Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
'Sorry it's not really hawt'. Rape in fanfiction. Not rant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ichikage Kira

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 pm
Well, it adds a little more excitement, but you have a point. It's illogical for a rape-i to "fall in love" with the rapist. I have heard one of my friends say, "Pain is pleasure," but then again she is very off.......
I don't read many fanfics, but some of the ones I've heard (mostly written by that one chik) are downright dirty. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:46 pm
-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-
- If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why?

Rape fanfiction just makes me uncomfortable. Even if I start to enjoy a fanfiction, I don't like the whole "Well, it's okay that he raped me, because I know I liked it" charade. If rape is going to be in a fanfic, it should be portrayed in a realistic sense, not a way to go straight to buttsecks.
Although I think it should be pointed out that there is a real condition known as Stockholm syndrome where a victim falls for his/her victimizer. I just don't enjoy rape as a plot device unless it really is central to how the character acts, and not just a sex/angst thing.

- Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?

It's sado-masochism, in a sense. I enjoy reading S&M, but that's between two willing parties, not some jackass and the poor guy he chooses to rape.

- Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.

I don't read very much fluff anymore...but that's prolly because I've been reading so many psychological fics now. -__-

Stockholm syndrome? xD
Wow,they have a "syndrome" for almost everything now stare
I love eating cereal,maybe one day they'll start calling it "eatus-mo-wheatus" syndrome lol

This is why i hate shrinks,they like to lable people.
Ive never been to one myself,but my mum has ran into a lot of this when she was studying psychology.

Also when my friend went to visit one,she was less than impressed.

Enzai Sebby3

User_2629207

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:58 am
kittycatneko3

Stockholm syndrome? xD
Wow,they have a "syndrome" for almost everything now stare
Rulin' ya universes...

The origin of the Stockholm Syndrome was pretty serious... it's not something that was made up by psychologists, it's based on an actual event where a group of hostages befriended their captors during a bank robbery in Stockholm.
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:35 pm
- If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why? - I like when it goes with the plot, like if the traumatic event was needed, and its not like "OMG RAPIST LETS DO ITZ AGAIN" and its more like *grabs razor blade* or something

Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?
its the whole idea of the submissive being dominated and liking it, I dont think its all to do with the pain, plus the sounds they make when in pain are pretty nice

- Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.[/color]Oh uhm, Mary-sues, plots that are completely stupid, family-cest, if they do incest right I dont have to much of an issue with it, and Beastiality haha, dont enjoy that one  

[`Novacaine]

Devout Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Edward 100

YayAuLait

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:33 pm
I like rape, but I like to talk about stuff like this 8D
*is kicked in the shin :[*

I like rape! :0 Well, not in real life, but in yaoi manga/yaoi fanfictions.. I just.. find it really.. good..? XD Not sure how to explain, maybe it's just my strange tastes. D:
- Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?
I think it's all in the 'sadist/masochist' thing. e_e;; You know, theres tentacle and theres vore and S/M... People just have different tastes in what they want 8D;; I find S/M.. hot.. XD;; Maybe I just like the idea of BDSM D: Sorry sorry sorry sorry to you all. @n@;; I guess people just like slight pain to another-- rape painn wheee. I mean, I only like it when it comes to master/sexslave or something XDD Or when the rape ends up.. good? 8D;; Not where in the end they get all killed and stuff LOL
I'm perfectly fine with S/M, but I really do dislike gore. D: Like, using a knife to skin someone while raping them. ( Yes, I've seen it. :'[ MY POOR MIND AHHH. ) I only would go for whips, rope, chains, toys, etc. @n@;; Not anything like.. Guns.. dynamite.. I don't know. 8D;;

My opinions are stranngeee
don't flame me, I have repellent! D: *woosshh spray*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:22 pm
I like it if it's well written. I believe most people enjoy the idea and fantasy of dominating or being dominated. I think that stems from nature and society. Society can put alot of pressure on sexuality: men are dominant and women are submissive, so a man has to feel like he's taking what he wants and a woman has to feel guilty about enjoying sex. Believe me, I condemn rape in reality and the unspoken social expectations of sex are disgusting. I tend to run with nature in that if I read it and my loins become a-flame heart then I would say that what I was reading was hot.
Again, human nature, society's expectations, blah blah blah.
When children get involved with adults. I have read and written situations like that but not for erotic purposes. They were meant to be wrenching and horrifying, and hopefully that's what the reader gets out of it. But to each their own; just keep it in the books and not on the playground scream  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Fujico

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:44 pm
Rape in fanfiction is a little different for me than most people.

For most fanficcers (most, not all), rape is just a plot point to get two characters to fall in love. That I don't like. It's ridiculous and not an accurate portrayal of rape at all.

Personally, I love rape fics. Rape, psychological torture, and gore are all very weird kinks of mine. I love the psychological aspect of rape, the anguish of the victims, and the fear and torture of the whole. Rape is one of the most horrible things that can happen to a person. It can break a person and destroy their soul. That is why I like it, and that's why I find it hot.

Like I said, I have some pretty ******** up kinks, and I'm not denying it. s**t, the more blood the better!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:44 am
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

The origin of the Stockholm Syndrome was pretty serious... it's not something that was made up by psychologists, it's based on an actual event where a group of hostages befriended their captors during a bank robbery in Stockholm.
...since 1992.

Nothing wrong with trying to find the good in people i guess lol.
Dont think its enough to call it a "syndrome" though confused

Enzai Sebby3

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:45 pm
kittycatneko3
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

...since 1992.

Nothing wrong with trying to find the good in people i guess lol.
Dont think its enough to call it a "syndrome" though confused

It's not finding the good in people, Stockholm Syndrome. It's being so absolutely terrified and unsure in such a sudden amount of time, you do anything to survive. A hostage doesn't necessarily "sympathize" with their captor--they just don't want to die. Human instinct from the moment we're born is to love the first large being that takes care of us in subconscious hope that the being will feed us and take care of our needs until we're able to do it ourselves. Even after we're able to wipe our own a**, we attach ourselves to "captors" at times (i.e. women in abusive relationships).

Granted, a hefty amount of the medical illnesses are only introduced to sell a drug of some sort, but most of them are there so when you go to a doctor and s/he diagnoses you with a "syndrome" they know where to start a treatment. If they pulled a patient completely out of a group for diagnosis, treatment would start from scratch. Many had to die and suffer for most conditions, diseases, syndromes, and disorders to be acknowledged. It's basically an issue of it being easier to work with a group than with strictly an individual. A doctor (should) would see you as an individual but would study you as a group to help you, otherwise everyone would get, say, a penicillin treatment and the few who are allergic would just die; instead those that are allergic would get a different drug.

Get it? You shouldn't discard new medical finds immediately as some anti-conformist facade. Don't just accept it all either. Scrutinize it. pirate

Back on subject:
I don't necessarily dislike the Stockholm-Love plot, so long as it makes sense, and that's very rare. It only works if the characters have a pre-existing desire for one another--a sort of "I love you but I think you hate me for some reason so I'm gonna pretend I hate you too and just keep my love to wet dreams" scenario. I just read a short Star Wars fic that this worked well for. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 pm
Fujico
s**t, the more blood the better!
Rulin' ya universes...

O_O heart I agree with you so much you wouldn't believe.
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Mr woman

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:54 pm
okay, so maybe im a part of the fan girl demographic that a lot of people hate but,
ITS A STORY
thats why im reading it. if i wanted to read some mutual love fest fluff i'd pick up a shitty romance novel. that what fanfiction is about. i mean sure, if you want to go and read some naruto/sakura fluff where they fall in love and are made for each other, be my guest, i won't hate you for it, its just "your thing".
and my thing is non-con.
i read fanfiction to escape and be caught up in dellusional plots about ******** up morals and angry buttsecks, not to remind me about real life sex.

uuuh, because some people have rape fetishes.
rolleyes

im ll for it if you like it, but mpreg makes me want to barf. just the idea is stupid and i don't get anything out of it.
i personally think pregnancy is gross in general and the thought of anybody wanting to put that responsibility on a man is ridiculous.

but, whatever floats your boat man.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:30 am
I do enjoy rape in fanfictions for the angst/depression factor. I like when character A has had a horrible childhood/past and character B helps them forget it by being nice and taking care of them or sharing their own dark past.

I do NOT enjoy the scenario you provided OP (sorry, didn't remember your name for the post) I read a fic the other day where the main character is raped by his friend, and then miraculously they are in love.. within a chapter. WTFNO. The way the story was set up, if, IF, the author made a couple of years pass, I could see a plausible forgiveness, some renewed trust blossoming into shy love happen. But it was totally not plausible the way it was written.

And I don't think rape it hot, I think its a good plot/character development method (SORRY CHARACTERS AND REAL PEOPLE!)

I just like characters that have had horrible pasts because they tend to make deeper, more interesting people.  

[Ryan Azarcon]

-II-Starlight-II-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
-------------------------------------------------
Well,most of the "rape" Ive seen in yaoi.
The person getting "raped" actually turns out liking in the end. So it`s not really rape anymore, lol.
But I don`t like rape irl, its horrible.

-------------------------------------------------

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:42 pm
If it's executed well, I rather like fictional non-con relationships.

IRL rape is, however, an atrocious act.  

[Romiette]

Jaaku-san

Angelic Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:39 pm
Like/Don't like
I'm actually a mild fan of rape in fiction, as long as it's written well (and by well written I don't mean "OMG you raped but I actually liked it and I think I love you! <3<3<3" scenarious. Those are fail no matter what). IRL, I think it's horrible.

Why?
I can't speak for other people, but I enjoy well written rape for a few reasons. One, when you don't have the horror you get from thinking of a real person being raped, you can sit back and admire the power play that goes into it. And when it's done well- meaning the author actually goes into the trauma involved and the effect it has on the victim- it can make a wonderful plot device for a story. And honestly, for some people rape is as much a regular kink as BDSM.

Trends in fanfiction that make you twitch
Mary-sues and Gary-stues, enough said there.

MPreg, the physical impossibility of the whole thing makes me want to bang my head into a wall unless there is a very logical explanation (such as the pregnant male being a Seahorse hybrid, or something like that), or the story itself is such utter crack that it's impossible to take it seriously (case in point, a LOTR fanfic I was introduced to a few years ago where Legolas became pregnant with Aragorns child via a pod-womb he didn't even know he had).

Love at first sight. As a non-romantic person, this idea has always bugged me. I don't really believe in the idea of soul-mates, and while I believe that two people can click really well on their first meeting, I don't believe two people (or more) can fall madly in love with eachother just by talking once, or simply having their eyes meet from across the room. Lust at first I buy, but love is just ridiculous.

I don't really like love that blossoms to quickly in general. I don't mind if the characters are screwing each other by the end of the first chapter, but declarations of love damn well better wait until at least a few months have passed in story-time unless they're in a serious life-or-death situation and have issues with their relationship later because the couple doesn't know each other as well as they think they do.

...that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Apologies for the Tl;Dr.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff