Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
~The Labels Sticky~ [Under Construction] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ametrin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:42 am
Mmm why is there the "wearing dark but warm colors" ??
Of course black is the most typical colour (which is dark but not warm) but I think there are many other colours that can fit well... purples, blues, and dark shades of any colour actually, and there can be even white and some other brighter colours, specially in combinations with the darker ones...  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:56 pm
Luz Melian
Of course black is the most typical colour (which is dark but not warm) but I think there are many other colours that can fit well... purples, blues, and dark shades of any colour actually, and there can be even white and some other brighter colours, specially in combinations with the darker ones...

What's the phrase...

Facepalm.  

GilAskan
Crew

Ametrin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:43 am
GilAskan
Luz Melian

What's the phrase...

Facepalm.

eh? @__@
What I'm saying is that I can't see why "warm colors" would be any more specific for goths than "not warm colors". If there's a need to talk about colors in that list I would say simply just dark colors.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:33 pm
19 out of 22. But even still, I don't really like the whole "label."  

nautilus pilot

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:12 pm
Quote:
it must first be established that there is no "exact" definition for "what a goth is".
gonk no it's just an exact genre of music  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:09 pm
nautilus pilot

For the thousandth time-

It's NOT A CHECKLIST. It's not a list of requirements, or something to measure yourself up to. It's a list of commonly occurring traits amongst goths, not a description of what a goth "is".  

GilAskan
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:45 pm
GilAskan
nautilus pilot

For the thousandth time-

It's NOT A CHECKLIST. It's not a list of requirements, or something to measure yourself up to. It's a list of commonly occurring traits amongst goths, not a description of what a goth "is".
Put that in the first post in large, red letters. Then put it at the bottom of the same post in the same large red letters. Or just scream your cyber lungs out at people every other day who say "6/22 what the hell, im so goff!". Alternativley, I could scream for you. Caution; heavy profanity may be used.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:41 pm
I consider myself a goth. That's a lot to read. I tried to read it all, but i gave up I don't have enough pacients. Sorry..... About half of that list is how i consider myself a goth  

Egyp Cat Goddess

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:36 pm
GilAskan
nautilus pilot

For the thousandth time-

I find myself wondering, if maybe their just doing it to agitate you now? D:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:49 pm
Blackrose Kaire
wondering, if maybe their just doing it to agitate you now? D:

i does all thoes things...i;m ttly goth!!!!

*cough*
I've learned to avoid lists.
They always seem like they'd be easy for everyone to understand, untill people start posting. Summaries are where it's at. People still wouln't read them, but they have to try a little harder to miss the point.

I think my point is that the list may need to be retired. It looks like it's not doing anything, except raising GilAskan's blood pressure.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

GhoulPuppy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 pm
Well...no disrespect here, but anytime you post a list of this nature, people are going to automatically compare themselves to it. Then they'll want other's to know their findings. Its just human nature. Slightly annoying? Yes, but well....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:57 pm
I feel bad for him.
Though this is amusing.
^.^
Im a good boy though I read the whole thing both of them.
And I know better then to compare. He makes a good point and so do you saphiraJade  

Crazy_Vamp666

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 am
Note: Crazy_Vamp666... must say, I love the siggy ^^ very random.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 am
Oh, as for myself... I am more elegant gothic lolita, and at times dress in the gothic aristocrat style. However, over all, I am basically visual kei.  

Angel of the End

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces