Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
So you're a streetlight manifesto fan... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:27 am
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Jesus christ!

thomas is the worst guitarist on the ******** face of the planet.

He's got rhythm... and that's about it. There are plenty of worse guitarists.

The man doesn't even know how to play in half time. everyone slows to half and he decides to play at the same speed. and he does the same pick patterns for his "upbeat" which he never really plays upbeat.

it annoys me. I had to sit through them to pass out flyers. I figured, I'd go down have fun, skank a bit, enjoy myself even if I don't really care for them. but then, it just wasn't skankable at all. but I did get a comfy seat in a couch while I waited for them to end! and I got the new Dan Potthast CD for half price b/c dan is awesome.

Well, his off beat accenting... is accenting the offbeats, so I see no problem there. It isn't ludicrous to play in normal time (or even double time) while others are playing in half, not that I see him do it anyway. Well, whatever.

But seriously, we get it. You don't like Streetlight. This is only the millionth time I've seen you completely trashing them, it's really enough. We all got the point after the first time. It's like you're just trying to start conversations about how horrible they are. I'm not trying to sound angry or mean, but it is getting to be a little ridiculous now.

I know its ridiculous. I had to sit through them for an hour at a show, I figured i oculd atleast dance and all, but it was just like. ahh. idk. so after giving them a millionth try, I still can't stand them. lol. I was just very irritated by it and felt the need to say something. lol.

I think we all could've safely assumed that you had a horrible time and just couldn't have fun at a Streetlight show.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:01 pm
When is this topic going to die? its like every time I come in here we are talking about how Streetlight fails live. You know I enjoy there albums and all but its no differant live. Some one wanna talk about something different? any one listen to mark foggo?  

Kingshortpants

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:18 am
Kingshortpants
When is this topic going to die? its like every time I come in here we are talking about how Streetlight fails live. You know I enjoy there albums and all but its no differant live. Some one wanna talk about something different? any one listen to mark foggo?

Welcome to the ska guilds, where just about every active member hates Streetlight. Get used to it, I already have.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:29 pm
Slag10
Kingshortpants
any one listen to mark foggo?
his work in the late 90s is my favorite.

Melomaniacal
Welcome to the ska guilds, where just about every active member with any taste in music hates Streetlight. Get used to it, I already have.

Do you just have problems accepting other people's opinions? Are you that close-minded? Just cut this out, you're just being really immature.

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of you're disrespectful attitude. You are disrespecting me and many of the people in this guild. You are insulting your fellow ska fans, and it's just not right. You need to learn some damn respect, and to respect other people's opinions. Don't you dare tell me that I don't have a taste in music because I like something you don't. And don't give me some bullshit response trying to justify the s**t you say, we all know damn well what you're saying. And don't bother saying "oh, I thought you were 'used to it,'" I may be used to you're extreme hatred of Streetlight, but not the personal insults. Leave the insults for the band, not for the people who listen to them. It's enough. Grow up and learn some respect.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm
Melomaniacal
Slag10
Kingshortpants

Melomaniacal
Welcome to the ska guilds, where just about every active member with any taste in music hates Streetlight. Get used to it, I already have.

Do you just have problems accepting other people's opinions? Are you that close-minded? Just cut this out, you're just being really immature.

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of you're disrespectful attitude. You are disrespecting me and many of the people in this guild. You are insulting your fellow ska fans, and it's just not right. You need to learn some damn respect, and to respect other people's opinions. Don't you dare tell me that I don't have a taste in music because I like something you don't. And don't give me some bullshit response trying to justify the s**t you say, we all know damn well what you're saying. And don't bother saying "oh, I thought you were 'used to it,'" I may be used to you're extreme hatred of Streetlight, but not the personal insults. Leave the insults for the band, not for the people who listen to them. It's enough. Grow up and learn some respect.

I believe what he is saying is streetlight is not music, so those who listen to it, don't listen to music, terefor having no taste in music.

either that or he is saying they're not tasty.

either way, calm down. plenty of people don't like Ska for no reason at all(least not any good reasons). I don't yell at them, I just try and get them to goto one of my bands shows. most people who go tend to have fun and end up actually liking it. don't be angry, if you wish for them to change, try getting them to give it a chance, if they did and they dun like it, then obviously just dun talk about it around them.

sure you're ******** cuz them is the ska guild and it is streetlight. but thats besides the point, plenty of more bands to talk about. like Good Clean Fun.  
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:43 pm
Guns of Navarone

I believe what he is saying is streetlight is not music, so those who listen to it, don't listen to music, terefor having no taste in music.

can it be both? ._.  

Slag10

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:57 am
Slag10
Guns of Navarone

can it be both? ._.

works for me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Slag10
Kingshortpants

Melomaniacal

either way, calm down. plenty of people don't like Ska for no reason at all(least not any good reasons). I don't yell at them, I just try and get them to goto one of my bands shows. most people who go tend to have fun and end up actually liking it. don't be angry, if you wish for them to change, try getting them to give it a chance, if they did and they dun like it, then obviously just dun talk about it around them.

sure you're ******** cuz them is the ska guild and it is streetlight. but thats besides the point, plenty of more bands to talk about. like Good Clean Fun.

Are you kidding me? You're just not getting it, are you?
I don't care if you don't like Streetlight, that is NOT what this is about. This is NOT about your taste in music, or my taste in music.
What I care about is your CONSTANT disrespect. It's just constant insult on other people because of what they chose to listen to, and it's not right. I could care less if you hate Streetlight, but DON'T tell me I don't have a taste in music because I do. You're being a disrespectful p***k. It's just not right, and I won't just sit back and take it.

If you can't see what's wrong here, then you're extremely dense and I'll just give up trying to get you to understand why this is so wrong and disrespectful.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:54 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Slag10
Kingshortpants

Melomaniacal

I don't care if you don't like Streetlight, that is NOT what this is about. This is NOT about your taste in music, or my taste in music.
What I care about is your CONSTANT disrespect. It's just constant insult on other people because of what they chose to listen to, and it's not right. I could care less if you hate Streetlight, but DON'T tell me I don't have a taste in music because I do. You're being a disrespectful p***k. It's just not right, and I won't just sit back and take it.

If you can't see what's wrong here, then you're extremely dense and I'll just give up trying to get you to understand why this is so wrong and disrespectful.

well I was hoping you'd get that I was kinda bein sarcastic and all, but i guess not. and the a*****e in me wants to say I dun get whats disrespectful. but I'm in a good mood. so yeah, I know, but it is some peoples opinions that anyone who listens to streetlight has no musical taste. why look at 90% of people who listen to them. they generally don't. so maybe he likes to generalize. so you can go and yell at him for not being a true rudie and being prejudice about someone just because the music they listen to. or, you can ignore it, or you can just get over it.

Personally, I have nothing wrong with people liking streetlight, but i have a problem with people treating them like their the best ever, or like thomas is the best musician ever. I would say Frank Leisener or Jeff Rosenstock are both way better musicians, where as thomas seems rather mediocre.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:23 pm
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Slag10

well I was hoping you'd get that I was kinda bein sarcastic and all, but i guess not. and the a*****e in me wants to say I dun get whats disrespectful. but I'm in a good mood. so yeah, I know, but it is some peoples opinions that anyone who listens to streetlight has no musical taste. why look at 90% of people who listen to them. they generally don't. so maybe he likes to generalize. so you can go and yell at him for not being a true rudie and being prejudice about someone just because the music they listen to. or, you can ignore it, or you can just get over it.

Personally, I have nothing wrong with people liking streetlight, but i have a problem with people treating them like their the best ever, or like thomas is the best musician ever. I would say Frank Leisener or Jeff Rosenstock are both way better musicians, where as thomas seems rather mediocre.

Sorry for the semi-wall-of-text, but I do hope you read this all.

Okay, I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I also feel like you still don't get it. So I'll say it one more time:

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with him, or you, or anyone not liking this Streetlight. This doesn't even have to do with Streetlight. Just STOP talking about Streetlight, it has NOTHING to do with them. It has nothing to do with Tomas, it has nothing to do with the band. It has nothing to do with their music, or their musical talent.

Okay, is that clear?

With that understood, let me tell you, again, what this is about. This is about you and Slag telling me, and many other people, that we don't have any taste in music. You are REPETITIVELY insulting me, and if you can't see how that's disrespectful, then get checked for downs-syndrome, you might just have it. You are judging and insulting an entire group of people based on ONE band they listen to. Once again, this is EXTREMELY disrespectful, and EXTREMELY ignorant.

Let me repeat another thing that I'm not sure you're understanding:

If you don't like a band, that is FINE. You can insult the band all you want. Call them horrible musicians, say they have bad stage presents, call them fagots, I don't give a s**t. But don't you DARE insult the people who enjoy them for the fact that they enjoy them ("90% of the people who listen to them have no taste in music." What the ******** is that bullshit your saying?). It's ignorant, immature, and disrespectful. There are plenty of people, like myself, who like bands that you hate, but still love every other band that you love. I'm sure you wouldn't like it either if some people just started telling you that you have no taste in music because you listen to some band you like.

And yes, I am pissed off.

And no, I won't calm down. It's very hard for me to calm down when someone insults my passion for music because of one band I like.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Slag10

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:52 pm
OH MY GAWD!

You'd think some has stuck their d**k in the mashed potatos with the way this is going!

I had resoved not to contribute anymore to this but lets clear somethings up shall we?

First of all, Im very sorry that so many people got their panties in a soggy knot over a off hand internet joke of modifying something using the quote feature. i figured people would know that this is what we call HUMOR. Cynical and bitter humor, but still not meant to be taken serously none the less. Quit taking things so seriously.

On that note- Ska to the average person my age is ******** joke. Lets face it, most people's idea of ska is influenced by corny 90's thirdwave acts like less than jake etc. Ska as a trend lasted about 6 months, only to be replaced by the week long swing fad. Get it through your heads- To 90% of the world, none of us have any taste. I took alot of s**t at the radio station for being the "ska kid" and i "did not have any taste"

Seriously- Grow up. Someone on the internet made fun of you. you can cry about it, or man up and either ignore it or hit back. I don't plan to change your oppinions; you won't change mine. I'll joke about your taste, and you can go ahead and make fun of mine. Honestly, there are bigger problems than some mean bully making fun of you on the intarwubs.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:28 pm
Slag10
OH MY GAWD!

You'd think some has stuck their d**k in the mashed potatos with the way this is going!

I had resoved not to contribute anymore to this but lets clear somethings up shall we?

First of all, Im very sorry that so many people got their panties in a soggy knot over a off hand internet joke of modifying something using the quote feature. i figured people would know that this is what we call HUMOR. Cynical and bitter humor, but still not meant to be taken serously none the less. Quit taking things so seriously.

On that note- Ska to the average person my age is ******** joke. Lets face it, most people's idea of ska is influenced by corny 90's thirdwave acts like less than jake etc. Ska as a trend lasted about 6 months, only to be replaced by the week long swing fad. Get it through your heads- To 90% of the world, none of us have any taste. I took alot of s**t at the radio station for being the "ska kid" and i "did not have any taste"

Seriously- Grow up. Someone on the internet made fun of you. you can cry about it, or man up and either ignore it or hit back. I don't plan to change your oppinions; you won't change mine. I'll joke about your taste, and you can go ahead and make fun of mine. Honestly, there are bigger problems than some mean bully making fun of you on the intarwubs.

Haha, you give yourself too much credit. I'm not whining, nor am I being "bullied."
I'm telling you to learn some respect and to not be a p***k. This isn't the first time that you acted like a complete s**t to me, and you weren't "joking" last time.
First off, I don't give a s**t if someone at your little radio station said you have no taste in music. That's no justification for being a p***k. You think that because it was on the internet, it's just completely acceptable? There are times and places on the internet where it would be funny and acceptable, but not in a forum where everyone it supposed to just be sharing/talking about a common interest. And ESPECIALLY not if the person you're "joking" with already doesn't like you from past arguments. If you think that was funny, then you're the one who needs to get a sense of humor. I don't see how me taking offense and getting pisses at your ignorant, douche-bag comment makes me immature. The way I see it, you're a disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k, and being an disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k on the internet doesn't make you any less of an disrespectful, immature, ignorant p***k  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:54 pm
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Guns of Navarone
Melomaniacal
Slag10

Sorry for the semi-wall-of-text, but I do hope you read this all.

Okay, I feel like I'm repeating myself, but I also feel like you still don't get it. So I'll say it one more time:

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with him, or you, or anyone not liking this Streetlight. This doesn't even have to do with Streetlight. Just STOP talking about Streetlight, it has NOTHING to do with them. It has nothing to do with Tomas, it has nothing to do with the band. It has nothing to do with their music, or their musical talent.

Okay, is that clear?

With that understood, let me tell you, again, what this is about. This is about you and Slag telling me, and many other people, that we don't have any taste in music. You are REPETITIVELY insulting me, and if you can't see how that's disrespectful, then get checked for downs-syndrome, you might just have it. You are judging and insulting an entire group of people based on ONE band they listen to. Once again, this is EXTREMELY disrespectful, and EXTREMELY ignorant.

Let me repeat another thing that I'm not sure you're understanding:

If you don't like a band, that is FINE. You can insult the band all you want. Call them horrible musicians, say they have bad stage presents, call them fagots, I don't give a s**t. But don't you DARE insult the people who enjoy them for the fact that they enjoy them ("90% of the people who listen to them have no taste in music." What the ******** is that bullshit your saying?). It's ignorant, immature, and disrespectful. There are plenty of people, like myself, who like bands that you hate, but still love every other band that you love. I'm sure you wouldn't like it either if some people just started telling you that you have no taste in music because you listen to some band you like.

And yes, I am pissed off.

And no, I won't calm down. It's very hard for me to calm down when someone insults my passion for music because of one band I like.

from experience, 90% of people here who like them don't listen to ska at all, and all they listen to is pretty much pure ******** s**t. sure the ska kids may listen to em kinda, but most of em don't listen to them too much. the ones that do always tend to be the ******** lil emo kids, who yeah, I'll say have terrible taste in music. cuz they don't know s**t about their"music of choice" 's roots, they call half the s**t punk or hardcore. they listen to bands with not talent at all because they are hot. don't tell me they don't, cuz trust me, I know tons of people who generally listen to bands cuz they're "hot".

anyways, I was kinda agreeing that it was disrespectful and that I wouldn't generalize every streetlight fan, but I guess you choose to ignore that.

also, i say all 3 of us are dicks. but hey who ******** cares. you might be a total d**k online, you might be a d**k offline, but you could still also be respectful and kind. sure that sounds impossible I'm sure. but maybe you could understand it if ya grow up.

I say everyone calms the ******** down already. who cares what someone thinks about your music taste an opinion is an opinion. you shouldn't be so worried about what other people think.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff