Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Nuri's Q&A topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:59 am
Haha, It's a lucky coincidence that I was reading This page when I clicked this thread.

Burning the offerings might me a problem for me >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:36 pm
patch99329
Haha, It's a lucky coincidence that I was reading This page when I clicked this thread.

Burning the offerings might me a problem for me >.<
Same here. I might be able to use my dad's grill. I would love to buy myself a little personal grill just for stuff like this. They have them for ten or twenty dollors at my local Wal-Mart.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:38 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Ok, I'm trying to peice together Diasia and I'm not having much luck. Um. I need some help sweatdrop xd

Burnt whole victimless offerings (produce/grains) to the Kindly Zeus, a household sort of zeus in a chthonic form.
So throw animal crackers or the like in to a fire?

sounds workable to me.
I'm trying to figure it out too..I have an electric stove!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:44 pm
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Ok, I'm trying to peice together Diasia and I'm not having much luck. Um. I need some help sweatdrop xd

Burnt whole victimless offerings (produce/grains) to the Kindly Zeus, a household sort of zeus in a chthonic form.

sounds workable to me.
You think there is any other meat appropiate besides sheep, goat or lamb meat? I don't have access to any of them. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:49 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman

sounds workable to me.
You think there is any other meat appropiate besides sheep, goat or lamb meat? I don't have access to any of them. xd

See, my other sources are telling me this was a more meatless festival. Don't worry about it, a lot of these things are geared towards group. Distill to the basics!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:53 pm
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman

sounds workable to me.

See, my other sources are telling me this was a more meatless festival. Don't worry about it, a lot of these things are geared towards group. Distill to the basics!
Oh good, I'll just stick to whatever else I can come up with.

*EDIT* I just remembered we have cookie cutters in the shape of animals (a turkey at least). I can make cookies. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:50 am
I'm using these cookies we have that are shaped like lions and hippos and things xD
I have a snake to put on my altar! It's an intricately painted wooden one. And..I'm tracking down a blanketxD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 pm
patch99329
I'm using these cookies we have that are shaped like lions and hippos and things xD
I have a snake to put on my altar! It's an intricately painted wooden one. And..I'm tracking down a blanketxD

I have a real snake, but I don't think Aida will stay on my altar for me. I'm sure I have a plushie that'll work in my room somewhere. As for the blanket, I'll have to do without, we don't have anything wool in the apartment.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:15 pm
You know what happens when I put off doing anything? Something comes up at the last minute. At least this time, it has to do with hospitality. Instead of giving an offering, I hurriedly cleaned for my husbands parents, so that they can rest here for a few hours, unexpectedly.

Here's to the Kindly Zeus!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:19 am
I put my celebrations off a day. I'm celebrating Diasia oday instead! I have all day then ^_^  

patch99329

Tagra Nar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:34 am
Hi, I'm gonna ramble!

I've always loved mythology, ever since I was young (I can remember checking out a book of Norse mythology and feeling awed at Odin giving up an eye), but my first real brush with Hellenic paganism would have been while reading The Odyssey in high school. As fluffy as this will sound, Athene stuck out at me, and I began thinking about Her during the schoolday and when stuff like tests would come up. There was a bit of a lapse after that, where I went about looking into Buddhism and my own philosophies, but the "pull" never really left me.

Thanks to Nuri, I've gone down this path. It's been fraught with stumbling and clumsiness. I still feel pulled towards Athene, yet am not sure that I've truly dedicated myself to Her or been accepted. And lately, I feel as though I've been dipping into kinda woogy territory, as my interest in Prometheus has been growing (due mostly to his being rather helpful to mankind in the myths I've read, and it strikes me as odd that he wasn't worshipped more often). I've checked theoi.com and found little snippets about his cult worship, but not enough to construct anything I think. Not to mention I get a bit of an apprehensive feeling when I ponder this. I'm not sure whether it's just me being paranoid (as Nuri can attest to my being so many times) or if it's a bit of nudging, like a "No, that's not a great idea."

Thoughts on the worship of Titans? Info on their cults? Your two cents?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:23 pm
This whole thread has been the most interesting I have seen yet!! ^_^ And its a very cute idea to make cookies!!! I like that idea. 3nodding I have a question....Its kinda dumb, but....Does Paganism consist of any spells? Like love magic? If so, can I have a resource linky? Or.... sweatdrop I'm so new to this...xD And I really have been interested in Aphrodite!! Can I feel free to worship more than one God and one Goddess? Because I believe in quite a lot....  

MagickSlushii

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:58 pm
Let's start with the questions, in nuri's breezy but "Gods, I can't even schedule a fricken festival in my life" right now sort of way:
Quote:

Does Paganism consist of any spells?

Some varients, yes. Pagan witchcraft, certainly.
Quote:

Like love magic?

Again with the some. The Ethics can be tricky.
Quote:

If so, can I have a resource linky?

Got none, sorry. Take it to the main forum. I'm sure you'd get some...interesting responses.
Quote:

And I really have been interested in Aphrodite!! Can I feel free to worship more than one God and one Goddess?

Of course -- after all, Paganism goes well beyond "Wicca 101" books. I worship lots.
Here's theoi's page on Aphrodite: http://theoi.com/Olympios/Aphrodite.html  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:05 am
I find it very funny that there is a festival of Artemis on April 11th, which happens to by my birthday. Oh, and I found some intresting stuff on a site called manybooks.net. Free ebooks. Found a couple of intrest in the religious and myth sections.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Calixti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 am
Question--while I'm home for the summer I have access to a library and multiple bookstores, time to read, and space for books. Are there any specific books you'd recommend for a historical perspective as opposed to a mythological one? Or recommendations for books with modern interpretations?  
PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff