Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
What got you in to reading fantasy books? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

giz666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:13 pm
i think what really got me into fantasy was in fifth grade my teacher read us the narnia series. after that i was hooked!!! and i haven't stopped reading since heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:55 pm
I've been reading fantasy books for as long as i can remember, they let you get away from the troubles of real life and let you forget (if only for a short time). They were my escape when i was sad or upset, they let me leave my misery behind when i felt that i might drown in my despair.  

Twilights_dawn13

Redd Crayons

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:28 pm
My mom, my sister and i had gone to the library to get some books but i couldnt find a good one so i just didnt get any. well when i got home my mom gave me a book with a girl with orange hair and purple eyes and a horse on the front. she said that it looked good and that i should read it. i took it from her and looked at the cover but ended up just throwing it on my bedside table. well two weeks later my mom took all the books back and i had given here the book. i got home from school that day and it was sitting on my bed. i asked mom why she hadnt taken it back and she said that she thought she had. anyway, that night i was really bored so i picked it up and read the title. "Alanna: The First Adventure" hmm i said, it doesnt look that bad. so i started reading it. i ended up staying up until 5 in the morning reading that book. in the next week i had read 3 of the 4 Alanna books. i was hooked. the i fell upon "Green Rider" when i was in the book store and i just kept going from there.

wow. that was long. haha sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:30 pm
Twilights_dawn13
I've been reading fantasy books for as long as i can remember, they let you get away from the troubles of real life and let you forget (if only for a short time). They were my escape when i was sad or upset, they let me leave my misery behind when i felt that i might drown in my despair.

yeah! i totally agree with you

Redd Crayons

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:08 pm
Fairy Tales. I've been reading them since I was little, I'm not sure how that started...but that's why I read fantasy books..it just kinda evolved as I grew older...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:02 pm
I can't quite remember my first. I think it was a goosebump but I'm not sure. My whole family is into fantasy stuff and it just seemed so naturaul to read those types of stories. I know what you mean though with the whole good fantasy books being hard to find. I usualy read the summary before i buy the book. Some of them are really disappionting but it is so worth it when you find one that just blows your mind. I think I started reading them before I was even in school. I would make my cousin read them to me. lol.  

MidnightRelm010

Sparkly Seeker

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200

MidnightRelm010

Sparkly Seeker

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:04 pm
Twilights_dawn13

I totally agree. I do the same thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:32 pm
I got inot fantasy in eighth grade. My friends would sit around talking about this book series they had both read and I hadn't and it sounded really interesting. One time I was at a used book store trying to find something to read during my brother's wrestling competition(yuck) and The Dragonstone was on the shelf so I grabbed it and read two thirds of it during the meet and when I was done I was like, "wow." And the rest as they say is history.  

koorimefiregirl

Bun-Chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:59 pm
Well my first fantasy book I can't recall. In fourth grade the teachers assitant read James and the Giant Peach and The B.F.G. out loud.
But m favorite series is Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy, Mad Ship Trilogy, and Fool something or other. That series was so cool!!!
Patricia Briggs is awesome too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:42 pm
When I was little, my dad used to read me bits of harry potter and the sorcerer's stone and the lion the witch and the wardrobe.  

arugala

Flitterbye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:19 pm
My mom and dad would read stories (mostly fairy tales or fables) to me when I was little. As I got older and began to read on my own I read even more fantasy. I just have never seemed to grow out of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:29 pm
My dad got me into it. Otherwise I'd be sitting on my a** in front of the computer......................................like right now xd . Well, I read now more than I have before....this is EXTREME fantasy...(piers anthony) XD  

EclipseMoon

Serenity-Revers

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:45 pm
Tamora Pierce got me into Fantasy then it went to Valdemar and then just spread  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:41 am
I don't rememeber when I started reading fantasy or what got me into reading it, but I've been reading fantasy for quite a few yrs, probably 11 or 12 yrs. I just remember that I was obsessed(sp?) with Mary-Kate and Ashley books when I was 5, but somewhere around the age of 6 I started having a falling out with them because of something else I had read. In 4th grade my teacher read the class Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone. That did a lot more into getting me into reading fantasy, but it also made me picky about the fantasy books I read. I also think my dad did a lot to help that. I honestly don't remember though.  

Little Nightmare

Mara Jade Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:00 pm
I've been reading practically right out of the cradle......I taught myself to read at age 4 (reading gift tags under the Christmas tree, haha!) and one of the first stories I remember was Cinderella....and all the fairy tales......guess it just grew from there. I seldom read anything else, other than science fiction.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff