Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_xxchrissiexx_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:36 pm
King Henry
It's this thing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When I was growing up, my Grandma and Mom would buy it, cut it open, and eat it with me. No one else in my family would eat it because they say it stinks. In fact, my uncle would not let us eat one in his house blaugh

Last night, on the Tonight Show With Jay Leno, one of Jay's guests had traveled around the world and had eaten lots of local foods and he said he could not eat the durian because it smells like feet and has the texture of rotting onions.

I don't think it tastes bad at all. I like it fresh (it's creamy) or frozen. The smell doesn't bother me, maybe I'm used to it. Once, however, my Mom brought home some durian ice cream and I tried to make a float with it. I made some, put it into a cup with a lid, and stored it in the refrigerator. Two hours later, I came back and opened it up. It smelled so bad xd It took us two weeks to get rid of the smell from the cup. I think it stank (or stunk?) because the cup was not properly ventilated.

Have you ever eaten a durian?

Omg, Durians are the best things ever. But of course my sister and my dad both think it stinks and its wierd. Buuuttt, I love it. <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:38 pm
durian info:

Quote:
The durian (IPA: [duɾiɑn]) is the fruit of trees of the genus Durio belonging to the Malvaceae, a large family which includes hibiscus, okra and cotton. Widely known and revered in Southeast Asia as the "King of Fruits",[1] the fruit is distinctive for its large size, unique odour, and a formidable thorn-covered husk. Its name comes from the Malay word duri (thorn) together with Malay suffix that is -an (for building a noun in Malay), meaning "thorny fruit".[2][3]

There are 30 recognised Durio species, all native to Southeast Asia and at least nine of which produce edible fruit.[4] Durio zibethinus is the only species available in the international market; other species are sold in their local region.

The fruit can grow up to 30 centimetres (12 in) long and 15 centimetres (6 in) in diameter,[5][6] and typically weighs one to three kilograms (2 to 7 lbs).[5] Its shape ranges from oblong to round, the colour of its husk green to brown and its flesh pale-yellow to red, depending on species.[5] The hard outer husk is covered with sharp, prickly thorns, while the edible custard-like flesh within emits the strong, distinctive odour, which is regarded as either fragrant or overpowering and offensive. The taste of the flesh has been described as nutty and sweet.

shinnoir

ixolite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:36 pm
I possibly could love it too much. Yum!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:54 pm
I really couldn't stand the smell when family members were cutting it open when I was on vacation so.. I went inside hah.
The candies are okay though.

Long gone bye

makarian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:12 am
i ate it once. it was good. but i really hated the smell hehhe. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:55 pm
User Image

heart I LOVE DURIAN! <333 Durian candy is the best. nyahahah heart

I am currently questing for a PIXIE.
Donate? :]
10k/23k

trishagurl

FaireOfVanity

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:56 am
It tasted okay, but the smell was horrible.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:14 pm
nope! but I want to! crying  

MeltingMilkBottle

Agile Browser

BeyondRedemption328

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:27 pm
tastes so weird to me  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:04 pm
I don't like it... there are durian candy bars... O.o  

Saieko

azngurlmuimui

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:01 pm
dear lord does that fruit smell!!!!!! I would like it if it didn't make the whole place stink >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:39 am
Omg, it smells so bad.

My grandpa bought it once...I never went into the kitchen again until the thing went away.

[~Panda.DJ]

asiannerd27

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:06 am
i never ate it cuz my mom wont buy it cuz she said it stinks really bad  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:18 am
Durian tastes awesome. I don't mind the smell but people tell me my breath smells afterwards, but I'd still eat it anyways. sweatdrop  

Dive Into Yourself

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:55 pm
azngurlmuimui
dear lord does that fruit smell!!!!!! I would like it if it didn't make the whole place stink >.<

AsianGirl
Asian Pride Guild Rules

Tsuki Miyamoto
Well...I felt we should have a few rules to set down for the Guild, being we now need a blacklist and things ;-;.

3. Do not create repeat topics/revive threads. We don't need 32452515211 topics on the same thing. And also, do not revive threads that are over two months old and are inactive.

Edit by Pagtatapat01: Adding to #3, topics cannot be revived if it has remained idle for more than two months.

[LOCKED]  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces