Reply Fantasy Books Guild
What type of magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayla Skye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:32 am
I think I would have to go with Sorceress magic. Although fire seems to be the strongest element. I love the raw power of fire.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:46 pm
If anyone's ever read Raven's Strike or Raven's Shadow, I'd love to have the Guardian's power (the ability to control temp in a area & shape-shift, amoung other things). It'd be like being a shape-shifting assassin.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

elmon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:16 pm
Fire magic, definately. I would hurl fireballs, blast away my foes with waves of flames and of course heal myself using the flame of life.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:27 pm
Maze353
If anyone's ever read Raven's Strike or Raven's Shadow, I'd love to have the Guardian's power (the ability to control temp in a area & shape-shift, amoung other things). It'd be like being a shape-shifting assassin.

That would be cool, actually. Although I'd prefer to be a Cormorant, or a Raven. Straight-up magic and weather magic are more my thing, and having people constantly afraid of me wouldn't be much fun. Being a Peregrine would be cool, too. Tracking would be a big plus.  

NightIntent
Captain

Harbone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:40 am
I've been thinking lately it might be fun to affect inanimate objects but not live ones. Like, the ability to bring inanimate objects to life and maybe shrink them or enlarge them at will - or give them nifty powers, like creating flying carpets or dancing swords.

I don't know what type of magic that would be called - some sort of practical animism, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:48 pm
Flux_o_color
I'm reading a book now(Treason's Keep-Jennifer Fallon) and the main character draws her magic through the primal gods, God of war, god of thieves, god of love, ect. I think that it would be neat, only you would have to be on the gods good side. I think i would want elemental magic. Mother Nature is quite amazing...... wink

I love those books! I've read the whole series! and I agree on it being the best magic.
For those who don't know it comes from within but you can draw on more of the power if you have a good linage.  

Jesm

6,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

juicybabe345

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:21 pm
i'm not sure.... it is true the magic varies in every book... i think i would want the kind of magic where you have to have at least some magic blood in you in order to do the magic... i don't know just what i think...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:33 pm
i'm not sure what i would do. i think i would be an ambient sorcerous - never heard of that but i think it sounds cool. and i also think my power would either be fire becuase i have the worst temper in the world or ice because my glare practically freezes people. either that or i would be a wild mage like Daine in the Immortals series.  

scarlett enchantress

Twilights_dawn13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm
I would say elemental magic because it balances the world, no one element is stronger then all of the others.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:32 am
I would love to have elemental magic! Mostly air, but after I saw the movie Firestarter 2, I really wanted to be able to use fire... heart  

Sol_Angelica

janegreenajah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:00 pm
I love the whole Elemental power. I would choose Fire as my element. I like to be able to blow up things with fire, or make a light in the darkness. Make fire to cover my escape. Yeah definitally Fire magic.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:04 am
Definitely weather/elemental magic. I'd like the Tris-style weather magic with the raw power of nature. Oh, and is sarcasm a power? Because it should be.  

ckmidnight

godhi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:09 am
I like the magical system used in the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, especially the magic used by wizards. Not only does Pratchett use one of the most logical systems I've ever read in a fantasy novel, but the price you pay for the power balances everything out. A master wizard might indeed be able to blow things up with a fusillade of fireballs, but life as a wizard has made him ill-equipped to deal with mundane society--and since the thermal energy for those fireballs has to come from somewhere, the poor wizard had better be careful or he'll freeze himself solid!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:24 pm
Actually i am studing wichcraft and Magic is practical, really. It is elemental(Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and of course sun)but also there are many other things that go along with that such as direction(north, south, east, and west)and the moon phases! All of these have a role in rituals wether it be healing, or beauty rituals. Colors such as earthy green also have effects! I would have to say that the closest type of magic I have read is the Iherintance Trilogy  

perpetual_insanity_1213

soupyeh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:21 pm
I think i would like the power that Liral has in Garth Nix's book Abhorsen. Or green magic. Or shape shifting. But i love the intresting powers in the Abhorsen Trilogy.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff