Hygienic Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:33 pm
I'm athiest  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:47 pm
I'm Christian, more specific Baptist...but i LOVE meeting different people with different point of views and religions...mainly because where i live there aren't many different religions...most are Christian...and im pretty sure that i know a LITTLE bit (at least) of each major religion...beliefs why they believe and things...and i'd also rather be open-minded than be a fanatic about my own religion...most people here are dumb asses and flame others just because they don't believe the same things as them...it's quite sad...i'm happy to talk about religion...i only hate it when people flame others  

Acid_Tape

Clash of Vision

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:05 am
I don't really have a label for my beliefs. I guess if I had to they would be closest to Taoist philosophy. Basically, I believe that all religions are just the face of one being/force/concept, whether you call it God, Big Bang, Eris, or the Tao. (You also have the two forces that come out of it, which are basically creation and destruction, which in turn give birth to the Many Things, or the particular manifestations of reality.) When you get down to it, reality is simply an aspect of it (or the tip of the iceberg), and the nirvana states and gnosis are simply achieving connection with it. It's reality, it's the world, it's the universe and beyond. I don't attribute goodness or badness to it. It simply is. In fact, goodness and evil are simply concepts; that is, it is and simply is - there's no goodness or badness to the existence. Humanity seems to complicate needlessly, and from humanity's own complications arose the ideas of good and evil, white and black.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:57 pm
I'm Christian. But not a nominal one. I follow God and the lifestyle he wants me to cause I want to and not cause that's how I was raised.  

sk_cooper

Oterys

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:06 am
Hmm, I am still trying to sort this one out. I was raised a baptist, but I'm not entirely sure I want to toe that particular line. I have been on a religious sabbatical for some years now and I really feel like I need to find somewhere for myself. I have a friend who is wiccan, but his life seems fraught with mishaps and bad karma so Im not sure that that is the best thing anymore, but I'm keeping my options open.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:22 am
I'm Pagan. No, not wiccan. I'm Pagan. I don't have any simple explination for what I believe in or what led me to believe that, but I'll say this: I believe that everything has a spirit, animate or otherwise; I believe there are things that cannot be explained by the laws of the physical world or the existence of any god...and I think it has a lot to do with my heritage as well, both the gypsy and the slavic.

sorry if I offended anyone...  

N.Ghost

Neko Kyu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:55 am
I'm a christian... Though i follow no particular "sect" of Christianity. I believe things on my own terms and try to come up with my own ideas and beliefs.

I believe in being open minded~ <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:49 pm
I'm eclectic Pagan drawing mostly from Wiccan beliefs. I was a Pagan before I became interested in goth stuff, and I don't know if there's a link between being gothish and being Pagan.  

Freedom Fire

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:56 pm
I was born and raised Protestant(Christian). About three years ago, I strayed away from my original roots, and began practicing Wicca. It was fun, and I love all the rituals, and Sabbats, and the whole belief system, but then I got dragged into joining my Church's youth group. Really not anything special, but something about it kind of changed my whole outlook on religion, spirituality, and beliefs in a Higher Power. I think it was the music. At the end of every meeting, we all go into the sanctuary without any of the lights on, and we all go around the piano in the corner, and our minister(who is the coolest person on the face of the earth!!!!) plays the piano, and we all sing together. And when I say he plays the piano, he seriously rocks his little Christian heart out!!! I am now...... nothing really. I am a little bit Christian, a little bit Wiccan, a little bit Taoist, and I guess somewhat Athiest. I still have that doubt in me that originally drove me away from the Church(that and my stupid a** Catholic school. Try being the only one in your whole entire school that isn't Catholic. Not very fun.)I'm not sure what I am, or what I'm supposed to be, but I'll figure it out sooner or later. Hopefully.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:17 pm
I'm Christian.

I know that may not sound gothy enough to you people.

rolleyes
But yeah I'm Christian.

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:25 pm
XAngelFromYourNightmareX
I'm Christian.

rolleyes
But yeah I'm Christian.

Aesthetically, the goth culture draws more from Christianity than from any other source. Also, statistically, there are more Christian goths than goths of any other religion.

So don't worry about the "gothiness" of Christianity.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:31 pm
GilAskan
XAngelFromYourNightmareX
I'm Christian.

rolleyes
But yeah I'm Christian.

Aesthetically, the goth culture draws more from Christianity than from any other source. Also, statistically, there are more Christian goths than goths of any other religion.

So don't worry about the "gothiness" of Christianity.
That's good to hear!

smile

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

Her Cyanide--

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:34 pm
Ummm well thats tough for me. I don't really have a religion and I don't really have any interest in what happens when you die. I guess you know..i'll just wait and find out? XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:48 pm
Miss.Nanners
Ummm well thats tough for me. I don't really have a religion and I don't really have any interest in what happens when you die. I guess you know..i'll just wait and find out? XD

If that's the case, then you are probably agnostic (believing that while there may not be one or several "true" gods, some presence must've had a hand in creation)  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:04 pm
I chose to be a wiccan. Not to be rebellious against my mother or anyone else in my family, it is something I chose to be and I'm not changing for anyone.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff