Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:30 pm
"Little dingy hotel, not too far away really, but no, don't really need anything I guess, and damn it I like sleeping in, keeps me from being cranky, next you're going to tell me I have to be in bed by 5 am." Which might explain why she slept in if she stayed up that late.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:48 pm
Methos looked horrified. "Lord, no! In fact, if you're more comfortable at night, we can do most of the training then. Cuts down on looky-loos. I hate mornings, myself, and I like to avoid doing things I don't want to do as much as possible."

He looked at her consideringly, sizing her up. In the boots, she was even taller than he was. Gods, but she's tall -- and skinny enough to cut paper. "Do you have a cell phone?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:00 pm
"Oh thank the hells you're not a morning person, I could hug you except that's be a tab bit weird, no offense. And cell, somewhere, either the bird has it or it's in the car, who knows, one of those two places more than likely." Or in the fridge, left it there somehow a few times. She had no desire to say that part outloud, she was pretty cure she seemed cracked enough without adding tidbits.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:13 am
"Give me your number," Methos said, trying not to roll his eyes at her rambling manner. "I'll call you when I've got a place set up. Don't be concerned if you don't hear from me for a couple of days" He cocked his head. "I should ask you, before you go, what do you know about being Immortal?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:15 am
She could have laughed at that question but finally stood in a single graceful movement, "390-8762." The first answer was easy, not that she had a way to write it down for him, it wasn't like she carried a purse with paper and a pen. The second question was a bit harder and killed most her of amusement in less than a second, "Tid-bits here and there mostly learned by mistakes, nothing much, there isn't exactly a book on the subject."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:11 pm
Methos listened to her rattle off her cell number with an air that seemed to say he had already memorized it. "That's what teachers are for," he said. "Ours is a totally oral tradition, passed on from teacher to student."

If you don't count the Watchers, that is, he thought, of two minds on the subject, as usual.

"There aren't a lot of rules," he continued, "and only three hard and fast ones: NEVER fight another Immortal on Holy Ground -- It is our refuge. If you are pursued, find a church or cemetary as fast as you can. You'll be safe there.

"Don't lose your head. It comes off your shoulders, and it's over for you.

"And lastly, in the end There Can Be Only One." He delivered these edicts in such a serious manner, his lean young face might have been carved from the granite of Ages.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:33 pm
Well she hadn't known the first one at any rate, the other two she pretty much had learned already, but she nodded anyway, and even manged to not look like she wanted to roll her eyes even though she really did. And here she had always thought cemetery's were just creepy place, learn something new everyday. "Oh joy." It was something at lest, that wasn't even completely meant to be annoying or otherwise bothersome, she was trying at lest to show respect, she wasn't good at it, but she was trying.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:41 pm
Methos chuckled. "I rather expect you knew the last two by now, but I really wanted to make sure you knew about Holy Ground. It's saved my life more than once." More like a million times.

"Fights are challenges -- one on one," he continued, "but not everyone honours that rule, so don't count on it. In fact, if you want my advice, unless you know who's coming or are on Holy Ground, I'd just scram. It's what I do.

"I'm just going to help you learn to fight better when you can't avoid it. Sound good?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:51 pm
Yeah the whole holy ground thing could have been useful years ago, but she wasn't going to b***h, no point in it now, she nodded to his question though, thinking to the point of not saying anything. One on one fights, not a happy thing in her head, fair sure, when that happened, which with her didn't seem to be often sadly enough. In fact a lot of s**t tended to seek her out, she did not have luck in life, ever, before becoming an immortal and afterwards things just never worked for her.

In fact she was waiting for this to go down the drain, that might not have been the brightest outlook on things, but she was still expecting it. "Sure, sounds good."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:02 pm
"Ah, enthusiasm," Methos sighed, shaking his head. "Go forth, take a nap, I'll call you later -- and for the sake of all that is holy, eat a sandwich, would ya?  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:13 pm
"Enthusiasm can get a soul killed sweets, so get use to it, and why the hell do I need to eat anything?" She didn't eat breakfast, okay so it was lunch time but she hadn't been awake long enough to want to eat, maybe more coffee though...that was a thought. She ended up shaking her head, "Whatever, doesn't matter, the nap bit sounds nice at lest."  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:34 pm
"Pessimism gets a soul killed faster," Methos quipped back. "If you come to a fight with the idea that you're going to get killed, it's more likely to happen. And eat because you're skinny, because you could stand a little muscle-toning, because starving to death is not a pretty way to die. Even if you won't stay dead."

He shook his head, smiling. "Just a thought, Twiggy. It might even improve your outlook on life."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:40 pm
That pulled an annoyed sigh from her, "I eat, a lot even thank you, I just gain weight, ever...it's annoying really, when a chick can down two large pizza's in a day and not gain an ounce..." She shrugged given it didn't really matter to her, it wasn't something she could fix so she didn't worry on it  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:01 pm
Methos had the good grace to look chastized. "My apologies," he said. "It's not like I have much to comment on, myself."

It was true. Adam Pierson was a tall, skinny geek boy in baggy clothes. Methos was leanly muscled, without an ounce of unnecessary fat. Gaining weight was not a genetic trait he possessed, whatever his genetic background actually was.

"But I'm right about the attitude," he added. "We'll work on it together. Anyway, class dismissed."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:16 pm
"Oh yippie." Was her only comment before going to walk out without another word, she really did need to eat something she guessed since she hadn't eaten last night, then a nap, that sounded good, well alright at lest. "Oh, talk to you later." It was added only as an afterthought.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff