Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darth603

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:57 pm
Frogr1701
scream Curse those Havoc Launchers!

That Dreadnaught all in all looks like a formidable opponent. Certainly worthy of single combat. Or at least some kind of duel. xd I like it!
My old army had a half- dozen of the things, and they weren't ever any good. I don't remember killing anything with them. *kicks the twisted reck of a Havoc Launcher*  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:03 pm
darth603
Frogr1701

That Dreadnaught all in all looks like a formidable opponent. Certainly worthy of single combat. Or at least some kind of duel. xd I like it!
My old army had a half- dozen of the things, and they weren't ever any good. I don't remember killing anything with them. *kicks the twisted reck of a Havoc Launcher*

I find havocs to be really useless. I'd rather spend the points into someting else.  

Daemonmaster

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:04 pm
darth603
Frogr1701

At the very least you give your Rhinos one more point on the intimidation factor. They do make commanders raise eyebrows. Especially those with "fleshy armies" like my Imperial Guard army. Those things hurt. It's cheap and it makes the Rhino a little more useful than just a transport.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:05 pm
Defilers with Havoc Launchers are fun too.  

Tojju

Michael Archangel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:45 pm
User Image

User Image

User Image

this is a converted mortis dreadnought i did a while back

instead of going to forgeworld to get one i decided to make my own. the las cannons come from space marine razorback turrets, and i decorated it with dark angel iconogrophy. i also decided to use the old metal dreadnought as the body so i can use the old metal dark angel dreadnought sarcophagus and standard..the sheilds at each side come from the sheilds off a land raider crusader, with a sword drawn in to make it look like the dark angel symbol.

the picture of the angel with the scythe though, i found on the net... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:50 pm
Now that's cool.  

Tojju

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:15 am
Does anybody have any suggestions when it comes to converting an Emporer's Champion into a Grey Knight Justicar? I've just gotten into 40k, and have ordered both model (plus the paint colors I want) and any help/suggestions would be helpful. For Example, should I take the storm bolter off of the Justicar and put it on the Champion, or build a new one out of Green Stuff? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:22 am
Bah. Take the old one. It's easier.  

Tojju

Frogr1701

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:25 pm
Grey Knight Justicar out of an Emperor's Champion: quite an ambition you have there!

Oh boy that would be hard, the Champion's armor is not as decorated as a Grey Knight's Aegis suit but not to say that it isn't possible to fix him up. Sawing off a gauntlet mounted storm bolter is a perfect option to put on the Champion's left arm as it is perfectly ready to accept one, but don't try to green stuff something like that just yet.

Simulating the craft of the Aegis suit would be a very daunting one indeed. I will offer some suggestions: Grey Knights have runic inscriptions in their armor, doesn't mean the Champion necessarily has to have them as well, you can simply paint them in. The right shoulderpad you may want to consider sawing off the Champion's left arm and replacing it with a Grey Knight left arm because of the Aegis suit's book that is strapped to their pads, which would also solve your gauntlet mounted storm bolter problem as well. The small little book on the chest you may just want to remove the Champion's terminator honors and mould green stuff to make it look like a small tome with a sword through it. No he doesn't have to be lavished with purity seals. And his sword that he comes with makes the perfect Nemesis Force weapon.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:49 pm
Whats a havoc launcher? sweatdrop  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Tojju

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:02 pm
It's an upgrade for Chaos vehicles.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:02 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine
It's an upgrade for Chaos vehicles.
i see. Like Hunter-killer missiles?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Tojju

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:04 pm
I tink so...I dunno the rules for them at the moment. I don't have the Chaos codex memorized as well as I do the Eldar codex yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:05 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine
I tink so...I dunno the rules for them at the moment. I don't have the Chaos codex memorized as well as I do the Eldar codex yet.
i dont even have the chaos one...  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Tojju

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:06 pm
I don't either. I have most codexs memorized by heart. I only have the Eldar one. xd  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff