Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
The School Codes Are Rediculous. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:57 am
I find it pathetic that teachers have nothing better to do then get students on trouble just for being original. Luckily at my school they actually like it when we do stuff like that. We even have a Senior Superlative of Decidly Different. (You know, those categories you're classmates vote you as at the end of school, like "Most likely to suceed") I won Decidely Different. ^_^ By a landslide too. The most I've ever gotten in trouble for was this necklace I had that was basically a cross with a dagger on it. It wasn't a real dagger, heck it even bent easily when I leaned on it this one time. The teachers didn't like it so I couldn't wear it to school anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:39 pm
Unfortunately in my school we wear uniforms and there are alot of school dress codes (e.g. no nail polish, no make up, only wear white socks etc) even if we dress casual there are dress codes too evil  

Sautana

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:29 pm
My school's dress code is fairly lax, though I rarely - if ever - dress in gothic fashion (mostly due to the heat... and even if I can tolerate it, I would likely look suspicious in my black leather jacket when it's this hot).  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:04 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Oh, Yea, And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.

Thats just fed up. Well that happed to some people on prom day. If you were gay or lesbian and you brought your significant other yo had to go to conuseling for a week. I just told them to go F off. But yhea...I got written up for my glases once it was majorly sunny out and I sat by the window and my glasses change into sunglasses the teacher told me to take off my sunglasses. I told her these are my glasses and I need them to see.(I'm blind without my glases.) So she wrote me up for it I tryed telling the pricapal but he didn't do anything. And I have the shirt that said "I'm dam with names can I call you Dumb@$$ I got written up for that. I said no it doesn't say a** it saus @$$ But still my school sucks. But ow well I still wear what I want no matter what anyone says.  

Kahroo

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:56 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Oh, and I was also written up for my shirt. One day I came to school and had a shirt that had a pattern on it that looked like a corset. It wasn't an actual corset, just a image of one to look like one. But they made me go to the office and get a new shirt because it was "Encouraging sexual behavior". Look, We're in highschool. Sometime in highschool you're going to get ******** and there's nothing you can stop or encourage that.

Also, My friend had to get his jacket taken away because it said "My chemical romance" (the band) and they said that it "Encourages drugs and suicidal" I was bewildered with that one, but yea. My school is Lame.

Oh, Yea, And if the school finds out that you're a lesbian or bi, you get called to the office for counseling for a whole week, on trying to turn you strait.
Holy crap! My school tried to turn me straight too!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:02 pm
At my old school we weren't allowed to wear makeup or nail polish, we couldn't dye our hair, we could only have one hole in our ears, we couldn't have anything else pierced, we couldn't wear any jewelry, we could only wear navy blue socks, we had to button our collars up to our ******** ears, our shirt always had to be tucked in and our skirts always had to be below or just at our knees.
It was totally retarded and I broke every single one of the rules. Not just to have something to do, but because the rules made no sense and I needed something to set me apart from everyone else.
Apparently Jesus doesn't want us to express our individuality...  

Corpse_Bride_131

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:15 pm
Alright, starting school soon, and I just got a big Alien Sex Fiend patch I plan on safety pinning/sewing to something.
It's just a normal public high school, but do you think I'll get bullshit about it?
I've seen people with 'c**t 45' shirts and stuff, but I'm not so sure as to how they will react to something like Alien Sex Fiend or Sex Gang Children [which I have a pin of].
If it's going to cause something, I'd rather avoid it all together.
So, have you guys ever had any trouble with band patches?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:20 am
Kittay J0
Alright, starting school soon, and I just got a big Alien Sex Fiend patch I plan on safety pinning/sewing to something.
It's just a normal public high school, but do you think I'll get bullshit about it?
I've seen people with 'c**t 45' shirts and stuff, but I'm not so sure as to how they will react to something like Alien Sex Fiend or Sex Gang Children [which I have a pin of].
If it's going to cause something, I'd rather avoid it all together.
So, have you guys ever had any trouble with band patches?
confused  

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

WeissVicious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:51 am
school administrators are just bitter people, what can you expect? I never had problems with my school but one time where this teacher took my JTHM book (it was sitting on top of my backpack) and took it to the principal. Naturally I was called down, I was flustered at first because I thought someone stole my book, more flustered that TEACHER took it. Never had problems with my principal until I found him in his office reading it and then he got up with a red face and asked thunderously "IS THIS YOUR VIOLANT BOOK!?" I knew he couldn't do anything to me so I said "YEAH it is" I scowled at him at first then my savior councilor came in and said "him and his girlfriend just broke up today so they were exchanging their belongings back to eachother, he normally doesn't bring in these things to school" and her time was impecable, I thought I was gonna get suspended for no reason. He grunted and looked at the book and handed it back to me and said "Well, I see no problem here then...I guess" then I stormed out and thanked my councilor. Then I went to class. I just hate it when people like the school admins take things waaaay too seriously and resort to calling the FBI and s**t. but this was after the VT shootings so they were a bit skeptical I assumed.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:37 pm
Our school dress code plainly says "Nothing to attract attention to one's self."

Tripp pants are alright, depending on the teacher you might get s**t for the chains as well. No dog collars, but I wear one anyway and no one makes an issue. Corsets and such they don't mind unless you have a massive amount of cleavage showing, and hair color/style they don't really do anything about. I beleive my ex was scolded for his mohawk at one point though. The only thing that gets me is that we aren't allowed to wear spikey jewelry, even if harmless. I do anyway and no one really bothers me about it. The most i've gotten is for a Friday the thirteenth, I did heavy eyeliner with runs down my cheeks, black lipstick, and stitch lines over my lips. They tried to make me wash it off, but my skin is sensitive to most soaps so they couldn't do anything about it. They don't mind heavy eyeliner or black lipstick though. My friend was called to the office the same day for wearing a shirt with a rather feminine mouth with bloody fangs that said bite me. They don't say anything about peircings either, no matter where. I have a nose ring, my ex and others have liprings, and many have multiple ear piercings- some even gaged. They will say something however if your a** is hanging out of your skirt or your tits are falling out of your top. We can't wear spaghetti strapped tops either, unless we have a jacket over them. I've worn gay pride wristbands and my friend made and carried a rainbow purse that had "Bi Pride" Sewn on it in big letters.

As for sexual orientation, it is illegal for them to descriminate against such things, as far as I know anyway. If anyone is feeling threatened or harrased by the school system this way, you can have the law involved. Our school knows better, but some of the teachers will give you funny looks.

I guess my school is actually somewhat leaniant. Or lazy. Or, more likely, they don't want to stain their "perfect record" with having to report such things, so they look the other way.

Satan on Speed

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:39 pm
I got sent to the office for my fave red jacket that my teacher claimed was a coat just cause it went to my knees. it was my last hour of the day and I had a black tank top on underneath. I almost didn't do it, but decided to just go. the principal just sent me back to class  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:30 pm
wow thats retarded.
be grateful u dont go to a private catholic school hun.
uniforms, no makeup, no colored nails, and rock music is forbidden, but we rebel anyways with the music...
just be happy you dont have to wear plaid skirts that give you wedgies
we can only have our lobes pierced but a couple of 8th graders have their bellybuttons pierced. but the thing that bothers me is like we can talk about rock music, but the school just simply hates it. apparently we're supposed to like spiritual songs sung by a guy with no life because they're oh so "inspiring." like what i listen to is better then the crap about making love to some girl on a stripper pole, which the preps and the "populars" listen to. oh, and we can dye our hair, it just has to look natural. my mom wont let me dye mine, so im not sure if we can have black.... idk our school just seems to favor the little goody goods that are covered in abercrombie, juicy, and all that other s**t  

ii-See-Stars-x

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:40 pm
Roxi780
wow thats retarded.
be grateful u dont go to a private catholic school hun.
uniforms, no makeup, no colored nails, and rock music is forbidden, but we rebel anyways with the music...
just be happy you dont have to wear plaid skirts that give you wedgies
we can only have our lobes pierced but a couple of 8th graders have their bellybuttons pierced. but the thing that bothers me is like we can talk about rock music, but the school just simply hates it. apparently we're supposed to like spiritual songs sung by a guy with no life because they're oh so "inspiring." like what i listen to is better then the crap about making love to some girl on a stripper pole, which the preps and the "populars" listen to. oh, and we can dye our hair, it just has to look natural. my mom wont let me dye mine, so im not sure if we can have black.... idk our school just seems to favor the little goody goods that are covered in abercrombie, juicy, and all that other s**t

I used to go to a private catholic school. I was 8 and I threw a fit in the principal's office when the teacher tried to take away my Harry Potter book  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:05 pm
Teachers and administrators aren't bitter. Some maybe, but not all. In general teachers, etc are looking out for the well being of their students. True, they do go overboard sometimes. They mean well, generally.  

Autumn Caledonia

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces