Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Weight Watchers <tm> Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I don't believe it. This thread existed for all this time without a poll.
  Here, don't spend it all in one place!
View Results

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:03 am
Great plan, Kiwi Girl. Sounds like you already know what to do, for the most part, and it's just a matter of putting it into practice. You're doing great!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:11 am
Finally, after MONTHS of either being up or no change at weigh-in, I'm down this week. Woo hoo! Go me, for walking home from the train station after work! Go me, for eating Peel-a-Pound Soup for at least one meal a day this week. I win!  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kiwi Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 am
Woohoo! Go Go Divash! Congrats on your weight loss! whee

Well, I made sure to finish all my exercising this week and I threw in a lot more vegetables and fruits each day (though I still am coming up a bit short from 5 every day crying ) but I did lose 1.2 pounds. I'm glad to be back down to my lowest weight since joining Weight Watchers and I just need to work towards getting even lower!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:04 am
Kiwi Girl, not only do you look beautiful in that outfit, but you are a weight loss Amazon! Way to go!  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kiwi Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:58 pm
I keep forgetting to update! sweatdrop Well I gained a pound last week. crying But this week I lost 2.4 which puts me down at a total of 13 lbs. I'm excited because I'm only ten pounds away from my 10% goal. ^__^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:03 am
I was WAY up last week. 6.2 pounds! I could've been sad or angry about it, but instead I took it as feedback. Also, I know exactly why I gained.

1. I ate Chinese food the night before. All that salt and MSG causes major water retention. You can gain as much as 7 pounds of water weight just by eating such sodium-rich food; it's usually gone within two days.

2. I drank an entire 32-oz Weight Watchers insulated mug full of Crystal Lite before weigh-in. That alone probably added two pounds.

Now, mind you, if I'm up this week, it'll be actual fat-weight instead of just water retention. I've overeaten this week. But I expect to be down by a little bit instead of up, because I wore my newest (tightest) skirt yesterday and was quite comfortable in it, which is NOT the case when I'm above 180. (I've been struggling between 173 and 186 pounds for about a year now; last week I was 185-ish, so I suspect today I'll be a wee bit under that.)  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:03 am
It's time for confession.

I started out this year at 175 pounds, which is quite a ways down from the 237 that was my highest weight or even the 227 which was the weight at which I joined Weight Watchers.

Due to my own carelessness in the past two months, I have gone back up to 189.4 pounds, as of yesterday's weigh-in.

Yes, I'm disappointed in myself. No, I'm not giving up. I know exactly why I've gained 14.4 pounds since January. I know exactly what I have to do to get back on track. And I'm going to do it, come hell or high water. I'm going back to basics. I'm going back to the first page of this thread, and I'm going to obey those Good Health Guidelines like they're part of my religion, and not like they're just something I heard on the news.

For anyone else out there that feels like they're backsliding, now's the time: We still have more than half of 2008 left. Let's do this. Together.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:22 am
Woohoo!! You can do it, Divash! I know you can... Look how far you've come already! heart

I also need to get really serious about those good health guidelines... Especially the fruits and vegetables. sweatdrop

Last week I was up 0.2 lbs. This week I was down 0.6 lbs.

Kiwi Girl

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:56 pm
Here are some other grocery tips:

1. Start with the produce aisle. Spend about 20% of your budget on fresh fruit and 30% of your budget on fresh vegetables and herbs. If it's winter and the fresh stuff doesn't look great, go to the frozen aisle and pick up frozen fruits and vegetables. It's not ideal, but it's healthy, and you can make some wonderful soups with frozen things.

2. Move on to the proteins. For meat-eaters, take another 20% of your budget for lean meats and fish. Start with fish because it's really healthy, move on to chicken because it's cheap, and let the smallest portion of your meat-budget be LEAN beef and turkey. (I don't know the stats on pork; use your best judgement.)

3. Every cupboard needs some starchy foods. Go for brown rice instead of white rice, whole wheat breads (Weight Watchers makes a very low-calorie, high-fiber one) instead of white breads, potatoes, whole grain cereals.

4. Milk should be no higher than 2% fat. If you want the healthiest thing possible, get 1/2-percent (half percent) milk, but that's hard to find. Instead, buy some 1% and some skim, and 'marry' the two bottles together. That's because when you remove the fat from milk, some of the healthy vitamins go with it, and you need those. Alternatively, try 'lite' soy milk. 8th Continent Soy Milk is especially low in calories, high in fiber, and delicious. They make a plain flavor that's good for cooking savory dishes, and a vanilla flavor that adds a bit of sweetness to cereals and pastries.

5. Don't even walk down the aisles with the cookies, cakes, soda pop, and other things that you really don't need. If you don't buy it, you won't eat it. No, your kids don't need their corn chips, potato chips, and candy. They want it. YOU are the parent. YOU are responsible for your own good health as well as theirs. If you provide healthy snacks, they'll have little choice but to eat those, and they'll get healthy along with you.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:19 pm
Oh, thanks for the additional grocery tips! Sorry for not posting in so long, my mom accidently scheduled doctor appointments for the past two weeks right at our normal WW times so we ended up not going. We went back this week though and I'm down 4.8 lbs!! That puts me at a total of 16.2. It's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off. ^_^ How have you been doing, Divash?  

Kiwi Girl

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:32 am
Up and down for the past couple of weeks, which I expected. I drank a 32-ounce glass (more like a bucket) of water on the morning before weigh-in last week, so naturally I was up three pounds. But it'll come back off, if I just treat it as seriously as I did that first year when I lost 50 pounds. Right now I'm only about 34 pounds down from my starting weight, but things are looking up. I've gotten all the non-WW-friendly stuff out of the house now, and next week (after pay day) I'll be ordering a really good, accurate scale for my home. That way I'll know what I weigh, and not what I, my clothes, my breakfast, and my jewellery weigh.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 am
Sounds good! I'm sure you'll be able to get right back on track. smile  

Kiwi Girl

Kiwi Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:50 am
Well, it seems that I'm finally off of my plateau. I haven't posted lately though, sorry... Live has been busy. My wedding is only a month and a half away (or so). Anyway here's how it goes:

June 3rd: -1.2 lbs
June 10th: -0.8 lbs
June 17th: -1.0 lbs

Which puts me at a total of 19.2 lbs lost since joining Weight Watchers! (down 24 lbs since last August) I'm only 3.8 lbs from 10% goal!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:20 am
HOT DANG, Kiwi Girl! You're on track and doing so well, and I'm really proud of you!  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:56 am
I'm bumping to get this back to the first page of the guild forum, because I think the advice in the very first post will be great for the two people who have recently joined, who have asked for this very kind of advice. Good luck, everyone!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games