Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
"The Old Testament Doesn't Count!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does the Old Testament count?
  Yes
  No
  Only parts of it (Explain)
View Results

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:53 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly

I think it was pretty much unintentional, but you did, with the whole "I'd go to Hell myself to free all the innocent people" statement. And the fact that you think you could do a better job at being God than God does.

1. I wasn't comparing myself to Jesus. I was telling you what I would do if God was real.
2. People who keep quoting me on that keep missing that I myself was quoting a comedian.

1. What's stopping you from doing it now, whether or not you think God is real?

I already have.

God just hasn't answered my questions. sad

You just haven't listened.

I like to think that I have.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
2. If you haven't expressed otherwise, use of a quote implies that you agree with it and/or that it is true to you. In which case, I challenge you to do a better job than God.

Yes, I agree with the quote. I believe Rashind would provide complete and undeniable proof of his existence. I also believe that we should impeach God.

How can you impeach the creator of the universe?

JESUS CHRIST! scream

I quoted a comedian! Would you people please stop quoting me on that? It doesn't matter how you would go about impeaching Him. In fact, that's the exact point of the entire joke. The system is screwed up, and wouldn't it be funny if the Kingdom of Heaven was a democracy instead?

Quote:
Why do you want to impeach him if you don't believe he exists?

Point is, if God does exist He certainly doesn't deserve His title.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:23 pm
Lethkhar

Says you. Pretty sure the Creator of the universe would beg to differ.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:10 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

As would any tyrant. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:19 am
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar

1. I wasn't comparing myself to Jesus. I was telling you what I would do if God was real.
2. People who keep quoting me on that keep missing that I myself was quoting a comedian.

I already have.

Knock on His door. If He doesn't want to get up to open it for you, keep knocking. Eventually He will get so fed up with the racket you're making that He'll open up. I believe this is what Jesus taught about the nature of God.

I'm here, aren't I? wink

Well, we're trying to help you. There's no-one stopping you knocking on His door, except yourself of course.
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Priestley
2. If you haven't expressed otherwise, use of a quote implies that you agree with it and/or that it is true to you. In which case, I challenge you to do a better job than God.

Yes, I agree with the quote. I believe Rashind would provide complete and undeniable proof of his existence. I also believe that we should impeach God.

What's Rashind's proof of his own existence got to do with you going to Hell to free innocent people?

Absolutely nothing, as far as I can tell.

*Shrugs* I'm not the one who brought it up.

Are you not? You were the one claiming to be some sort of Godly saviour figure by claiming you'd do a better job than God by going to Hell to save people. So what if you were quoting a comedian called Rashind? It's no use diverting attention away from your claim by saying "I never said that! It was Rashind!"
Lethkhar
Priestley
If you couldn't do exactly what Jesus did, you wouldn't save anyone from Hell. Moreover, when did Jesus go to Hell to rescue innocent people? He didn't go to Hell and has never been. The salvation is in Jesus' life, crucifixion, death and resurrection, not in Jesus physically having gone to Hell and physically bringing everyone out. Where did you learn that?

Who on earth are you talking to? And what the ******** are you talking about? confused

All I said was that I'd gladly go to Hell to save everyone else from the same fate. Again: I am not comparing myself to Jesus. You people are the ones that did that. And I never said Jesus actually took people out of Hell. That would be totally irrelevant.

If you didn't split my paragraph, you would have seen that I'm speaking to you about the nature of what Jesus actually did as the saviour of mankind, comparing it with your idea of saving people by going to Hell yourself. I'm also claiming that you wouldn't be able to save anyone from Hell even if you did indeed intend on honouring your word by being this saviour figure.

I'm shocked that someone with such an intellect as yours wouldn't know better than to post with such tone and language as to treat me like a babbling fool.

Priestley

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:02 am
Priestley
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Priestley

I already have.

Knock on His door. If He doesn't want to get up to open it for you, keep knocking. Eventually He will get so fed up with the racket you're making that He'll open up. I believe this is what Jesus taught about the nature of God.

I'm here, aren't I? wink

Well, we're trying to help you. There's no-one stopping you knocking on His door, except yourself of course.

"And all the preaching voices
In the temple and marketplace..."

Quote:
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Priestley

What's Rashind's proof of his own existence got to do with you going to Hell to free innocent people?

Absolutely nothing, as far as I can tell.

*Shrugs* I'm not the one who brought it up.

Are you not? You were the one claiming to be some sort of Godly saviour figure by claiming you'd do a better job than God by going to Hell to save people. So what if you were quoting a comedian called Rashind? It's no use diverting attention away from your claim by saying "I never said that! It was Rashind!"

That's not what I said. Just because you quote someone it doesn't mean that you believe the same things of yourself. For instance, when you quote God in saying,"I am the LORD", does that make you the LORD?

No, that's silly.

I said that I would gladly go to Hell myself to save everyone who is innocent. I also said Rashind would be a better God. So what?

Quote:
Lethkhar
Priestley
If you couldn't do exactly what Jesus did, you wouldn't save anyone from Hell. Moreover, when did Jesus go to Hell to rescue innocent people? He didn't go to Hell and has never been. The salvation is in Jesus' life, crucifixion, death and resurrection, not in Jesus physically having gone to Hell and physically bringing everyone out. Where did you learn that?

Who on earth are you talking to? And what the ******** are you talking about? confused

All I said was that I'd gladly go to Hell to save everyone else from the same fate. Again: I am not comparing myself to Jesus. You people are the ones that did that. And I never said Jesus actually took people out of Hell. That would be totally irrelevant.

If you didn't split my paragraph, you would have seen that I'm speaking to you about the nature of what Jesus actually did as the saviour of mankind, comparing it with your idea of saving people by going to Hell yourself. I'm also claiming that you wouldn't be able to save anyone from Hell even if you did indeed intend on honouring your word by being this saviour figure.

I'm shocked that someone with such an intellect as yours wouldn't know better than to post with such tone and language as to treat me like a babbling fool.

I never said I could do it. I said I would do it if I could do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:15 pm
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

So would an innocent person. stare We're arguing in circles now. I'm pretty sure that the Creator of the universe would have a bit of a better perspective of justice than someone He happened to stick into that universe. That's like telling the brain it's wrong for operating the way it does.

"But why does this cell only react to horizontal bars moving sideways? That's dumb!" Though, the brain didn't create itself and it's not something that's always existed ... never mind. I hope you get my point. Whether you agree with it or not. -headdesk-

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:37 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

So would an innocent person. stare We're arguing in circles now. I'm pretty sure that the Creator of the universe would have a bit of a better perspective of justice than someone He happened to stick into that universe. That's like telling the brain it's wrong for operating the way it does.

"But why does this cell only react to horizontal bars moving sideways? That's dumb!" Though, the brain didn't create itself and it's not something that's always existed ... never mind. I hope you get my point. Whether you agree with it or not. -headdesk-

Wait, what? Head asplode! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:42 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Well, most brains certainly are wrong to some degree. neutral

I still don't like the idea of a single person bring judge, jury, and prosecutor. It's too totalitarian.  

Lethkhar

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:47 am
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

I still don't like the idea of a single person bring judge, jury, and prosecutor. It's too totalitarian.

Or, rather, you think God's corruptable.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:53 pm
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Or, rather, you think God's corruptable.

No, I think it'd be impossible for there not to be bias.  

Lethkhar

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:02 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar

I already have.

And I'd like to think that Hilary Clinton isn't a b*tch.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

JESUS CHRIST! scream

I quoted a comedian! Would you people please stop quoting me on that? It doesn't matter how you would go about impeaching Him. In fact, that's the exact point of the entire joke. The system is screwed up, and wouldn't it be funny if the Kingdom of Heaven was a democracy instead?

In the future, can you say that you quoted a comedian?

Quote:
Quote:

And you do? I think that the being who created the universe would know how to run it best. It's "LOGICAL", something you're always talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:36 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley

I already have.

Now, now...I distrust Mrs. Clinton as much as anyone, but that was uncalled for.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

JESUS CHRIST! scream

I've said it, like, 150 times already... stare

Sorry, I'm just getting fed up with it. sweatdrop

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And you do? I think that the being who created the universe would know how to run it best. It's "LOGICAL", something you're always talking about.

Henry Ford was probably not the greatest driver who ever lived. What you've claimed isn't logical at all.  

Lethkhar

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:03 am
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar

I already have.

Now, now...I distrust Mrs. Clinton as much as anyone, but that was uncalled for.

The only thing she does after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto (that was sad, by the way; but I think her son is planning to lead the party and run for election) is put a present under the tree that says "Peace for Pakistan." First she votes wholeheartedly to go to Iraq - as most people did. After the war started to go sour, she said she wasn't sure what she thought. A couple of days after that, she said that she was wholeheartedly against the war from the start. Opportunist, just like most Democrats. They will say anything to sound good for the people. I think it was most called for.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

JESUS CHRIST! scream

I've said it, like, 150 times already... stare

Sorry, I'm just getting fed up with it. sweatdrop

You did? I didn't see it, I'm sorry.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Henry Ford was probably not the greatest driver who ever lived. What you've claimed isn't logical at all.

Do you know everything about the entire universe? No. Does anyone know everything about the entire universe? No. Does God know everything about the entire universe? Yes. Who is most fit to run it? God. What's not logical about that?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:18 am
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44

The only thing she does after the assassination of Benazir Bhutto (that was sad, by the way; but I think her son is planning to lead the party and run for election) is put a present under the tree that says "Peace for Pakistan." First she votes wholeheartedly to go to Iraq - as most people did. After the war started to go sour, she said she wasn't sure what she thought. A couple of days after that, she said that she was wholeheartedly against the war from the start. Opportunist, just like most Democrats. They will say anything to sound good for the people. I think it was most called for.

Oi, like I said: I am not a supporter of Hillary Clinton. Hell, I'm not a supporter of the Democratic Party. They're mostly a bunch of spineless moderates who spend so much time cowering in fear and weedling away for votes that they make absolutely no actual progress. And the Republicans are just morons.

I'm with George Washington: Major parties are bad for democracy and are destroying this nation.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with the previous discussion. But that's OK. 3nodding I like talking politics.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Do you know everything about the entire universe? No. Does anyone know everything about the entire universe? No. Does God know everything about the entire universe? Yes. Who is most fit to run it? God. What's not logical about that?

Does Richard Petty know everything about every race car he ever drove? No; his mechanics knew way more about his race cars than he ever did. Who is "The King" of race car driving? Richard Petty.  

Lethkhar

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:27 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar

Oi, like I said: I am not a supporter of Hillary Clinton. Hell, I'm not a supporter of the Democratic Party. They're mostly a bunch of spineless moderates who spend so much time cowering in fear and weedling away for votes that they make absolutely no actual progress. And the Republicans are just morons.

I'm with George Washington: Major parties are bad for democracy and are destroying this nation.

But this has absolutely nothing to do with the previous discussion. But that's OK. 3nodding I like talking politics.

I despise politics.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Does Richard Petty know everything about every race car he ever drove? No; his mechanics knew way more about his race cars than he ever did. Who is "The King" of race car driving? Richard Petty.

Your comparison is insufficient. God made everything. Plasma, dark matter, then cute girl you're going to see at homecoming, everything. And from pure nothingness too, with no equipment whatsoever. He spoke, and it was so. If you refuse to see the logic in that, then you're more stubborn then I expected from you.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff