ) (catching +8 )
                                                Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
                                                Total Roll: 22 (caught!)
                                                Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                                Spot: 19+
                                                Catch: 22+

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Will some w o m a n in this desert land
                                                Make me feel like a r e a l man?

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:52 pm
User Image

I am just a new b o y

Syd Barrett

Syd had barely caught the snitch but once he was sure he did, he looped back around and held it out as he flew by the crowd. "I caught the snitch! YEAHHHH!" he shouted, a large smile beaming on his face.

Armour Class: 18
                                                Modifiers: (spotting +8 ) (catching +8 )
                                                Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
                                                Total Roll:
                                                Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                                Spot: 19+
                                                Catch: 22+

Quote:

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Teammates
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Ravenclaw v Hufflepuff Game
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We won!

For once, Milan was (somewhat) grateful for Syd. As much of an annoyance as he was, Milan couldn't doubt that he was an excellent seeker. It seemed he'd be at the mercy of the team if he kept it up. Landing back on the ground, the tall brunette gathered his breath, then offered a hand to help Yarrick from her own broom. "Go up to the hospital wing with Uriel. Get that looked at. And hey, good job up there." He offered, a bit of a heavy breath to his words.

Yarrick hooked her bat in her belt loop, then cradled her right arm with her left. "Thanks, Cap. C'mon, Uriel. Are you okay? That hit looked pretty painful." Now that her energy wasn't pumping, the girl felt the intense pain shooting through her arm. At least Zack would be proud of her... probably. Flick would probably be super mad, but Yarrick wasn't sure how they'd react. Maybe she should've kept her energy focused on the others.

Milan leaned forward, left hand resting on his thigh as his right hand clutched at his sore ribs. He tried to focus on his breathing, especially since all the muscles over his ribcage had been damaged last year. Blue eyes stayed alert, watching his team to make sure everyone landed safely and those injured made it in with the healers. He'd have to go check on them later... but he was determined to get his practice in today. He deserved the extra practice after shoddy throws all day.

Graydon Ironshield

TrickBlues

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          AC: 18
          Modifiers: +8 {Throwing} +8 {Stealing}
          Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Natural Flyer
          Total Roll: xx {xxxxxxx}
          1/3
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. gaia_angelleft Flick Winchester gaia_angelright
Hufflepuff First Year
Fencing ❦ Quidditch
"Just be yourself - there is no one better."

When Yarrick yelled about not hitting her, Flick stuck their tongue out. But then, Yarrick's hit was really good. And Ivan's defense was really bad. Flick hoped to deflect the bludger themself, but they couldn't turn their body right and wham - right into side went the bludger. Flick gasped in pain, the other hits had been mere bruises to the leg, the forearm, nothing particular. that last one. Flick signaled that they were out - and they were swapped out with one of the reserve players.

However, before Flick could even get looked at, the g game was over - and Hufflepuff had lost. As Ivan eventually landed - Flick sent daggers his way, Flick was going to have to train Ivan to do better - be better. Well, Flick was going to have to be better too.

Flick looked up to the stands towards Slytherin, and wondered if they could use Erika's want for a sibling bond to their advantage... Flick shrugged as they slowly stood and began the hobble walk to the hospital wing.
””

Flick took aim and it went straight for yarrick.
"Conceal. Don't Feel. Don't let them know."

Position: Beater
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 hitting
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost emotion_ghost
Roll: NA
Trying to: Exist

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:10 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish
RavenclawFourth YearFourteen Years OldSingle │ Beater

After deflecting a shot to keep the Bludgers off her teammate, Linsey winced when she saw Yarrick hit a shot into Flick, knocking the Hufflepuff Beater out of the match’That’ll leave a mark,’ she thought. She saw Ron somehow manage to get a shot through Ravenclaw’s hoops to even things up at ten-all, and she glad to see Lewis was getting a chance to make his own run at the Puffs’ goals. Then all of a sudden, Syd called out that he had the Snitch, and the match was over.

Linsey let out a loud, excited whoop to cheer for Syd, before she started drifting down towards the turf. She tucked her bat under her belt, and had her broomstick slung casually over her shoulder after her feet were back on the ground. Instead of being tired, she was charged up and excited, and she was all but skipping along to where her teammates were gathering around Milan.

As she approached, she saw the way Yarrick was holding her arm, and could tell her partner-in-beatings had been grievously injured in the match. She was definitely going to make sure the younger Beater was okay, and likely be with her in the Hospital Wing if they allowed to be there. Yeah, reflected Linsey she could have been more aggressive and started pegging targets, rather than simply keeping her side relatively injury-free, but she was trying to play that ‘long game’ stuff Mom taught her. She supposed she could be accused of over-thinking things; not like there wasn’t precedent for that.

Linsey approached Milan as other players started making their way back to the castle. She bounced up to him, and couldn’t help but gush breathlessly, “Oh, mon Capitan, you were magnifique. You were playing chess while they were playing draughts. You had Ron chasing his tail like a Crup with an itch.” Her blue eyes were alight and her heart fluttered as she looked at him. She then noticed the way he was holding himself, and was immediately concerned. “Are you all right?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  AC:18
                  Modifiers: +6 to Beater Actions, + 4 to Chaser Actions
                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Mean Swing, Natural Flyer
                  Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
                  Action:
                  Effect Value:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Teammates
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We won!

Milan continued working on catching his breath a moment, using his wand to summon over his water bottle to take a drink. Somewhere, despite his own energy being depleted, Linsey practically danced over toward him. She was excitedly congratulating him for the game, and even though he was sure he'd not done his expected level, she seemed certain he'd done well. "Yea, Ron definitely made it difficult up there. Some of those steals slipped right past me. You did good too. Thanks for keeping everyone safe up there."

Dark eyes looked over at the girl, noticing her shift in demeanor, then she asked if he was okay. He gave a small nod, messy brown hair bobbing with the action. "Oh, yea. Mostly tired, but also, the muscles hurt where I cracked my ribs last year. I hate to imagine what would've happened if you'd let that bludger past." He sent her a small, if toothy grin, before moving to stretch his back and side a bit. If he'd gotten hit, he could only imagine how much more frustrating the game would've been. Luckily, he had a good team of beaters.

Graydon Ironshield

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          1/3
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:23 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

Yeah, but you came out on top, and that’s what matters,” she answered happily. When Milan complimented her work, Linsey couldn’t help but a feel a surge of excitement, and she said, “Thank you, but we all played our part, just like you drew it up. I can’t believe its over already, I was expecting a longer match.”

She gratified to know Milan was just a bit tired, and his body was reminding him of the strains of a previous match. She grimaced at the idea of him being injured today. “That would have been on me, and I would have needed to change up my strategy accordingly.” Linsey looked up at his midnight blue eyes, and added, “Thankfully, that never came to pass.”

Linsey turned about with the grace of a prima ballerina, and she said with a sweet smile, and tone low enouh so it wouldn’t carry too far, “So, I was thinking, Milan: how about you and I, and dinner at the Three Broomsticks?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  Action:
                  Effect Value:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, other teammates
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She wants dinner.... with me?

Milan offered a small, if pained smile at Linsey's insistence that he'd come out on top. "We did, yes. Our team did a really good job. I... not as much. But nothing some extra practice can't fix." He nodded, fully preparing to force that practice in whenever he could before their next game. It was going to be a head to head with his sister, and he wasn't sure he was ready. Especially with Echo having to face off against her.... well, against Syd.

When Linsey said she thought it'd be longer, Milan let out a breathy sort of laugh. "That one felt like forever! Was it not long enough for you? I bet we can make the next one last longer." He grinned, his heart rate finally coming down from the game. After mentioning his gratitude that he hadn't been hit, Linsey quickly said it would've been on her to adjust strategy. "Nah, you did great out there. Anything else, we can practice at our next team practice. Or, if you wanted more one on one, you might see if Yarrick wants the help. She's got a strong arm, but she seems scared of the ball. Then again, the Bludger is the one to be scared of."

Blue eyes watched a moment as Linsey did a little twirl. Man, he wished he had her energy levels. She then offered up a question he certainly hadn't been expecting. Dinner at the Three Broomsticks? But why? Maybe it was a way to casually discuss strategy? Or maybe she had other plans. Nothing nefarious of course, Linsey had always been a sweet girl. With a small chuckle, he nodded. "You know what, sure. Next weekend is a Hogsmeade weekend, and I would certainly buy lunch. I have to pick up a few things in Hogsmeade anyway. My candy stash is dangerously low from study sessions." Man, now he wanted some sour candies... too bad he didn't have any handy. Dang NEWT studies being too stressful.

Graydon Ironshield

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          1/3
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:04 pm
User Image
Linsey Grey-Cavendish

You were brilliant, Milan, totally aces. You put points on the board, forcing Hufflepuff to start playing catch-up. But, you’re right, we’ll all need the extra practice before next match. After what the Lions did to them, the Snakes will be hungry for a win.” Actually, given how long it was since their last win, Linsey was thinking the word ‘desperate’ was a better descriptor, but she kept that one to herself.

Linsey chuckled lightly at the idea of dragging out the match for her. “Nae, nothin’ like thot, I was expectin’ the hunt fer the Snitch te be a bit more drawn out. Naw, I’m plannin’ to help Yarrick if she’ll have it. She is afraid of the ball, an’ getting’ hit an’ hurt into the bargain, which makes her more likely to get hurt. Learned that early on from Mom. Just needs a bit more trainin’ up, more confidence in her own skills, I’m thinkin’.”

Her eyes lit up and she sucked in her breath, when Milan agreed to what she had in mind. “Then, it’s a date. I wish next weekend were right now, but I can wait.” She was smiling, and there was a song in her heart, as she tipped her head to one side, and said, “It’ll be fun shopping with you, and a trip to Hogsmeade definitely isn’t complete without stopping into Honeydukes.”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  Action:
                  Effect Value:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Linsey, other teammates
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? She wants dinner.... with me?

Milan shrugged off Linsey's compliments that he'd been brilliant, and that the whole game had been Hufflepuff trying to catch up with him. Luckily, at least, she agreed they needed extra practice. "It was a group effort. Trust me, Ron was not making it easy up there. And practice we can go over strategies more tailored to the Slytherin style of gameplay. They're a strong team, and I don't want to just take Gryffindor's route of getting them eliminated on not having reserves."

He adjusted his stance a bit, taking weight off his eternally sore leg. Linsey laughed when he mentioned lengthening the games, and he had to wonder if their next match would go quickly.... or if Syd and Echo would drag it out in efforts of not wanting to upset the other. No... he knew his sister, if nothing else. He knew she'd do her best to claw her way to victory. "Yes indeed. She needs practice to help learn the best way to dodge the ball. I'm sure you'd be great at helping her out. But that's a matter for practice. She's going to have enough of a headache if that break in her arm is any indicator. At least, I know when I broke my leg last year, it took forever to put back together... and still doesn't feel perfect." At the mention of his leg, it seemed to twinge in pain, as if to mock him for how the breaks came to be.

After agreeing to go on a trek through Hogsmeade, complete with a lunch and a candy store visit, Linsey seemed super excited. He wasn't really sure why, given that he wasn't super exciting. "I'm sure it'll be great. A welcome distraction from NEWT studies, anyway. It's a nonstop battle. I feel like I'm either on the pitch or in the library somewhere these days." He huffed softly, but had to admit it would be a nice way to get out of his loop. "So then I'll see you Saturday at the latest. We can meet out by the front doors and walk down to Hogsmeade together. Unless you'd rather meet up there. I'm not sure if you have other plans for the day." He grinned over, running a hand through his windswept hair. He then pushed his goggles up into his hair, then grabbed his actual glasses from their case in his pocket. Blinking his bright eyes a few times, he sent over a silly smile toward the younger teen.

Graydon Ironshield

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          1/3
          ✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:24 pm
User Image

I am just a new b o y

Syd Barrett

Syd felt a high as he did another victory lap before finally letting go of the snitch and landing on the ground. He loved how winning a quidditch game made him feel, but who wouldn’t? After high fiving and hugging the team members surrounding him, he started to make his way towards the castle, still sporting a large smile. He figured Echo was still in the stands somewhere, trying to get out. It always took a little while with the amount of students watching the game. As he approached the gates, he spotted Milan clutching his ribs while talking to Linsey. Although he didn’t watch most of the game, he had heard the commentators loud and mostly clear (with some muffled laughter) when announcing the Captain’s shots. Syd didn’t fully know what came over him – either his winning high or the fact that he played as perfectly as a seeker could – but he couldn’t help but make a comment, even with their teammate there. “That’s odd, I don’t remember hearing that you got hit with any bludgers. Perhaps they hurt from embarrassment,” he suggested, referring to Milan’s horrid shots. “I suppose I should thank you from the one goal you made. Those ten points really saved our arses,” he continued sarcastically, placing a hand on Milan’s shoulder.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Graydon Ironshield

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 91 92 93 94 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games