Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
The Bookstore Dilemma Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pomba Gira

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:49 am
Well, i work in an comic shop which sells yaoi and BL so whenever a customer brings a bl manga up to the till i pretty much jump on them! Its always nice to find more yaoi fans!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:42 am
here is my story ^^

i went to waldens to buy some yaoi (since i was scared to buy them at the bookstore that i work at LOL)
so i was browsing the yaoi section and then one of the employees (who i could tell was gay whee ) asked me if i needed help and i said no. then he saw i had yaoi and started to recomend me more XD some i had never heard of and some that i already had!! he was so nice^^ i ended up taking home lots of yaoi ^^ (and i feel sorry his store was closed.

this happened at WORK!!!
ok so we all know i worked at a bookstore (not no more i quit) and i was always reallly shi about ordering in yaoi. well one day i got the courage and when they arived my manager goes up to me and sais " I was wondering where you get these titles because its obvious its gay manga" i was so embarased!!! but since everyone there is openminded (and a few are gay heart ) they didnt make a big deal out of it^^ and now they have more yaoi than before^^

Morikami

Sol-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 am
One time when I was at my grandmom's house one of her friends picked up my volume of Gravitation 2 and started to flip through it, all the while asking me questions about manga. I was sitting there hoping that she wouldn't get to the part that they kissed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:05 pm
No reason to be shy...although you might be thought of as a pervert. But I mean, if nobody you know sees you, shouldn't be a biggie.

One time as I was laughing away, reading Gravitation, some old guy came and asked if my comic was good, because he wanted to get one for his little granddaughter. I smiled and said, "Oh yeah, this one's great. Real popular. Kids love it."

XD IDK how that turned out, but I can only hope.  

blackwhiteandsilver

SeNalove

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:24 pm
I honestly really wish I could go through a BookStore Dilemma right now. I don't care how awkward. It would at least mean I was buying something new. Something that I really liked and wanted so much that I didn't care how embarassing it was to buy it. I want that situation. Because I want something new, a new series to get into. I thought I had one, I was really getting into it. And then stupid Gaians spoiled the whole series so much that I don't want anything to do with it anymore. I hate spoily-Gaians.

Sorry for the whining. In a bad mood currently.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:25 pm
Hmm I've only really had one experience, it was when the bookstores started carrying a lot of BL manga, {and the regular stuff.} I had discovered FAKE and bought volumes 1-3 but they didn't have any more. So I had to special order 4,5&6 {ordered 7 off the net} Anyways I got into a weird convo with the woman at the register about manga which was slowly leading towards BL, but her manager showed up before she could question me o_o; I dunno what she was gonna ask but from her expression I knew it wasn't going to be good.

Whenever I do head out to Chapters, I try and spot whose reading BL in the graphic novel section heeheehee

Other than that I mostly order mine off of chapters.indigo.ca or amazon.ca *shrug*

Slasher-Quill

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:20 am
Aerine Lillet
No reason to be shy...although you might be thought of as a pervert. But I mean, if nobody you know sees you, shouldn't be a biggie.

One time as I was laughing away, reading Gravitation, some old guy came and asked if my comic was good, because he wanted to get one for his little granddaughter. I smiled and said, "Oh yeah, this one's great. Real popular. Kids love it."

XD IDK how that turned out, but I can only hope.

xxxD I so hope he bought it!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:59 pm
i wanna say one thing now

i love this guild whoo!

i havent gone to the bookstore in a while..not since my earthain and OTRFK register incident..only because my parents dont let me book shop often.

its because apparently i spend more money on books then clothing xp  

Hawt_az_FCUK

susayas

Sparkly Vampire

12,200 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:07 pm
I was at the comic store near my school(go there every Wednesday. xD -shot-) and I was helping Middie look for the Only the Ring Finger Knows novels(they're like ginourmous blocks of text xD) and I was browsing the yaoi shelf and one guy was like, do you need help? And I was kinda surprised, because I look ten(and I was twelve at the time) and browsing the yaoi section and I'm rambling. xD

I met a girl and her guy friend through yaoi and Saiyuki at a con. xD We were in line for the FMA voice actors autographs and we kept on yelling out how much time we'd spent in line.

Me and a friend have art and history together and they're back-to-back right after lunch, so on the way to art/lockers after art we usually end up talking about weird things cause we're both shounen-ai obsessed kingdom hearts fangirls. xD (once we had an argument over if pickles were good or not. we ended up asking random people what they thought. she won. Another time I said that Hollow Bastion sounded better than Radiant garden and she disagreed so we asked random people. I won that one. xD) Anyways, so we were having a discussion about guys getting raped and why you don't hear about as much as girls getting raped and we were totally serious about it. On our way to art class we pass by the main office and there are benches outside, and there was a prospective student and his parents and here we were talking about gay rape and we didn't notice the student. xD Em' told us later that his parents were looking at us weirdly, and we were like '...aha...uhm, well, at least...they know we're mature?'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:33 pm
xxD A Ha ha ha! I wish my friends liked yaoi instead of hating me for it. heart  

User_2629207

Rainmaria

Precious Sweetheart

8,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:35 pm
I tend to read yaoi without really caring who's around or who can see it...I never have anything R-rated anyway, so it's not that bad. Plus it's funny to see the looks on people's faces when they figure out what I'm reading. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:52 pm
I don't really find it embarasing or whatever to go out and buy yoai. The store employees know me on sight <3.

But the other day I went there to read Loveless and Saiyuki and buy a few things as well . There were these two middle school girls who sat down next to me as I was reading. I looked up to see them stareing at me and then they asked "What are you reading?" I reply "Loveless." 3nodding then add to their blank expressions, "It's a manga....a Japanese comic book..." sweatdrop I wanted to shoot myself for their ignorance. XD

God of Laundry Baskets

Tomqueen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:32 pm
Weeeellll I have plenty of stories involving "Gravitation" that I won't get into.

And then another time, my mom and I were at a restaurant after we'd come from Border's, and the waitress picks up my "Hands Off" and starts flipping through it without even asking.

neutral

("Hands Off" has profanity and/or violence on like, every page, and BL hints galore, OK. 13+ rating and all, but still.)
I was like WTF! D< but I didn't say anything. >___> y'know. My mom might have gotten the idea that it was, in fact, nothing at all that I wanted her to see.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:01 pm
Well the bookstore around here is gone now... but when it was up.. I was someone ignorant of the different books.. So i could not really find most of the magna... But then again i was always with someone and they would pull me stright to the adult books to look through the different positions and stuff...  

Dwhite_McCloud

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces