Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
'Cause that's the normal reaction... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If this is in the wrong forum
  feel free to move it, and sorry.
View Results

Tromper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:45 pm
I've never really done that... I hate strongly dislike most Cannon pairings/MWPP Fics/Any book past book 4, but I won't stop reading a book/story just cuz it's got het it has to be poorly writen, make me feel like an 11/12 year old reading it, and/or plotless. Het or slash doesn't really matter, well at least to me....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:19 pm
I have found my people! Omg, I have done that so many times! I turn all the appropriate filters on before I'll even look for meh ficcies. I stop at 'het.'  

Marrionetta

Dapper Darling

Yotsu

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:57 pm
Trying to be cool with these post frames...

*rape, bondage, twincest, threesome, foursome, mpreg, beast, het..."AUGH, MY EYES!!! NOT HET!!!

seriously, though, most stuff doesn't phase me. I'll look at the tags for fics and if It doesn't tickle my fancy, I might just check it out anyway. But if it's hetero at all, I won't even touch it.

...And failing ever so miserably.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:55 pm
Hehe, like many other people here, I see that little three word... thing, and I skip over it like it's been figureatively burned. xd Though mpreg makes me squemish too... there's a reason why I don't like guys getting pregnant... well, unless it's a parody, those are always nice...

sweatdrop

Lenre Li

Countess K

Hilarious Vampire

7,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:17 am
I can stand, like it sometimes. But it isn't my favorite thing (typically skip unless it's a side pairing). I nearly cried when I read book seven and found out Harry wasn't watching Draco or Severus and that Remus didn't commit suicide over a pic of him and Siri.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:24 pm
Yaoi_cutie

You find it starts invading your life, too...Now whenever I see a movie or TV show, I automatically pair up whatever hot guys I can. And then cry if I can't find fics for them online.::

this is exactly like me.
i do the same thing.
: D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Opal`

chocobeans

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:01 am
I'm not disgusted by het or anything - I'll still read some in other fandoms, but it just doesn't work for me in Harry Potter because I don't like any of the female characters. The only girl I like is Luna, and maybe, *maybe* Ginny, but that's rare, because she usually comes off as an annoying nuisance in fics. My opinion, anyway.

But when I'm skimming for fics to read, I never go for the het. If I see "het" in the summary/description, I'll typically roll my eyes and think, "Bor-ing." It just doesn't interest me.

Plus, practically a third of the het fics out there are Mary Sue fics, which is another hated matter altogether.

Slash has totally changed my outlook on everything - movies, books, anime, my male friends, even. I'll always pair people/characters up in my mind, and go hunting for fanfics or fanart. I'm not complaining though! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:32 pm
i really don't like het pairings --
they make me nausious.
i know that's odd, but ...
slash is my thing, yo.

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

bleakdesolation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:50 pm
I can't read those anymore. They freak me out. Especially if it has a heavy rating. So nasty. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:30 pm
*shrugs* It all depends for me. I can stand Hermione, Luna, Pansy but only when there paired with certain people. I just can't do cannon pairings, I just can't do it. Also most of the fics I read make other girls look like total bitches. I prefer slash much more then hentai. I can't even tell you how many times I read a really good fic then in the middle I find out it's a Harry/Ginny then suddenly it's like "Well hey this fic suddenly sucks butt no need to read the rest of it, I'll just forget the whole beginning to it."

Zelenyee Milaya

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:53 am
Well, when I first saw het as a warning on a slash fiction, I laughed my head off. I thought it was so funny. Apart from that, I don't really react to heterosexuality, unless it's something like, Dramione, Severitus, or Harry/Ginny. But, I don't mind things like Ron/Hermione, or one of the twins and a girl from the quidditch team, etc. I just won't read a fic with a pairing that I think is wrong, gay or straight. (That's right, all you slightly disturbing Snaco fans out there...)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:45 pm
If I find a fic with 'Het' in the warnings, the chances are I'll ignore it until I'm either desperate, or grabbing fics for my boyfriend to read on the laptop. He's not too fond of slash, although he will read well-written ones (Like the Mirror of Maybe, which is the first one he read and accepted).

Personally, I'll read the occasional Harry/Luna, because Luna is wonderful and I'll read fics with her and anyone (except Ginny, whom I hate with a passion), and the occasional Lily fic, most of which are het.

My read favourites to read are all Harry-centric slash, and I haven't got many dislikes that I'll avoid. I rarely read Sirius/Remus, or fics with other people than Harry in them, but I'm obsessed with Sirius/Remus Doujinshi.

Visually, I prefer Sirius/Remus, and I adore Remus in just about anything, but fiction-wise, it's Harry-slash all the way!

I've had some weird experiences with warnings too. I've read just about every type of warning (even read a Cloud/his bike over in the FFVII fandom, and some very icky Dante/demon who burned him from the inside out as they had sex in DMC (which is on my favourites)), and I adore quite a few of the weirder fics out there, even the tentacle and gun!kink fics.

But then, I come across a female character with a predominant role and pfffftt. My interest just fizzles out.

It's sad really.

I was 17 chapters in a well-written HP crossover fic, and the author introduced a female character. Three lines later I gave the story up, because it just mad me feel uneasy, like something very terrible had happened. (A la 'invasion of the Fanfic-Authors'-Snatchers', which are like body-snatchers, only they dissolve your mind and take over from there.)

Shi-koi

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 pm
Ah! My comrades! Funny how I've no problem with Dumbledore transforming into the giant squid to participate in water sports with Harry/Draco, but het in a slash fic makes me throw up a little burning_eyes . I can read it, but only when there's NO SLASH within...I mean NONE (Draco Trilogy being top of the list) The few times I've read het in slash, it was implied and not written out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:50 pm
I won't even READ a fic if there's het in it.

I TRIED I REALLY DID.

This 100 chapter-long fic that was supposed to be Harry/Draco had veryveryvery explicit Harry/Ginny sex scenes. I'm like EW. They said in the summary that it would EVENTUALLY be HD, but there's just a point where the het is just too much for my mind.  

Drakie Cakie

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:05 pm
Since SiriusRemus is my fave ship I absolutely cannot stand when either of them are with girls, but in general het doesn't bother me, even in a slash fic. Actually, my fave fics usually have SiriusRemus and JamesLily.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff