Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime distributed through YouTube: Right or wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Communist_Manifesto666

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:01 am
its wrong it only like 10 mins of a episode  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:35 pm
celtkid
its wrong it only like 10 mins of a episode

..?

YouTube allows a whole episode only if it's broken down to a 10 minute video. A whole epiosode of anime found on YouTube is usually broken into 3 parts.

I don't mind really, the whole episode is there anyway. You'd be lucky to find a full lenght episode sometimes but usually they get spotted and removed.  

Cola Addict

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:36 pm
Youtube does not allow anime no matter if it is only 10 minutes of it. A lot of AMVs have also been taken off youtube. The only reason you find them is because more people are uploading them to youtube then are being caught.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:34 pm
Wyrn
Youtube does not allow anime no matter if it is only 10 minutes of it. A lot of AMVs have also been taken off youtube. The only reason you find them is because more people are uploading them to youtube then are being caught.

Hmm, i don't know who the users you are referring to are but the users who upload the anime i've been watching are doing a nice job of not being caught.

And notice that if anime is removed, a new (or other) user on YouTube will upload the same material again.

I notice these things.  

Cola Addict

Tryana

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:11 am
I don't really care much about that as long as I can keep watching my anime on youtube.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:45 am
I love Youtube... I just want to keep watching anime there so that I can watch it whenever I have the spare time rather than have to actually go and... BUY it.  

yaoilicious

CherubicQueen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:32 am
Kuro Fukai
now, I will admit i have watched full episodes on youtube (mostly Inuyasha, like the older episodes I don't own on DVD....they will be mine soon cool ) but that's only because they stopped airing the older older episodes where I live so I'm like out of a completly humongus loop. but that's the ONLY reason I beileve that they should put certain episodes on Youtube because they stopped airing them and i'm completly poor. s

but Googtube???? ew.....

Yes, I agree they should only use it for episodes that don't air anymore because not all of us have money to spare for anime! By The way I have almost all the Inuyasha episodes, just not the one about the Soul Piper UGH!!!!!!!!! Um, Googtube makes no sense!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:00 pm
i watched some anime on youtube but i agree it has low quality and so i use other site that have much better quality o and it is wrong for youtube to have so many animes because then the peole who make those awesome animes cant make an anime as good or better then the one they made before  

sillydave

kohana28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:21 pm
Nsalin
the demon of chaos
i hear their renaming it googtube. blah.

Googtube?

D: Ew.

...anyway. I DO watch some anime on Youtube, but mainly because I want a 'preview' of said anime to see if I'd like it or not. If I do end up liking it, though, I always go out and purchase it from my anime store.

I guess for me it's better than wasting my money on a series that I'm not even going to watch because I didn't even know if I'd like it in the first place. =/

I do as she does...i watch the preview or the early episodes at youtube then well i like the anime, i buy the DVDs. It's sort of an assurance for me but i do think it is worng, since those copie that are placed there have copyrights and owners would get in trouble if caught right?

Anyway, about the Googtube? Ew..Is that really true? confused  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:33 pm
Just try to remember folks, not all things are forever. Eventually YouTube will never allow anime or AMV's of any kind again at some point.  

Cola Addict

pillowsk3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:43 pm
Washu_Takahashi
I guess it's not exactally 'right', but I would be very angery if they took those videos off. If it wasn't for youtube, I wouldn't have seen animes like Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, and a few others here and there.

yeah, it's definitely not right, but that still doesn't stop me from using youtube or like, limewire for songs and stuff.
while i'm downloading the stuff, or watching anime/other shows on youtube i feel a bit guilty for not giving the creator's their money, but that feeling is forgotten as soon as i start watching the show >.<

So even if I believe and know it's wrong to do this, I still do it because my selfish needs of free anime override my morals. neutral
i'm sorry, anime artists/creators. crying
if the dvd's and mangas were at a more reasonable price, i swear i would buy them instead of leeching off of youtube. better quality will be worth buying it anyway.
but yeah the price just gets in the way for now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:27 pm
i think youtube is ok. i watch AVM's on it and once in a while i watch some anime's. i REALLY dont like the name Googtube. that just sounds so... UGH!! scream oh well.... i never knew they were taking off anime on youtue. i noticed that some were going, but i hope they dont remove all of them. i dont go out and buy anime like some people do. i dont even know where to go and buy anime if i did! stressed wahmbulance  

darkness323

6,800 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Cold Dark Void

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:14 pm
Well I like tha fact that I can watch anime on youtube because they don't sell much anime out here, and I have no money, and can't get a job yet. I think it is sad because of the fact that if we get it from youtube and not from buying the DVDs they lose money and will get mad and stuff, but I would gladly buy the DVDs if I could. And also, Googtube? I don't think youtube would sell thier rights to google because youtube is just that cool.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:25 am
ive watched some episodes of naruto and stuff on youtube so im pro-anime on youtube for my vote  

ShiningRyu

An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces