Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a little hummingbird

Witty Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:53 pm
Hi everyone!

You can call me any varition or shortened version of my username, or Maddie.
I'm twenty years old, a university student who works with a socially disabled teen from time to time. I am a design major, and I've been on gaia since late 2008 (not my first account). My original account was hacked and banned, and since I was fairly young then, I didn't really do anything about it. I've had a few different abandoned accounts since then, mostly due to a creeper friend! DUN... DUN, DUN!

I joined this guild when I saw another friend join it. While I haven't said much about the way Gaia has changed, I'm beginning to feel a little bit used. I understand that they are a company and most companies are looking for profit, but I think for the past few months they've really overdone it, and I don't want to be sitting cash for them.

You can usually find me in the Word Games, Barton Town, and Gaming forums.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:56 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Pelli. I originally joined gaia back in '06, left, and came back 3 years ago. It was a little strange to see gaia cash around, but not too bad. Recently though, I took a few months hiatus and was startled to see what the site had become. In just that short time, gold inflation is suddenly rediculous and literally everything is related to GC.

Now, I don't have a problem with the concept-if people are willing to spend real money for a few things, that's ok. But it's way out of hand now, and it's making it very difficult to stay afloat in the gaiaconomy without cash. Now, for me, I can just draw my way to gold, but for people who make their gold playing the marketplace, it's very nearly impossible.

Anyway, I'm here to make a stand- and I like the peaceful protest philosophy I'm seeing here a lot.  

Pelliwag

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:19 pm
Enigmatic Malady
Pleasure to meet you all. I'm Malady, or also known as Beri from time to time. I've been on Gaia since 2003, though I was hacked twice, and gaia refused to even help me get my items / accounts back. So, this is my newest account, everything I own is either donated or I bought with my own gold. I'm an artist. Currently on hiatus since my tablet is pretty old and broken. But that is how I get my gold, that or selling items I wont ever use..

Anyways, I'm 19, live in California, I'm a Cancer. I'm normally on gaia all the time, but trying to change that up since I wish to start school, Hopefully, but will be troublesome since I do not own my diploma just yet. As for helping gaia hear our voices, I'll try what ever I can to help in any way. For the donating part I sadly can not do that, I have dreams of my own after all.

You can normally find me in the Barton town or the graphics area, since I love getting new posts made for my role play characters. You may also be able to contact me through PMs, or Comments, Preferably PMs though, easier to do that way then comments on behalf.

Well then, that's me. Pleasure to meet you all, and I hope I can help get our voices heard.

*strolls away*

Hello Malady, and welcome to the guild!
Wow, you've been here since the beginning then. It seems like the longer people have been on Gaia, the more hurt they are about everything going on.

emotion_0A0 I read that as "I have Cancer". I'm so glad I was mistaken.
You are not at all required to donate, so don't worry about that. And good luck getting your diploma!

It's a pleasure to meet you as well and I hope to see you around. emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 pm
a little hummingbird
Hi everyone!

You can call me any varition or shortened version of my username, or Maddie.
I'm twenty years old, a university student who works with a socially disabled teen from time to time. I am a design major, and I've been on gaia since late 2008 (not my first account). My original account was hacked and banned, and since I was fairly young then, I didn't really do anything about it. I've had a few different abandoned accounts since then, mostly due to a creeper friend! DUN... DUN, DUN!

I joined this guild when I saw another friend join it. While I haven't said much about the way Gaia has changed, I'm beginning to feel a little bit used. I understand that they are a company and most companies are looking for profit, but I think for the past few months they've really overdone it, and I don't want to be sitting cash for them.

You can usually find me in the Word Games, Barton Town, and Gaming forums.

Hey Hummingbird! I'm glad you decided to join us as well. 3nodding

I agree, it does feel like members are being used and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This site used to be about so much more than "How much money can we make?" and it's sad to see it fall so far.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:30 pm
Pelliwag
Hello everyone, I'm Pelli. I originally joined gaia back in '06, left, and came back 3 years ago. It was a little strange to see gaia cash around, but not too bad. Recently though, I took a few months hiatus and was startled to see what the site had become. In just that short time, gold inflation is suddenly rediculous and literally everything is related to GC.

Now, I don't have a problem with the concept-if people are willing to spend real money for a few things, that's ok. But it's way out of hand now, and it's making it very difficult to stay afloat in the gaiaconomy without cash. Now, for me, I can just draw my way to gold, but for people who make their gold playing the marketplace, it's very nearly impossible.

Anyway, I'm here to make a stand- and I like the peaceful protest philosophy I'm seeing here a lot.

Hey Pelli! I have to say, I really liked the note you wrote in your join request.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to come back to a Gaia like this. Pretty shocking, I wager. It's really made a gap between "rich" and "poor" members--something that definitely shouldn't exist on a site people use to escape those kinds of problems. The more money you have, the more money you can make. If you don't have money... seems you're pretty much screwed unless you're an artist, as you said.

I'm glad you like our philosophy! Gaia has enough angry people as it is. Imagine a guild full of them... we'd all be banned within a week! xd
It seems to us that calm and collected is the way to go if we want to be treated like actual people with feelings instead of trolls.

Anyway, welcome to the guild! Feel free to ask questions if you have any.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:45 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Enigmatic Malady
Pleasure to meet you all. I'm Malady, or also known as Beri from time to time. I've been on Gaia since 2003, though I was hacked twice, and gaia refused to even help me get my items / accounts back. So, this is my newest account, everything I own is either donated or I bought with my own gold. I'm an artist. Currently on hiatus since my tablet is pretty old and broken. But that is how I get my gold, that or selling items I wont ever use..

Anyways, I'm 19, live in California, I'm a Cancer. I'm normally on gaia all the time, but trying to change that up since I wish to start school, Hopefully, but will be troublesome since I do not own my diploma just yet. As for helping gaia hear our voices, I'll try what ever I can to help in any way. For the donating part I sadly can not do that, I have dreams of my own after all.

You can normally find me in the Barton town or the graphics area, since I love getting new posts made for my role play characters. You may also be able to contact me through PMs, or Comments, Preferably PMs though, easier to do that way then comments on behalf.

Well then, that's me. Pleasure to meet you all, and I hope I can help get our voices heard.

*strolls away*

Hello Malady, and welcome to the guild!
Wow, you've been here since the beginning then. It seems like the longer people have been on Gaia, the more hurt they are about everything going on.

emotion_0A0 I read that as "I have Cancer". I'm so glad I was mistaken.
You are not at all required to donate, so don't worry about that. And good luck getting your diploma!

It's a pleasure to meet you as well and I hope to see you around. emotion_c8

Hah, Yea, my sisters had me join this place back then. Now it's just me and my second oldest sister, though, my oldest oldest sister still has an account here. I found it the other day and laughed because she's still questing the 70's shirt XD...

As for me having cancer, I'm sorry you thought that, I was born in July, so it makes me the Cancer.. I'm a crabby... *woddle woddle*

But yes, tis a pleasure to meet you as well.  

Enigmatic Malady

Shy Otaku

12,600 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Noble Shade 100

Nabyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:53 am

Hi everyone, nice to meet you, you can call me whatever you like unless insults! :3
I'm a 29 years old lady, married with two kids and I've been here since '06 and when GC started I couldnt afford it since it wasn't available in my country. Nowadays I can buy BUT half my wages go for XX pixels that I dont own. I'm fed up with all the GC spamming the announcements, the constant mails from the admin, the lack of response to ANY subject.
I used to be on the QA forum, I loved to help in any way I could, but then I noticed that newbies bought GC, dressing "better" than me, and ignored my help. The same on GCD, if you don't have an Agape Cut, jesus, you're so out.
Im old, I work for my family, I use gaia as my place to run away from daily stress, dress my char like I want and sometimes, do some animations to work towards my now impossible goals.
I want my old Gaia back, with polite people, where admins would listen to you.

I guess that's pretty much I wanted to say ^^
Have a cake! yum_cupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:12 pm
Hi, I'm Oyayubihime (you can shorten it however you want). I'm into all sorts of geeky things, including Gaia. I don't post much, but I lurk a lot. I've been here since 2007, and I hope to help the guild in trying to fix Gaia smile  

Oyayubihime

Aged Shapeshifter

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:51 pm
Oyayubihime
Hi, I'm Oyayubihime (you can shorten it however you want). I'm into all sorts of geeky things, including Gaia. I don't post much, but I lurk a lot. I've been here since 2007, and I hope to help the guild in trying to fix Gaia smile

I've been here since '04 and became a lurker around '07, remained that way until I joined Revolution: Gaia. BTW I'm geeky too, I'm a computer, games, anime and sci-fi nerd, ,so don't worry.
I like the fact that you and many other people use the words "fix Gaia" -sigh- I don't know if fixing would be the way to put it since it sounds like we expect things to go back to the way they were -sigh- but we can at least try to get it into some kind of functional shape since in reality it won't ever be the same again. cry
Welcome aboard! emotion_hug

Nabyrie

Hi everyone, nice to meet you, you can call me whatever you like unless insults! :3
I'm a 29 years old lady, married with two kids and I've been here since '06 and when GC started I couldnt afford it since it wasn't available in my country. Nowadays I can buy BUT half my wages go for XX pixels that I dont own. I'm fed up with all the GC spamming the announcements, the constant mails from the admin, the lack of response to ANY subject.
I used to be on the QA forum, I loved to help in any way I could, but then I noticed that newbies bought GC, dressing "better" than me, and ignored my help. The same on GCD, if you don't have an Agape Cut, jesus, you're so out.
Im old, I work for my family, I use gaia as my place to run away from daily stress, dress my char like I want and sometimes, do some animations to work towards my now impossible goals.
I want my old Gaia back, with polite people, where admins would listen to you.

I guess that's pretty much I wanted to say ^^
Have a cake! yum_cupcake

Heh heh, your not so old (I'm 37 ninja )
Glad to have you with us, and don't worry a large majority of us are long time members in our late 20's or more. lol Most of the crew is married with kiddos too wink
You fit in perfectly and we are glad to have you with us. We are working on some new things to get into action. Check out the Arenas activity for starters and see if there is something you think you can do to help out with that. If you have some neato ideas then just post them in the ideas thread  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:47 am
Oops forgot to do this when I joined the other day. My name is Necra. I've been a member of Gaia Online since early 2000's (Don't remember exactly) Anyway I was in middle school at the time (21 now). I wasn't too upset when GC first came up but now Gaia is just shoving it down peoples throats and I've had just about enough of it.  

Necra Eclips

Alien Warrior

16,675 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

slutspirations

Lucky Pup

9,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:48 pm
Hi! I'm CryPixels but I just go by Pixels. I've been on Gaia for 5 years, this is my original account and it is my baby. Its been hacked and banned SIX times, but I finally got it back a year ago! I came back from a semi-hiatus 3 or 4 months ago, only to find everything over-inflated and GC being shoved down my throat. I can't take it anymore! This is NOT the Gaia that I know, love and grew up with!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:12 pm
CryPixels
Hi! I'm CryPixels but I just go by Pixels. I've been on Gaia for 5 years, this is my original account and it is my baby. Its been hacked and banned SIX times, but I finally got it back a year ago! I came back from a semi-hiatus 3 or 4 months ago, only to find everything over-inflated and GC being shoved down my throat. I can't take it anymore! This is NOT the Gaia that I know, love and grew up with!

emotion_hug

Yes, you have come to the right place. Welcome back  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

EternallyAnna

Fashionable Businesswoman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:56 pm
Hello, everyone! I'm Anna. I originally joined Gaia in 2006- when I was fourteen, wow- and had a lot of fun for a few years before leaving for reasons I can't even remember. But I seem to have come back in the middle of a catastrophe and wow. Things have changed. I'm not quite up to speed on everything that's happened yet but I've been lurking in SF reading everything I can find and posting when I feel qualified. I feel like bringing about change is going to be tough for everyone but every little thing helps, right? And the more people speak, the better. I want to see the Gaia I loved come back.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:14 pm
EternallyAnna
Hello, everyone! I'm Anna. I originally joined Gaia in 2006- when I was fourteen, wow- and had a lot of fun for a few years before leaving for reasons I can't even remember. But I seem to have come back in the middle of a catastrophe and wow. Things have changed. I'm not quite up to speed on everything that's happened yet but I've been lurking in SF reading everything I can find and posting when I feel qualified. I feel like bringing about change is going to be tough for everyone but every little thing helps, right? And the more people speak, the better. I want to see the Gaia I loved come back.

Welcome Anna biggrin

I've seen many old users return to see Gaia as it is now and find them lost and confused. Glad to have you with us. heart  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

WateryGrave

Lonely Rogue

7,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:39 pm
WateryGrave---call me Grave.
I've been on Gaia since 2005. It's changed a lot and I'm glad I'm not the only one unhappy about it. It's pretty lame that they became cash-addicted. I left Gaia for about two years or so, only coming on and off for random things like event items (a friend would talk about them and it would remind me). However I feel that tons of stuff go on/have happened that I'm still not even aware about. I ask people on Zomg why this and that is happening, for instance why certain items half a year ago were around 100k are now around 1 million?? And then they tell me it's because of some stupid bundle item (I still don't understand those). I also feel that the evolutionary items, while cool and having fun stories at times, have taken over the role of the monthly collectibles. /;

Thank you Pwnder for the acceptance. c:

🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games