Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KchulaRrit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:51 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
I read "For the Emperor" and I think it has some good moments.

So far, I thought 2 was better than 1, and 3 is better than 2... The series literally gets better with every novel. I think it's because, like with other series, the better the author gets to know the characters and, likely, the better YOU get to know the characters - the more well written it becomes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:13 pm
I was real big on the sentinal pilots  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:10 am
The fourth Ciaphas Cain book, "Death or Glory" will be hitting the shelves in the month February of the year 2006.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:16 am
Lt_Brookman
The fourth Ciaphas Cain book, "Death or Glory" will be hitting the shelves in the month February of the year 2006.
right on, where do you get your info from Lt you always seem to have good tidbitz  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:12 am
I got this from the Black Library, where they have posted their new range of books and crap until the month of March if not mistaken. Nick Kyme''s Necromunda book will be released around the end of this year, along with a sequel to the Blood Bowl thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:33 pm
huh despite my online time i had never thought to look there  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:54 am
You really ought to, they sometimes even update their news section with something. Nine out of ten times it's crap news, but sometimes they present soemthing useful. I just wish that those lazy frags would update the PDF section, because I'm starting to think that the Blood Bowl novel is not as great as they claim it to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:55 am
I was thinking about the Blood Bowl book myself. I still can't figure out how they can write a book about what is essentially football.  

Angelic_Executioner

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:43 am
yeah um i cant bring myself to even watch blood bowl being played let alone read about it  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:14 am
I could play it, I've always liked the look of the norse players, but I don't know if I could read a novel about it.  

Angelic_Executioner

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:53 am
so i think ill start Double Eagle now after the disappointing ending of the Inquistion War  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:53 pm
Mat
so i think ill start Double Eagle now after the disappointing ending of the Inquistion War

Yeah the ending sort of blows.

I have a hard back copy of Double Eagle, never got around to reading it though. I picked up Ravenor the next day and devoured it in 24 hours. Hehehe, I have a taste for Dan Abnett. heart  

Angelic_Executioner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:10 pm
I'm itching to get my hands on "Last Command", hardback or not, I am going to get that book. I'm not going to let a little something like that stop me from reading the magical Disney feeling that is known as the Tanith first and only.

Double Eagle is a good read, if you like the idea of the Battle of Britain in 40k style. People with a disliking for the Imperial Navy should give the novel a wide berth to avoid any future shed tears.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:49 pm
i was looking at another forum so long i forgot what is was going to post  

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Angelic_Executioner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:51 pm
Happens to all of us at some point.

Lt., why would someone not like the Imperial Navy? I just can't understand that...  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff