Southern Death Cult

Rubella Ballet

The Vanishing

Cockroach Waltz

puff93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:11 am

GilAskan
MysteryCross
Isn't AFI, My Chemical Romance, and Evanescence considered "emo screamo"??? 0o?? and wha about Avenged Sevenfold?? 0o???

AFI - Hardcore Revival

My Chemical Romance - Powerpop

Evanescence - Symphonic Metal

Avenged Sevenfold - Post-hardcore w/ metal influences

"Screamo" isn't a real genre. Most bands called "screamo" are powerpop, or some related genre.

"Emo" stands for "emotive hardcore" (NOT emotional) and is best represented by bands like "Sunny Day Real Estate" and "Rites of Spring". The genre is very similar to hardcore-punk, however, it features emotionally evocative lyrics (hence the name "emotive hardcore"), rather than the apathetic, hate-driven anthems of hardcore.

plz don't call my chemical romance power pop, oviusly you hav't herd all of there song sure some of the hits might seam that way but the best ones (i'm not ok ,this isn't a fashion statmen ,it's a fing death wish not powerpop, listen to it all before u clasif
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:14 am

.+Melanthios+.
my music:

Goth rock:
The Cure
Sisters of Mercy
Bauhaus
joy division (yes, love will tear us apart)
depeche mode
Souixie and the Banshees

dakwave:
the cure (also, above)
The Cruxshadows

dark cabaret:
Voltaire

Industrial/metal/rock (not goth):
System of a down

Gothic metal/metal:
moi dix mois
lacuna coil
cradle of filth

oh score, depeche mode is one of my favorites, you can't forget them

puff93

puff93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:29 pm

XAngelFromYourNightmareX
GilAskan
"Goth band" is different than "goth rock band". A goth band is a band of goths, while a goth-rock band is one which preforms the goth-rock genre of music.

With this said, it can't be debated what bands are goth-rock or not, though, one could debate whether or not the band itself is goth.

Goth-rock bands (examples):
Bauhaus
Joy Division
The Cure
Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees
The Damned
Christian Death
Sisters of Mercy
The Mission UK
The Church
New Model Army
Fields of Nephilim

Bands Commonly Called Goth-rock, but are not Goth-rock (examples):
Evanescence
Marilyn Manson
koRn
Tool
Slipknot
My Chemical Romance
Aiden
Rammstein
A Perfect Circle
AFI
Black Sabbath
Cradle of Filth
Nightwish
Nine Inch Nails
Good list. 3nodding

Even though they aren't considered Goth-rock bands. The ones in Red I like anyways.

how is nine inch nails not goth.............................
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:30 pm

GilAskan
MysteryCross
Isn't AFI, My Chemical Romance, and Evanescence considered "emo screamo"??? 0o?? and wha about Avenged Sevenfold?? 0o???

AFI - Hardcore Revival

My Chemical Romance - awesome "yes emo scremo

"Screamo" isn't a real genre. Most bands called "screamo" are powerpop, or some related genre.

"Emo" stands for "emotive hardcore" (NOT emotional) and is best represented by bands like "Sunny Day Real Estate" and "Rites of Spring". The genre is very similar to hardcore-punk, however, it features emotionally evocative lyrics (hence the name "emotive hardcore"), rather than the apathetic, hate-driven anthems of hardcore.

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE IS NOT scream "POWERPOP" scream talk2hand

puff93

puff93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Isn't the very fact that we are saying what is and isn't goth ,hipicritul, if being goth is stand away from the crowd and starting are own treds a very conterdiction of telling some one what is and isn't goth.............. question
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:33 am

puff93
Isn't the very fact that we are saying what is and isn't goth ,hipicritul, if being goth is stand away from the crowd and starting are own treds a very conterdiction of telling some one what is and isn't goth.............. question

No, it's not hypocritical whatsoever.

GOTH IS A GENRE OF MUSIC.

A band can be goth. For a band to be goth, they must produce goth-rock music. If they do not produce goth-rock music, they are not goth.

Simple as that.

GilAskan
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:34 am

puff93
XAngelFromYourNightmareX
GilAskan
"Goth band" is different than "goth rock band". A goth band is a band of goths, while a goth-rock band is one which preforms the goth-rock genre of music.

With this said, it can't be debated what bands are goth-rock or not, though, one could debate whether or not the band itself is goth.

Goth-rock bands (examples):
Bauhaus
Joy Division
The Cure
Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees
The Damned
Christian Death
Sisters of Mercy
The Mission UK
The Church
New Model Army
Fields of Nephilim

Bands Commonly Called Goth-rock, but are not Goth-rock (examples):
Evanescence
Marilyn Manson
koRn
Tool
Slipknot
My Chemical Romance
Aiden
Rammstein
A Perfect Circle
AFI
Black Sabbath
Cradle of Filth
Nightwish
Nine Inch Nails
Good list. 3nodding

Even though they aren't considered Goth-rock bands. The ones in Red I like anyways.

how is nine inch nails not goth.............................

Because goth-rock is not industrial. They are two very seperate genres.

Nine Inch Nails is an industrial group.

Therefore...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:36 am

puff93
GilAskan
MysteryCross

AFI - Hardcore Revival

plz don't call my chemical romance power pop, oviusly you hav't herd all of there song sure some of the hits might seam that way but the best ones (i'm not ok ,this isn't a fashion statmen ,it's a fing death wish not powerpop, listen to it all before u clasif

I have heard all of their songs. Every album.

Powerpop may not have been as accurate a term as "pop-rock". However, powerpop elements are very evident.

GilAskan
Crew

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:12 pm

GilAskan
puff93
GilAskan
MysteryCross

AFI - Hardcore Revival

Powerpop may not have been as accurate a term as "pop-rock". However, powerpop elements are very evident.

thank you stare
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:25 pm

Errr... I'm not certain if anyone has mentioned them yet, but I feel the Sex Gang Children are quite relevant smile

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:57 pm

Dead Ed
Errr... I'm not certain if anyone has mentioned them yet, but I feel the Sex Gang Children are quite relevant smile

Very. Besides musical and stylistic relevance, they were some of the earliest supporters and users of the term "goth". Some people argue that they were actually the first group to use goth in reference to fans of the music, and not just the music itself.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:59 pm

GilAskan
puff93
GilAskan
MysteryCross

AFI - Hardcore Revival

pop rock is not even a genre scream scream scream scream scream scream scream grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr if there was such a thing it's a compleate oposites pop is sweet and kind rock is not it could be rock/punk with some pop infulneces got it not a genre

puff93

puff93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:00 pm

puff93
GilAskan
puff93
GilAskan
MysteryCross

AFI - Hardcore Revival

pop rock is not even a genre scream scream scream scream scream scream scream grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr if there was such a thing it's a compleate oposites pop is sweet and kind rock is not it could be rock/punk with some pop infulneces got it not a genre
what are we listen to candy wtf
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces