Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
British views on abortion. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:31 pm
This thread shall be locked from henceforth, as abortion is NOT the sort of topic that should really be discussed in a BRITISH Guild. I mean, what WERE you thinking?

LOCKED.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:24 am
Foetus In Fetu
and_solo_said
1)I will thank you not to flame me for my views

I was flaming your views, I wasn't flaming you. If you can call that a flame.

and_solo_said
2)The woman can take away consent in foreplay and during the act, but at the point of ejaculation, it is too late. Having an abortion is like ripping open the stitches and riping the donated organ out.

You seem to have missed the embedded point. Continuing to have sex with a woman after she has withdrawn consent is rape, and a violation of bodily integrity; I wasn't referring to preventing pregnancy at all.

Is abortion okay if a couple were using the pull-out method?

Besides which, no it isn't. Taking the donated organ out is a violation of the donatee's bodily integrity. Even if the donator wants the organ back, not allowing them to have it is not a violation of their bodily integrity. Forcing a woman to gestate is a violation of her bodily integrity.

and_solo_said
3)Pleasure is not evidence, it is a cause. Just because you know a cause for a phallasy, does not mean that you can dismiss it.

Please make yourself clear, I'm still missing the point. Pleasure doesn't cause us to reproduce.

and_solo_said
4)Dolphins reproduce stare

But they don't reproduce every time they have sex. In fact, I believe most evidence points to dolphins not thinking "Wow, I want baby dolphins, let's have sex," and rather to dolphins thinking "Wow, I want sex".

and_solo_said
5)About the car crash thing, if they went driving into other cars for the fun of it, they deserve to die

I fail to see how that has any relation to anything. You're going back to the "The woman brought it on herself," idea, which is completely blown out of the water if the woman was using contraception.

Admirable riposte indeed..

biggrin

Invictus_88
Captain

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:53 am
I believe that ultimately it is the woman’s choice whether or no she has the baby; I do think however that the father of the child has rights. It is his child and if neither parent wants it then why should she go through nine months of physical and mental change just to give the baby up at the end of it? I also think this depends on how the child was conceived – if it was through rape then I believe that the man should have no rights at all in what happens even if she aborts it.

It’s all very well for the pope, politicians and men to say abortion is wrong but they will never experience it like the woman. She has to go through the rest of her life knowing what she has done, and no woman is ever likely to forget about it.

Pregnancy is an emotional rollercoaster, the woman has to cope with her body changing, mood swings and basically putting her life on hold for the next eighteen or more years.

If during sex the woman is taking the pill and the man is wearing a condom does this not show that they do not want a child? On the incredibly small chance she falls pregnant why can’t she have an abortion? After all she was being cautious and she obviously most definitely did not want a child otherwise she would not have gone through so much trouble to prevent creating one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:56 am
I thought this was going to be deleted because there is only really a 2 page arguement
I should really have paid more attention during Simon's topic blitz  

and_solo_said

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:00 pm
and_solo_said
I thought this was going to be deleted because there is only really a 2 page arguement
I should really have paid more attention during Simon's topic blitz

I asked Invictus he said it was open again since he'd deleted all of the spam posts.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:14 pm
So, now we can deviate (if that's the natural direction of discussion) as long as it's not spam? Yes?  

Boolean Julian
Crew

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:19 pm
Nebelstern
This thread shall be locked from henceforth, as abortion is NOT the sort of topic that should really be discussed in a BRITISH Guild. I mean, what WERE you thinking?

LOCKED.
Simon, why do you insist upon being a total hypocrite? You tell me to make ED-style threads and when I do so you say they are crap and not fit to be discussed in the guild. I think perhaps you should smoke a little less crack stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:20 pm
Nebelstern

LOCKED.

Right. Is this guild all about fluff and voids? Because almost all threads which start off reasonably purposeful soon veers off point and, to be honest, it's like having a thousand threads from CB, except instead of saying

n00b
bUMP. I WANT GOLD domokun !!! heart

we say

Brit
Yoghurt! rolleyes With a bit of white text for the hell of it...

It's getting quite disheartening.  

Vanilla Pod

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:41 pm
I never endorsed this thread. Abortion is not the kind of topic that applies specifically to Britain. Therefore I frown upon it. It seems to have been allowed though, so I shall have to yield...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:41 pm
Indie_Chick
Simon, why do you insist upon being a total hypocrite? You tell me to make ED-style threads and when I do so you say they are crap and not fit to be discussed in the guild. I think perhaps you should smoke a little less crack stare

Abortion threads aren't really that ED.

Let's keep a civil tongue in our heads though shall we? Ambassadors for your country and all that..

Consider yourself warned, hmm?

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:42 pm
Vanilla Pod
Nebelstern

LOCKED.

Right. Is this guild all about fluff and voids? Because almost all threads which start off reasonably purposeful soon veers off point and, to be honest, it's like having a thousand threads from CB, except instead of saying

n00b
bUMP. I WANT GOLD domokun !!! heart

we say

Brit
Yoghurt! rolleyes With a bit of white text for the hell of it...

It's getting quite disheartening.

Yup, I'm doing what I can. I'll be appointing moderators at some point in the next week.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:42 pm
Nebelstern
I never endorsed this thread. Abortion is not the kind of topic that applies specifically to Britain. Therefore I frown upon it. It seems to have been allowed though, so I shall have to yield...

It doesn't specifically apply anywhere but it does affect a lot of British women  

dreaming_mouse

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:49 pm
Indie_Chick
Nebelstern

LOCKED.

I never knew you could smoke crack. Coke, yes, but I always thought you could only snort crack. At least, I don't think it's widely smoked, although I concede it's probably posssible.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:56 pm
whapcapn
Indie_Chick
Nebelstern

LOCKED.

I never knew you could smoke crack. Coke, yes, but I always thought you could only snort crack. At least, I don't think it's widely smoked, although I concede it's probably posssible.

Ye-es...well, you can definitely smoke crack. Cocaine's more for snorting.  

Vanilla Pod

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:00 pm
Vanilla Pod
whapcapn
Indie_Chick
Nebelstern

LOCKED.

Ye-es...well, you can definitely smoke crack. Cocaine's more for snorting.

Oh. I always thought it was the other way around.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games