Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:29 am
Please do finish it up this time round! crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:13 pm
Here´s what I´ve been planning for awhile and resently managed to
get my plans in motion. biggrin
It´s my of Grand Master figure for Grey Knight army,
based on Tirion Fordring from WoW, leader of the Argent Crusade. biggrin

Tirion Front
Tirion Back
The base of the model is Castellan Crow´s Failcast figure,
just clipped the head off and replaced it with a old Marauders head.

Tirion Backpack
The backpack is one of the extra ones I had laying around in my bitz-box,
you can get these from GW´s online store.

Tirion Sword
The sword should be obvious,
It´s the large Great Sword from Dreadknights box.

Tirion Base F
Tirion Base B
Tirion Base S
Tirion Base UP
The base is the work of Scibor Miniatures,
they offer some sweet bases and models for reasonable prize tag. <3

And yes, I know, I could/should have made the Ashbringer,
but decided not to due to not really thinking of any good fluff and reason to
the blades overall design. :/
Besides, I already gave that name for the Brotherhood´s Battlebarge. biggrin

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:33 pm
Alright, I have some new pictures to sow you guys. The first is a WIP, but I'm almost done with it: Sniper Drone Spotter
Rear Right

This next one is of a new weapon that I created. The idea is that it can cut through a big chunk of at least a Leman Russ tank. Using three weapons and maintaining a straight beam of plasma between two points. Obviously I can't ever use it, but it looks alright to me:
Cutter Left
Cutter Right

I know, the Crisis suit isn't done yet, but he's almost there as is. I'll post more when I scratch-build the Drones for the Sniper Spotter.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 pm
Alright, I have some new pictures to sow you guys. The first is a WIP, but I'm almost done with it: Sniper Drone Spotter
Rear Right

This next one is of a new weapon that I created. The idea is that it can cut through a big chunk of at least a Leman Russ tank. Using three weapons and maintaining a straight beam of plasma between two points. Obviously I can't ever use it, but it looks alright to me:
Cutter Left
Cutter Right

I know, the Crisis suit isn't done yet, but he's almost there as is. I'll post more when I scratch-build the Drones for the Sniper Spotter.
I like the spotter, especially the cable from his helmet to the rifle.

The plasma cutter could always be a counts-as for a broadside suit or such, no?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:34 pm
DarkElf27
Rear Right

Cutter Left
Cutter Right

I like the spotter, especially the cable from his helmet to the rifle.

The plasma cutter could always be a counts-as for a broadside suit or such, no?
Well, it was really just a screw-around thing, but I'm thinking of putting together a small scene of Crisis Suits assaulting an I.G. trench-line, the leader having a much better constructed cutter that is held by both arms. That way, I can also have him slicing into an actual Leman Russ, do some dynamic lighting and glue some hair-thin wires for the sparks. Originally I was going to have him slicing through a Grey Night's shield and the weapon biting into the breast-plate and a few bolter rounds flying wildly.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:15 pm
I have yet another update for you guys. This time, I have finished Fire Warriors, the feet and the bases just need to be touched up. [X]
Also, I have close-ups on the squad Leader, one from the front and two side views to give a good look-around. I went with orange on the back of the helmet as friendly markers, so even aircraft can spot them but keep from revealing them to the enemy. [X] [X] [X]
Last of all, I've been working on a bit of a different project and only now have something to show for it. I'm putting together a Chess board using 40K units. Black will be Abadon and other Chaos Marines, white will be Ultra Marines, just can't remember the name of their special character. This is what I have for the board so far: [X]

By the way, if any of you have read Ender's Game, you should recognize my Tau colors from Dragon Army. wink  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:57 am
my ideas for pieces:
king: calgar/abaddon
queen: tigurius/ahriman
bishop:devastator/havoc
knight:assault marine/raptor - dont forget making jump pack noise when moving him razz
tower:terminator/obliterator
pawn: tac guy/csm  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:03 am
So, I've gone and done some of my old Plaguebearers, to get back in the saddle after spending almost 4 years out of the hobby. Seeing as they're just practice models, I decided to try out that new-fangled NMM technique. I'm going to work through my old Death Guard of about 8 models, paint my converted Sorcerer and Typhus, and then possibly sell them to crack on with a real army.

Without further ado...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The bases are left blank so when sold on the buyer can customise the bases to fit in with their own army.  

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:23 pm
Van Evok
my ideas for pieces:
king: calgar/abaddon
queen: tigurius/ahriman
bishop:devastator/havoc
knight:assault marine/raptor - dont forget making jump pack noise when moving him razz
tower:terminator/obliterator
pawn: tac guy/csm
Well, the kings are the only Special Character units we got, the queens are a Chaplain in Terminator armor/ Sorcerer in Terminator armor, but the rest is pretty much it! I was even thinking of putting everyone on left over clear basses, but Abbadon and Calgar already have unique basses, as we simply put Abbadon on the special base for the Sorcerer. To say the least, it'll make a great center piece for our living room!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 am
This one took me three nights of work, so it really isn't the best job ever and I will be doing a whole lot of touch-ups, but here you go:

User Image

I built and painted him on the lid of a dice box, so the whole container would seal the whole thing to keep dust out. These pictures haven't been reduced, so I'm simply hyper-linking them: {X} {X}  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:42 pm
wow, nice set up, keeping behind cover and watching a scanner-like device is so Tau-like...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:55 pm
I'd love to see it after the touchups. The drybrushing looks good, but if you don't add some detailing to it, it looks like you were just trying to rush it. See if you can add little bits of color in the details like lights, lenses, things like that.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:19 pm
DarkElf27
I'd love to see it after the touchups. The drybrushing looks good, but if you don't add some detailing to it, it looks like you were just trying to rush it. See if you can add little bits of color in the details like lights, lenses, things like that.
Thanks, I'm just not sure what else to paint, though! I always shave off the camera pieces from my Fire Warriors and leave them only on Spotters and Path Finders. Also, the lens of the targeting camera on the Rifle is painted green, since my lenses are Scorpion Green with a wash of Ice Blue for a bit more of a true Night Scope look. I've never tried dynamic lighting, so I guess I can do that.
Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:21 pm
Van Evok
wow, nice set up, keeping behind cover and watching a scanner-like device is so Tau-like...
biggrin I tried to make it look like an Auspex reading movement in the direction he's looking, even though it's a Drone Controller.  

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games