Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:03 am
I'm afraid an added problem for me with it is that a book cannot survive for over 2000 years without things being added or taken away or lost in traslation so the bible now cannot really be the same as it was and again there is interpretation as you two are showing, to some it is higly contradictory and others it makes sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:05 am
Abram_Panhead
i'm not asking any more of you. smile anyways, this isn't the place for such a conversation. that can be saved for another thread, no? xp
do we even have a thread for theoretical and religious debate?  

Isobel Bellamy

janzie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:06 am
we can talk about that another time. this isn't the place for such a conversation ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:06 am
yes, well kinda. its caled "magic in religions" but if you feel the urge, make a new thread  

themagikat

janzie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:08 am
isobel_bellamy
Abram_Panhead
i'm not asking any more of you. smile anyways, this isn't the place for such a conversation. that can be saved for another thread, no? xp

i don't know.... i'm not sure i'd want to. last time that happened to me it was 50 gaians vrs 1 me and it wasn't much fun.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:09 am
it does give a rush, though, to try to argue with 50 people at once. being an occultic pagan at a catholic private school, i get that a lot and it drives me crazy. the funny thing, though, is that mosts people who argue with me dont know s**t.  

themagikat

janzie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:12 am
well, i promise that if we debate this issue, i will know s**t. not a whole lot, but some. i promise wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:14 am
themagikat
it does give a rush, though, to try to argue with 50 people at once. being an occultic pagan at a catholic private school, i get that a lot and it drives me crazy. the funny thing, though, is that mosts people who argue with me dont know s**t.
whoa thats scary. at my school i get it bad enough from non cathiloics  

Isobel Bellamy

themagikat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:14 am
lol i really dont care one way or another, sadly i have to go for now anyways, but ill be back later. if you have aim we can discuss it there later.

"do as thou wilt"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:16 am
Abram_Panhead
isobel_bellamy
Abram_Panhead

i don't know.... i'm not sure i'd want to. last time that happened to me it was 50 gaians vrs 1 me and it wasn't much fun.... sweatdrop
well seeing as you arnt one of these people that shout "burn all witches" at us im thinking we wont be that nasty to you  

Isobel Bellamy

janzie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:20 am
isobel_bellamy
well seeing as you arnt one of these people that shout "burn all witches" at us im thinking we wont be that nasty to you

i'd be honored. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:42 pm
scream BURN ALL WITCHES!!!o.o ... lol, just kidding, I couldn't resist... sorry... *starts poking people with a crucifix to see if there is any reaction* o.o  

IraMorti

Demonic Shapeshifter

themagikat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:02 pm
haha. that was funny...im not a witch though, so either way its fine by me

tee hee?

i was but kidding of course! (on the burning them, im not a witch)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:31 am
muted faith9
I was just wondering how peoples parents reacted to their children being gothic. I mean, most parents don't like the music, the stereotypes that go with being gothic, and my parents even hate the clothing. My parents really don't know about me being gothic as they are so much against it that if they found out I would probably be disowned. So how did your parents react? Or do they even really know?

I dont have a gothic look. it is more like a punk-style. But, i am very keen on gothic style( i mean clothes and make up). I love listening to gothic metal. My parents are really confused i guess. I was pretending to be a nice girl, because i thought in this way i would help them and me, and we would be a happy family again. but after 2 years i got , it wasnt my fault they destroyed all my hopes and my happiness. i decided to show them, what they returned me in. i showed them my reality and they are still in schock. rolleyes Now i wear however i like, i use bad language, listen to my favourite bands, i am not hiding the cds. , talk whatever i like when we all have dinner, i blame them for everything. they really deserve to see the reality. i am sicked of the lies and fake smiles. we are like enemies now with my dear father, he is really against all this. my mother- she lives in her own world, i dont exist there, and i dont want to. my parents are totally crazy. they are discussing me, but they dont dare asking me why i am like that. They just shout me, punish me...but in vain. all these punishments are making me worse.  

[Poison_Girl]

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:36 am
Sirek
scream BURN ALL WITCHES!!!o.o ... lol, just kidding, I couldn't resist... sorry... *starts poking people with a crucifix to see if there is any reaction* o.o
*bites*  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces