Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Girls are Lesbians For Reading Yaoi?] Hypocritical Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pomba Gira

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:44 pm
Maybe lesbians like yaoi because they are broadminded? I think its mostly men who think we're lesbians for liking yaoi(not all of them. I understand that not all men are narrow minded!), because they are afraid of what they don't understand(eg a friend of mine told me hated gays because he was afraid they'd fancy him. what are they going to do? jump him?!) Afterall, i know lots of guys who enjoy watching girls make out(who are straight), but its more unusual to find a girl who will like watching guys make out. Surely, from this point of view we are totally normal?

Sorry, i didnt mean to write an essay about it!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:52 pm
That doesn't make sense.....at all. Why would you be a Lesbian for reading male/male.....kind of weird....  

Amenazar

the steeple people

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:54 pm
ok, i read it all the time, and in fact i read it during class. Everyone just gathers around gawking at it in amasment!!! even the guys!!! especially when i read yuri at school......... now i have a question for you all....... if your a girl and read yuri, would that make you a lezbo..... cause i read it, and people will still crowd around, but always say, "dude, the lezbo's reading the goods again!!!" i'll just glare and say "F*** you a** hole, i'm no lezbo, and you can't read today........." but still, does it???  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:58 pm
When did this happen? O.o It's a LIE. Girls can be whatever sexual orientation. Juts like guys likeing Lesbians, they don't have to be gay if they like lesbians...color]  

xXVampire of LustXx

Brannagh_Morag

Feral Lover

11,265 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:28 pm
My mom asked me if I was lesbian. She was probably joking but still and she only asked me because I was reading Rainbow Boys.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:02 pm
Woah. Never heard of that before. o_o What about a straight guy reading/watching yaoi? o_o  

psychotic LEE

darkmage009

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:19 am
klausolas
Can someone please explain to me why it is that If a guy reads a anything about two girls having sex he's straight if a little perverted but if I a girl read about two guys having sex I'm asked if I'm a lesbian. (Nothing against lesbians it's just been pissing me off)
lol I know what you feel. they told me the same thing!! and I was like "what?" that's their basis to tell if a person's a lesbian? so unreasonable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:39 pm
mrgreen I'm not called a lesbian, people just call me a perv! It doesn't bother me cause I am!

On a serious note, what are they basing this comment on? Nothing, thats what! It's just there own intolerant, uneducated opinion. They seem to have this strange idea that if you accept or incourage gay or lesbians then you yourself must be gay. I also agree with Klausolas. How come if a guy likes two women together he's a normal straight guy, but girls can't like two guys together! sweatdrop Man I sound like a broken record. I guess we all have the same opinion! whee Great minds think alike!  

Bunniechild

tomb_robber_girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:25 pm
princessMeep
It's just dumb. Either ignore them or point out that a lesbian wouldn't really want to watch two guys get it on.

I'm lesbian and I heart LOVE heart seeing two guys getting it on stare

I'm finding the comments people are making here, are styriotipical. Some lesbians do like guy/guy thank you stare

Sexual Orientation has NOTHING to do with your interests.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:08 pm
Sooo, I'm a big dyke. Yeah. Love munching on vag. And I'm a huuuuuuuuuuge yaoi fangirl. IT'S JUST SO HOT. What can I say?  

xKelpiex

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:13 pm
I don't think I should even have to say this, but... if you're a lesbian why would you enjoy seeing two hot guys go at it. Isn't the point of being a lesbian liking hot girls? There’s absolutely no sense in thinking that someone who’s gay or lesbian likes looking at the opposite gender getting it on.

That doesn’t make any sense. If you were lesbian you’d like Yuri [girlxgirl] better. That’s the point isn’t it?

Whoever asked you that apparently doesn’t have an ounce of logic in their tiny brain. If they had even thought about it for a minute…. Hopefully they would’ve realized how illogical their question was. Not all questions are good questions. Brains are supposed to be our advantage over other animals.

If this isn’t making sense to some people then let me put like this…
Straight Girl= Like Boys
Straight Boy=Likes Girls
Lesbian= Likes Girls
Gay= Likes Boys
NOT
Lesbian= Likes Gays
Gay= Likes Lesbians
Lesbians like other Lesbians [females]
Gays like other Gays [males]

Bisexual- It's all good. cool

I'm not saying all Lesbians would like Yuri better, though normally I would suspect if they're claiming to be lesbian... it just makes sense to me they'd like Yuri more so than Yaoi. But a lot of Shonen-ai is just cute and any gender or sexual preference might like it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:16 pm
Wow, I totally don't get Lesbians loving Yaoi. That, to me, doesn't makes sense. That goes over my head. sweatdrop  

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

RoninMoro

Fashionable Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Phantom Shifter
I don't think I should even have to say this, but... if you're a lesbian why would you enjoy seeing two hot guys go at it. Isn't the point of being a lesbian liking hot girls? There’s absolutely no sense in thinking that someone who’s gay or lesbian likes looking at the opposite gender getting it on.

That doesn’t make any sense. If you were lesbian you’d like Yuri [girlxgirl] better. That’s the point isn’t it?

Whoever asked you that apparently doesn’t have an ounce of logic in their tiny brain. If they had even thought about it for a minute…. Hopefully they would’ve realized how illogical their question was. Not all questions are good questions. Brains are supposed to be our advantage over other animals.

Straight Girl= Like Boys
Straight Boy=Likes Girls
Lesbian= Likes Girls
Gay= Likes Boys
NOT
Lesbian= Likes Gays
Gay= Likes Lesbians

I'm not saying all Lesbians would like Yuri better, though normally I would suspect if they're claiming to be lesbian... it just makes sense to me they'd like Yuri more so than Yaoi. But a lot of Shonen-ai is just cute and any gender or sexual preference might like it.

Heehee. It's all good. I need to remember that one. But shonenai is way too cute!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:24 pm
Phantom Shifter

Straight Girl= Like Boys
Straight Boy=Likes Girls
Lesbian= Likes Girls
Gay= Likes Boys
NOT
Lesbian= Likes Gays
Gay= Likes Lesbians

like princessMeep said, sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with interests. mkay? i dont like to make assumptions, so no offence to you, its just id like u to notice that fact. smile  

angelBmine

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:13 am
angelBmine

like princessMeep said, sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with interests. mkay? i dont like to make assumptions, so no offence to you, its just id like u to notice that fact. smile

Ah, well, let me just say I'm a dumb cow. Please, do not try to correct me or explain this to me. Like I said, it goes over my head and when I say that I mean it's goes WAY over my head. I DO NOT get it at all.

I like to think I can usually understand a concept. I suppose because the only reason I really care much for yaoi is because of my sexual orientation I don't understand why people would bother with it otherwise.

Honestly if I weren't into guys I wouldn't bother. There are tons of excellent, cute, and so on animes. Right now I'm really into Death Note and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. I’ll always love Ghost in the Shell:SAC and Kyou Kara Maou. I watch these animes, because I feel like their stories are individuals for some reason or another. There’s a lot of anime I watch that I… throw into the junk heap in my mind. Not to say it wasn’t worth watching, it wasn’t worth keeping.

I like yaoi, but none of it I’ve come across has been really amazing to me. I watch it because of the yaoi, because that is the part of it that comes across as unique and because of my sexual orientation. I don’t watch Yuri. I have no interest in it even if the plot is good there’s something that may have nothing to do with sexuality or romance that could portray the same sort of idea. Perhaps better, because it wouldn’t be side tracked by romance or whatnot. This is my reasoning on the subject. I don’t find a reason that yaoi is different other than the boyxboy relationships.

I don’t understand what you’re saying. I don’t really know if anyone in philosophy can definitely say that reason triumphs over experience. Until I experience I probably won’t be able to rationalize it as well. From what I experience I rationalize. But people are different. I think the only way you can actually make something rational is by somehow coming to an understanding through some kind of experience [or so I reason from experience]. In the case of someone who only rationalizes it would be through scenario, imagination.

Once again though, this is a lot of speculation on how individuals understand things. I am, but one person and one reality. I can only speculate about others. Nothing is ever factual when you believe you understand someone else. We can only understand someone as far as we can understand.

I write the last two sections to come to this point, I am not a lesbian and I will never be remotely close to being one. Also I will not understand something that seems logically contradictory. My logic is that if a straight girl likes boys then she should like more than one boy, yes? If a straight boy likes girls then he should like more than one girl. I apply this same reasoning to lesbians, because to me it would be logically consistent for girls who like girls to like more girls. Same with gays who would like more boys.

I question why would a lesbian would be interested in yaoi or shonen-ai, every reason I think of I can contradict. For instance I mentioned plots.

So because I do not believe I’ll ever be able to experience being a lesbian, I cannot understand from experience. In addition, I find no logical reason for watching yaoi other than the sexual preference, since I’m pretty sure you can find the plots, cuteness, and so on elsewhere.

In my mind telling me Lesbians like Yaoi is … a contradiction. Think of it this way. I am a mindless, stupid, drooling zombie. I do not have the mind or the ability to understand this to any degree. “Does not compute.” I don’t mean to argue something or offend you... I just mean to point out how I will not understand this to an extreme extent [hopefully to ward off any attempt at explaining it to me]. There is no metaphor that could explain how incomprehensible this concept is to me.

Sorry, I cannot understand. ... but I stand in a stupor of awe.

[Side note: I don’t know if this is common, but I consider lesbians to be exclusively sexually interested in females. If they were interested in both genders, but females more so, I would probably consider them bisexual. I don’t know if this definition would be important or not, but I thought I should add it incase I’m taking things too literally?]

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff