Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:05 am
Danielle~SOC
Deo_Machina
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly
I think what he was getting at was that Hitler felt the Jews had killed Jesus.

Frankly, I don't think Hitler cared a rat's backside who killed Jesus because he himself rejected Christianity and believed in a form of occultic neo-paganism that had become popular in the early 20th century, and which had some very peculiar beliefs. Calloing himself a Roman Catholic was only for convenience since most of the people he ruled were Roman catholics. His hatred of jews stemmed instead from something so engrained in his cultural background that he probably couldn't have explained even to himself why he hated Jews or thought of them as inferiors. Yet history has left us a curious clue. His maternal grandfather had a Jewish name, and after he came to power, he had his grandfather's little native town burned to the ground to destroy any possible documents that might show this. But some did manage to survive! This fact may have been so shameful to him that he wanted to stamp all references of it out of existance, including stamping out the Jews themselves. This kind of denial and self-loathing is not unknown for people of Jewish ancestry, and it is a very disturbing thing to realize how many of the world's worst anti-semites were themselves of some Jewish ancestry.

Proof that Hitler wasn't a Christian?

Christianity is more then just a religion, to find out if someone is a Christian compare them to the Characters of Christ Jesus and are they learning how to walk in that character, are they seeking after it, do they have the fruits of true repentance in their lives? Did Hitler meet though standards?

But no human can ever get close to being like Jesus.

What is impossible for Man, is not impossible for God.... Think of this statement that Paul said that I have understanding of now in more intimacy then I ever had before..... "I no longer live but Christ lives in me, the life I live is by Faith in Jesus Christ." Its not a matter of what I can do, or the things I can accomplish on my own, but what God can accomplish in me and threw me to let His Glory be known. You are correct by basic human standards its impossible for one to become like Jesus, but those who no longer live, but have the Holy Spirit of God Living in them can through the Power of God and Faith in in the God who created everything.

That makes us sound like appendages, mere tools to do God's will.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:45 pm
Well, we kinda are. We are the body of Christ (says so many times in the New Testament). That's why we need to work together to better the world and better one another, and that's why we need to uplift one another in Christ. Can a body function properly with a bad leg or a bad arm or if the person can't see or if the heart doesn't pump? We are His hands and feet, His mouth. We need to carry the Word to the world. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:49 pm
So we are slaves on earth, then slaves past earth?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:35 pm
Hmm .... interesting word choice. I'd like to say yes, but not in the negative way you're suggesting. He served us, and we are to return that by serving one another. We are servants to one another (though some translations say "bondservant" which can be translated as slave), and servants to our God.

Which makes me remember that I have to find someone who can read and write Hebrew- I wanna get a tattoo around my wrist that says "Bondslave of the Messiah" in Hebrew. 4laugh

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Hmm .... interesting word choice. I'd like to say yes, but not in the negative way you're suggesting. He served us, and we are to return that by serving one another. We are servants to one another (though some translations say "bondservant" which can be translated as slave), and servants to our God.

Which makes me remember that I have to find someone who can read and write Hebrew- I wanna get a tattoo around my wrist that says "Bondslave of the Messiah" in Hebrew. 4laugh

Ach, I'm not comfortable with the whole idea..

But I did catch this
on the net.

I also tried to tanslate the prase, but all I got was the word for Messiah. "משיח"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:28 pm
Oh, that's cool, thanks! smile

And what idea aren't you comfortable with? The idea of serving and loving your fellow human being? That's really all God asks for, because that's how we love God- by obeying Him when He commands us to love one another (and to love Him of course, but you can take baby steps 3nodding ).

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:11 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Oh, that's cool, thanks! smile

And what idea aren't you comfortable with? The idea of serving and loving your fellow human being? That's really all God asks for, because that's how we love God- by obeying Him when He commands us to love one another (and to love Him of course, but you can take baby steps 3nodding ).

I don't like the idea of being stuck in there for eternity, there are things I want to do that I can't fit into one life.

As for loving humanity..some of it maybe.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:40 am
So do you believe in reincarnation?  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:22 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
So do you believe in reincarnation?

No, I just don't want to die.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:05 pm
Unfortunate fact of life I'm afraid. But not wanting to die isn't going to give you anymore time in this life to do what you want. And not to get sentimental or anything, but when I'm finally nearing my last moments I want to be satisfied in the fact that I loved enough, cuz it's really not about me. It's not about you, it's not about anyone- it's about the love that God sent down and the love that we need to share with one another. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Smeagle the Great

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 pm
You should take religion as far as it will go.

As C.S. Lewis so expertly put it:

"The only thing that Christianity cannot be is moderately important."

If it is God talking to you,and you are genuinely saved,you will know.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:25 pm
kairiluvxxx
Lt.Psycho
Fushigi na Butterfly
A genuine Christian shouldn't try to justify the mass and multiple murder of any ethnic group, Jewish or otherwise. Jesus taught forgiveness, not revenge. If Hitler was a Christian, truly, he would not have used Christianity as a reason for his genocide.

i know, its just he got a crazy image in his head i think... he would of turned into a good man if Satan didnt get that image in him...

I feel really bad for those people who think they actually know Everything about God and claim that they are doing what God wants them to do when in truth, they are doing what they want to do. These people are especially hard to change.. I really feel sorry for them.. Do you think that it is okay feeling sorry for these people and wanting to change them?

When you talk about the people that think they know everything about God, it reminds me of something one of my pastors said.

Gene Appel
Never get comfortable with your level of faith, because when you do, that's when you're in trouble. I never want to be comfortable in my faith because that means that I have the belief that there is nothing I can do to improve.

I don't remember which service it was from... but if I could find the recording of it for those people to hear, I think that maybe it would help them a little bit.  

s0prano42_x3

Smeagle the Great

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:30 am
domokun  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:09 pm
Danielle~SOC
Lethkhar
Wind-Whisper
Fushigi na Butterfly
I think what he was getting at was that Hitler felt the Jews had killed Jesus.

Frankly, I don't think Hitler cared a rat's backside who killed Jesus because he himself rejected Christianity and believed in a form of occultic neo-paganism that had become popular in the early 20th century, and which had some very peculiar beliefs. Calloing himself a Roman Catholic was only for convenience since most of the people he ruled were Roman catholics. His hatred of jews stemmed instead from something so engrained in his cultural background that he probably couldn't have explained even to himself why he hated Jews or thought of them as inferiors. Yet history has left us a curious clue. His maternal grandfather had a Jewish name, and after he came to power, he had his grandfather's little native town burned to the ground to destroy any possible documents that might show this. But some did manage to survive! This fact may have been so shameful to him that he wanted to stamp all references of it out of existance, including stamping out the Jews themselves. This kind of denial and self-loathing is not unknown for people of Jewish ancestry, and it is a very disturbing thing to realize how many of the world's worst anti-semites were themselves of some Jewish ancestry.

Proof that Hitler wasn't a Christian?

Christianity is more then just a religion, to find out if someone is a Christian compare them to the Characters of Christ Jesus and are they learning how to walk in that character, are they seeking after it, do they have the fruits of true repentance in their lives? Did Hitler meet though standards?

Does anyone?

I think Hitler believed he was following Christ.  

Lethkhar

A Different Light

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:30 pm
Lethkhar

Does anyone?

I think Hitler believed he was following Christ.
I believe he was for his earlier career, and then was an atheist by the 40s or so. Correct me if I'm wrong.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff