Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:10 pm
Tabby sorry but I'm not approving your request. Last term you applied to teach it, but only posted one lesson which resulted in your House losing house-points (because you didn't add any to the Hour Glasses). If no one else applies for the class by March 26, you can have it.

Wicked: you're approved. obviously... I would've gladly been your reference!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:15 pm
Aww, but you didn't know that I was going to apply, and it was kind of a spure of the moment thing. I figured "Why not?" Ah well, you can be my reference now that I've already got the job, lol.  

WickedRentSpringAwakening

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 pm
Junimaia
Unless someone else expresses interest in it, I'll probably teach Herbology again, but I'll wait on applying in case anyone else wants in on it.
but herbolgy is so fun when you teach it you should do it just like how miss love should still be the defense agaisnt the dark arts teacher you two do so well at those classes  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
um i have been part of the guild for a few years now some time after august 27th 2007 cause thats the day i joined gaia
2. How many posts have you made?
quite a few
3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?yes and i enjoyed them all and did as much of the work as possible

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
charms and if not charms then transfiguration
5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
hmm lets see ashtar enumar will be the teachers rp name and my username is techpriest35
6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
its a way for me too keep up on my activeness and for me to have fun with the lessons plus i enjoy teaching the spells to the students
7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
ok my lessons will be similar to most of my past lessons i will have interactive class work home work of about 10 questions based on the lesson will answer teh questions of the class spells that are cast wil be done with a d20(1 20 sided dice) that way no one can just have perfect results
8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
i would give references but i havent asked if they want to be refs
9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
um exp and lots of time to post the lessons and the homework plunty of time to answer the questions of others
10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
i have no problem subbing for any one
11.Anything else you would like to add:juni should teach herbology and miss love should teach DADA

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:07 am
I would be a reference for both Rent and Tech. They are both active and I think they will be great teachers. (I know Rent was alreay approved and I would have said yes, had he asked.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:52 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Since September 28, 2009

2. How many posts have you made?
227+

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
I've been enrolled in a couple classes, and I tried my best to get the homework done.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
First would be Defense Against the Dark Arts; Second would be Potions

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
username is Nike_goddess-of-victory
Professor's name is Aria Goode

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
Because it is a good way to make me a little more active here, and it could help my house earn points (along ith other houses to be fair)

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
I will have some class work that would help them with integrity (because sometimes the dice roll can be annoying, since it will occasionally fail them so many times). I will give out homework with 5 to 10 questions based off the lesson. At the end of the term there will be a final based off all the lessons. For some lessons it may be better for the dice roll and number generators, in which I will specifically say to use those.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Stardust Muse and meree

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Well, I'm really intelligent like a Ravenclaw and totally awesome and outgoing as well.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
yes. yes, I would. i am not one of those picky people who will only settle for not substituting.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
Juni! You should do Herbology! My friend said you were the best at it!

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

Tabby507

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 pm
I completley understand. Maybe I should graduate from Hogwarts (I'm a sixth year now!!!) and then try to teach!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 pm
Tech: Approved for Charms

Nike: Approved for Potions!

Tabby: Or just be willing to be a sub. You can try again next term, if it doesn't open up this term.

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:33 am
Teachers please be aware that there are restrictions on how many points you can offer for assignments... a general idea is as follows (per student):
Classwork/homework should be worth 10 Points, Extra Credit 5-10, and Finals 10-20.
Sometime before term begins, I'll give you the more definite form (or an updated one).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am
Juni::
Thanks! xD
I'll set up my thread very soon. C:

Icee::
Oh, how interesting! Was it different before? o 3o
Because I thought finals could be worth a lot more, and homework could be worth 20 points...

Stardust Disaster
Crew

WickedRentSpringAwakening

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 pm
So just to be clear, are we allowed to rp as our professor character as well as our student character in the rping subforum?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:06 pm
Yes. For the Express though, if you are a student, RP as a student. It will help a lot when we're counting posts for points.

IceeWitch

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:05 pm
Actually, Icee, I think it'd be okay for him to teacher rp in the Express. The new hogwarts staff signup in the Express only applies to the graduate teachers. So as long as he doesn't masquerade as a graduate (why anyone would do that is beyond me, since you'd be tagging yourself out of some potentially awesome house point earning, you want Hufflepuff to win don't you??!? gonk ) it should be okay, since he'll only be part of the student passenger list.

@Stardust Disaster: I guess there was a system developed earlier that never officially got tacked into the teacher rules. The first post in the staff room currently states no more than 20 points for assignments, which is a pretty vague statement that's open to interpretation. Actually... I remember you or some other Hufflepuff getting confused by that and asking what it meant, and I answered to the best of my knowledge using some really good past classes as a reference. I just figured that was how it was done sweatdrop We mods'll try to make sure this rule is clarified before term starts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:08 pm
IceeWitch
]Teachers please be aware that there are restrictions on how many points you can offer for assignments... a general idea is as follows (per student):
Classwork/homework should be worth 10 Points, Extra Credit 5-10, and Finals 10-20.
Sometime before term begins, I'll give you the more definite form (or an updated one).

That general idea was completely wrong. It doesn't matter how you award points, as long as it's no more than 20 points per assignment! Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I agree with Juni. For you it doesn't matter! ((But with him being a first-year wouldn't it be a little weird?))

IceeWitch

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:44 am
So, just to be clear. I can still make my classroom worth up to 10 Points for Homework/Classwork and everything else I suggested? We just can't go over 20 Points for Homework/Classwork.

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games