Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate Near?
  Yes!!!
  No
  A little...
  No he is better then L!!!
  Yes, he does not deserve to be L's heir and the next L!!!!
View Results

Zani_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:06 am
I don't really hate Near.. well I do a little since I'm Mello's fan and I don't like the fact that in a way Near won against Mello.. but other than that he's ok. I found some scenes with him cute but overall I just see him as a plain character that pisses everyone else in the manga off.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:58 am
I can't say he does not deserve to be L (as nobody else can take the place other than Light...) , but I really hate Near.

An little albino kid with childish look and teasing people (especially when talking to light). I'm not a Light fans, yet I really feel angry when Near is attacking Kira with that SMILE. Geez, the L-style smile. It does not match and from that very moment I saw that picture, I hate Near till the very end.  

Racino Kasa

tieru

Blessed Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:38 am
User Image
HUHUHUHUHUHU.

Sorry about that,
I couldn't help myself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:02 am
I've never really liked Near. No, let me say, I DESPISE him.
For one, I hate little quiet kids who think they can be someone just because they're out of the way. (...Which describes me, but thats besides the point ; 3;.)
For two, He friggin' got Light killed. (Lemme make a statement. I'm a Light fan, not a Kira fan. Kira is evil D<.)
For three, He could never be L, and he said it himself.
For four, I hate little kids D<
I'm done o 3o.

`McLaren

2DsGuitar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:50 am
grrrr,lil poser wannabe L...there can only b ONE LT,T.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:39 pm
So much hate in this thread. xd

But anyways, my opinion on Near...

Yes, Near isn't most likable character in death note but then neither is Light and he has a humongous fan base. In fact, I like Light as a character because he isn't your typical 'super nice main character that is ever so likable' which makes him a nice change from your usual protagonist.

But I digress, Near is not my favourite character in Death note ( L for the win razz ) but for some unknown reason I have a soft spot for him. He's cute in his own bizarre (and sometimes creepy) way I suppose. He's also the only Death Note Character I can draw and be somewhat proud of the results. xd

Also, his real name 'Nate River' is a pretty nifty name methinks. cool  

Piffle Inna Box

Stephkotsu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:59 pm
tieru
User Image
HUHUHUHUHUHU.

Sorry about that,
I couldn't help myself.

XD I love it! Ha ha ha.

Simply awesome-o. Five out of five for that pic!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:54 pm
I hate Near

Near completely ruined Death Note after L bit the dust. Ls death was trajic, but I was willing to read on for the sake of loving Death Note. BIG MISTAKE! While DN was entertaining and kept me on the edge of my seat while L was tracking around Light, Near just beat around the bush. BUT IT WASN'T EVEN THAT! That would have been okay! It was Near's AMAZING ability to be omniscient!

Ohba or Obata (whichever one wrote) seemed to just go "Okay...Near needs to know this information...so..." and then they took complete crap and turned it into a clue. Then somehow Near took that crap-clue and played with it in his head and suddenly he knew another thing Kira was doing.

like...

"This bubble bath is slightly too warm, Kira must have changed the temperature of this building's water heater. Which means Kira must know where we are at this moment, which means that Kira must be nearby. If Kira is nearby then he can only be within a two mile radius, and that leaves me with five hotels. Kira would attempt to be a normal citizen and attract as little as possible attention to himself, which means he must be at a hotel which is neither the cheapest or the most expensive, which leads me to conclude Kira is staying at Holiday Inn. And if Kira is staying at Holiday Inn, then that must mean that Kira is staying in a room at the top of the building, for for that would give Kira..."

SERIOUSLY. e__e  

IttyBittyKitty

Ls_heir_near

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:50 pm
IttyBittyKitty
I hate Near

Near completely ruined Death Note after L bit the dust. Ls death was trajic, but I was willing to read on for the sake of loving Death Note. BIG MISTAKE! While DN was entertaining and kept me on the edge of my seat while L was tracking around Light, Near just beat around the bush. BUT IT WASN'T EVEN THAT! That would have been okay! It was Near's AMAZING ability to be omniscient!

Ohba or Obata (whichever one wrote) seemed to just go "Okay...Near needs to know this information...so..." and then they took complete crap and turned it into a clue. Then somehow Near took that crap-clue and played with it in his head and suddenly he knew another thing Kira was doing.

like...

"This bubble bath is slightly too warm, Kira must have changed the temperature of this building's water heater. Which means Kira must know where we are at this moment, which means that Kira must be nearby. If Kira is nearby then he can only be within a two mile radius, and that leaves me with five hotels. Kira would attempt to be a normal citizen and attract as little as possible attention to himself, which means he must be at a hotel which is neither the cheapest or the most expensive, which leads me to conclude Kira is staying at Holiday Inn. And if Kira is staying at Holiday Inn, then that must mean that Kira is staying in a room at the top of the building, for for that would give Kira..."

SERIOUSLY. e__e

too much hate god when are you people gonna wake up and relize how much of a asset near is he avenges L and anyone that hates him pretty much htes Ls judgment in picking a sucsseor dont hate near  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:52 pm
NOBODY SAY THEY HATE NEAR OR ELS FEEL THE WRATH OF THE RABID FANGIRL  

Ls_heir_near

Ls_heir_near

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:55 pm
TaiyoukaiLord
I really don't like Near. He's definitely not worthy of being titled the next L, and I hate him for 'killing' Raito.

oh but light is i dont see anyone complaining about how light is the second L  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:17 pm
IttyBittyKitty

SERIOUSLY. e__e

I haha-ed at that.

[:

Does it make you all feel better if he dies not long after the end of the last book?

tieru

Blessed Fairy

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:37 pm
Ls_heir_near
IttyBittyKitty
I hate Near

like...

SERIOUSLY. e__e

too much hate god when are you people gonna wake up and relize how much of a asset near is he avenges L and anyone that hates him pretty much htes Ls judgment in picking a sucsseor dont hate near

I hope you realize L didn't technically pick Near; he didn't pick either Near or Mello. Since Mello was unwilling to work with Near, Near got the whole title to himself. And Near and Mello were the top two candidates because they were smartest at Whammy's House, not because L picked them (unless I'm mistaken, in which case I'm sorry).

Ls_heir_near

I hate Near. With a passion.
Are you really going to inflict your wrath on the owner of the guild?
Yeah, that's right. Power abuse. I could kick your a** out of here in no time =3 HOW DO YA LIKE THEM APPLES? (And I'm not sorry for that, anyway. biggrin I love having power for once.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:14 pm
SerenitytheWaterSprite
Ls_heir_near
IttyBittyKitty
I hate Near

like...

SERIOUSLY. e__e

I hope you realize L didn't technically pick Near; he didn't pick either Near or Mello. Since Mello was unwilling to work with Near, Near got the whole title to himself. And Near and Mello were the top two candidates because they were smartest at Whammy's House, not because L picked them (unless I'm mistaken, in which case I'm sorry).

LS_HEIR NEAR WROTE
but in the book it does state that he meets them presonaly and why hate near when he loved L so much he is like his little brother why cant we all just get along

Ls_heir_near

I hate Near. With a passion.
Are you really going to inflict your wrath on the owner of the guild?
Yeah, that's right. Power abuse. I could kick your a** out of here in no time =3 HOW DO YA LIKE THEM APPLES? (And I'm not sorry for that, anyway. biggrin I love having power for once.)
crying why would people who love L hate his heir thats just mean  

Ls_heir_near

tieru

Blessed Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 pm
L should totally pick Mello. <3
I wonder what Near would feel about that.

Everything Death Note

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff