Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:30 pm
You have two Englishes. Ich.

Some schools people get to choose between doing Gaelic and English. Just found that out today. Learning poems about how horrible the english are sounds much more fun than disecting poems about how horrible the english are.

How much analysis is in English Language?  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:35 pm
ice_illusion

Some schools people get to choose between doing Gaelic and English. Just found that out today. Learning poems about how horrible the English are sounds much more fun than disecting poems about how horrible the English are.

Well, we were pretty horrible.

But the English have changed, will you welcome them back again? With a steaming bowl of porridge? Or mars-bar, or something..

EDIT: The new national dish of Scotland. Scotch-Yoghurt. A bowl of hot yoghurt with salt sprinkled on it.

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:45 pm
Invictus_88
ice_illusion

Some schools people get to choose between doing Gaelic and English. Just found that out today. Learning poems about how horrible the English are sounds much more fun than disecting poems about how horrible the English are.

Well, we were pretty horrible.

But the English have changed, will you welcome them back again? With a steaming bowl of porridge? Or mars-bar, or something..

EDIT: The new national dish of Scotland. Scotch-Yoghurt. A bowl of hot yoghurt with salt sprinkled on it.

I think having a subject based entirely (well, from what I've heard) around how horrible the english were is a little much.

You can have all the mars-bars and porridge. Actually if you put the mars-bar in the porridge they're edible enough.

I haven't head of this new thing called Scotch-yoghurt although it sounds like it should have some whiskey in it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:10 pm
Lady of Spain
English Language A level is extremely dull and not particularly good, by all accounts. It's basically dumbed down linguistics.

I would not say a Maths A-Level is much to celebrate either.

- bitter Gunner  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:13 am
NOTE TO INVI

I don't think that the guild affiliations is such a great idea. I tried it during the (attempted) GLEA revival and it only led to those who liked the other guild's laxity buggering off there. Think how many active members of this guild aren't actually British. Could we have survived if they had gone to a guild for their nationality?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:58 pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KylFbzFFbEc&search=lady of spain  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:32 pm
eek  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:56 am

Seconded.  

and_solo_said

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:46 am
and_solo_said

Whatever happened to Whapcapn? It had style, like you were the Capn' of Whap. Whatever that is... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:46 am
and_solo_said

Notice the mysterious leg on the far right which occaisionally comes into shot.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:24 am
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

Whatever happened to Whapcapn? It had style, like you were the Capn' of Whap. Whatever that is... sweatdrop

He wants us to be able to call him LoS.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:57 am
ice_illusion
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

He wants us to be able to call him LoS.
3nodding

Shut it, you.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:02 pm
I like the English language A-level.

Any A-level is going to be a dumbed-down version of the subject you actually want to study, so you might as well pick one that you could see yourself enjoying.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:38 pm
and_solo_said
NOTE TO INVI

I don't think that the guild affiliations is such a great idea. I tried it during the (attempted) GLEA revival and it only led to those who liked the other guild's laxity buggering off there. Think how many active members of this guild aren't actually British. Could we have survived if they had gone to a guild for their nationality?

Noted.

Also; the thread about it, are people still unable to post there?

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:23 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
NOTE TO INVI

Noted.

Also; the thread about it, are people still unable to post there?

They can now.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games