Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Music Discussion
MCR, anyone? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MCR:
  Rocks!
  Sucks!
View Results

II Bernard II

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:57 am
Rellik San
10 scientific reasons why MCR suck

1. Gerard can't sing
2. They can't write
3. They have to steal other bands sounds
4. Gerard is a certified tosser... I know I've met him
5. They can't play
6. They have all the style of a Mexican hooker
7. They are all unattractive
8. They have the charisma of a baseball bat to the head
9. They sold out faster then Metallica... and thats pretty damn fast
10. They are the only band in the world, where those that laud them have yet to fully emerge from puberty.

10 unscientific reasons why MCR doesen't suck

1.Gerard can sing
2.They can write
3.They like to listen to music other than theirs
4.According to Microsoft Word 2007 "tosser" isn't even a word.
5.They can play
6.There are people in Mexico that love them too.
7.Ther're flippin' sweet
8.Charisma is Frankie's middle name.
9.They're not sold out...contrary to hater belief
10.My mom's 61 has far past emerged from puberty and loves them as much as me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:01 am
eri x core
Yeah, they are pretty unattractive.
Only losers would want to have sex with them.(probably just because they are popular)

no i don't want to have sex with any of them and only a lopsided lama that has been beaten repeatedly with a baseball bat would think that everyone that likes them wants to do them or are teenies.  

II Bernard II

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:56 pm
benjinoel
eri x core
Yeah, they are pretty unattractive.
Only losers would want to have sex with them.(probably just because they are popular)

no i don't want to have sex with any of them and only a lopsided lama that has been beaten repeatedly with a baseball bat would think that everyone that likes them wants to do them or are teenies.
llama, and don't call her that  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:15 pm
Wow. That was lame.
Sov you should warn him just cuz thats lame.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:45 pm
benjinoel

Its an English slang term for someone who regularly engages in masturbatory behavior.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:57 pm
Rellik San
benjinoel

Its an English slang term for someone who regularly engages in masturbatory behavior.

Actually in America (maybe other places too) "tosser" can be slang for the slang term "salad tosser"

Erin Dictionary Vol 2.0:
"Tosser": Noun, Kid who licks bung holes and likes it. Usually the "tosser" is homosexual.  

Eri Luvs You
Crew

Gai4_hacks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:35 pm
I only like their song "Teenagers."
It relates to the kids at my school very well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:42 pm
benjinoel
Rellik San
10 scientific reasons why MCR suck

1. Gerard can't sing
2. They can't write
3. They have to steal other bands sounds
4. Gerard is a certified tosser... I know I've met him
5. They can't play
6. They have all the style of a Mexican hooker
7. They are all unattractive
8. They have the charisma of a baseball bat to the head
9. They sold out faster then Metallica... and thats pretty damn fast
10. They are the only band in the world, where those that laud them have yet to fully emerge from puberty.

10 unscientific reasons why MCR doesen't suck

1.Gerard can sing
2.They can write
3.They like to listen to music other than theirs
5.They can play
6.There are people in Mexico that love them too.
7.Ther're flippin' sweet
8.Charisma is Frankie's middle name.
10.My mom's 61 has far past emerged from puberty and loves them as much as me.

Well shes probably senile so her opinion doesn't matter.  

DaisukeOrDark

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:16 am
benjinoel

Any band, that prints more then T-Shirts, hoodies, posters and caps unless they have been around for more then 15 years, is a sell out. Scientific fact.

Case study - Iron Maiden, all non-printed merchandise (watches, figures etc.) is of limited availability and is often to celebrate a major anniversary of the band.

Case study - The Ramones, the only merchandise produced that isn't clothing or a poster, is a Joey Ramone action figure to commemorate his death.

Case study - Kiss, a band that prides themselves on selling an idea of shock, hence the figures, comics, countless cameos, they are an example of how to sell out but keep in control creatively.

Case study - MCR, Gerard is using the bands name to push forward his comic career (which by the way, his art is mediocre, its like a 5 year old trying to imitate Nigel Kitching), they have figures, watches, cups, etc. and the band is less then 10 years old. They have lost any sense of rebellion or energy, since selling out, making the argument, they no longer have creative control.

I think I made my point. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:37 pm
could someone just kindly remind me why we're arguing?? if u don't like mcr that's your choice.  

II Bernard II

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:12 am
benjinoel
could someone just kindly remind me why we're arguing?? if u don't like mcr that's your choice.

Its not arguing, because we haven't insulted each other. We're actually debating the mass appeal of a band, that has the music community on a whole divided into 'love 'em' or 'hate 'em' groups. Your putting forward the idea they are popular because of musical prowess and charisma, I'm putting forward the idea that they are popular, because they are selling a particular type of image and style to the youth of today.

What we're having, in albeit a kind of childish way, is a proper, intelligent debate, on a subject as vacuous as a popular band. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:46 pm
Rellik San
benjinoel

Its not arguing, because we haven't insulted each other. We're actually debating the mass appeal of a band, that has the music community on a whole divided into 'love 'em' or 'hate 'em' groups. Your putting forward the idea they are popular because of musical prowess and charisma, I'm putting forward the idea that they are popular, because they are selling a particular type of image and style to the youth of today.

What we're having, in albeit a kind of childish way, is a proper, intelligent debate, on a subject as vacuous as a popular band. smile

question question ...as i'd tell seniore..."if you say so."...i did feel bad for being called a teenie...i like other bands ya know...and no i don't think gerard is hott. my hero-yes-...hott...no. and the one remark something about everybody wanting to do them....was just mean. or that's what i thought anyway.  

II Bernard II

Rellik Chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:52 pm
benjinoel
Rellik San
benjinoel

question question ...as i'd tell seniore..."if you say so."...i did feel bad for being called a teenie...i like other bands ya know...and no i don't think gerard is hott. my hero-yes-...hott...no. and the one remark something about everybody wanting to do them....was just mean. or that's what i thought anyway.

Teenie - Ok that can come across as a little condescending, but was used to further a point. You can't against the fact, that a large, somewhere between 85% - 90% of their fans are what would normally be considered teenie boppers (man thats an archaic term).

I Never said you don't like other bands.

As for everyone wanting to do them because they are 'hot' again that comes down to 85% - 90% of their fans being like that, its based on a generalisation, a very very accurate one, but still generalisation.

As for Gerard being your hero, I just personally don't see why? He's arrogant, self absorbed and has little to no originality.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:53 am
User Image

I rest my case. smile  

Rellik Chan
Vice Captain

Eri Luvs You
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:30 am
Rellik Chan
User Image

I rest my case. smile

I loled.
I still have stitches in my mouth from my surgery and laughing made me hurt.
But it was worth it.  
Music Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces