Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
For all of us who must endure GCSEs. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:00 am
ice_illusion
Foetus In Fetu
Lord Jagged
Right now I am doing a peice of maths coursework.
An investigation on hidden faces in rows of cubes and cuboids.

You find when you get to AS-level maths that most of the things you were made to investigate can easily be proven in about three minutes with calculus or similar (whether a square will always have a larger area than a rectangle with the same perimeter, for example).

My maths exams were okay, not too hard but I dropped more marks than I wanted to. I always knew I was going to resit it, I just needed this confidence boost to know I hadn't completely pissed my education away in my non-attendance.

I got a sin and a cos wave muddled up when we had to draw one. It was only one mark though. And I forgot to order the data set when I was getting median, quartiles etc. But I realised and changed it. Its always the easy one you get wrong.

I have no chance of getting any right, our exam is so hard, 50% is an A  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:12 am
Quote:
I got a sin and a cos wave muddled up when we had to draw one. It was only one mark though. And I forgot to order the data set when I was getting median, quartiles etc. But I realised and changed it. Its always the easy one you get wrong.

That was the first test I got 10/10 in! I was only 11 and before, well, let's just say I wasn't doing so great in the maths department.

By the way, what do you call someone who has a phobia of clouds? Like, what would that phobia be called?  

Broken Keys

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:22 am
Pure Revenge
Quote:

That was the first test I got 10/10 in! I was only 11 and before, well, let's just say I wasn't doing so great in the maths department.

By the way, what do you call someone who has a phobia of clouds? Like, what would that phobia be called?
Someone answered that somewhere. I think it could have been in the insults thread.

Replying to Owen: My maths exam is done by a certain percentage of people who sit the exam get an A so the pass mark depends on how hard the exam is.

BTW. In the non-calculator paper there was a question:
If tan45 is 1 then what is tan135?
Most people put 3 (well it makes sense) but I put -1. If you do it with a calculator you get -1 but Im definately in the minority. Its just been bugging me.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:15 pm
and_solo_said
ice_illusion
Foetus In Fetu
My maths exams were okay, not too hard but I dropped more marks than I wanted to. I always knew I was going to resit it, I just needed this confidence boost to know I hadn't completely pissed my education away in my non-attendance.

I have no chance of getting any right, our exam is so hard, 50% is an A

Oh, come on. The GCSE Higher paper isn't quite that hard. It's a lot harder than the Intermediate paper but I don't think it deserves a "so hard". It isn't hard to get a B or a C (20%!). (You are doing your GCSEs, right?)

ice_illusion
Replying to Owen: My maths exam is done by a certain percentage of people who sit the exam get an A so the pass mark depends on how hard the exam is.

Yeah, ditto. Oh, that means I might not have to resit it after all. I was thinking in terms of permenant boundaries, all the same I don't think I will get the grade I want.

ice_illusion
If tan45 is 30 then what is tan135?
Most people put 3 (well it makes sense) but I put -1. If you do it with a calculator you get -1 but Im definately in the minority. Its just been bugging me.

Sketch the graph of y = tanx and see what you get. I'll have a go when I find a piece of a paper and my graphical calculator.

EDIT: I didn't bother sketching it, but the graph on my calculator is giving me the impression that it's -1, and that's what it says when I key it in.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:48 pm
Um, tan 45 is 1. And tan 135 = tan (180 - 45) = - tan 45 = -1

If you were told that A tan 45 is 30, then A tan 135 is -30.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:56 pm
A Lost Iguana
Um, tan 45 is 1. And tan 135 = tan (180 - 45) = - tan 45 = -1

If you were told that A tan 45 is 30, then A tan 135 is -30.

Oh thanks. I put the wrong number in. I will just go edit it. Thanks again.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:13 am
Well....I revised the wrong poems, but that was easy. No questions that you could mention poetic techniques in though  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:12 am
You like poetry then Owen?  

Broken Keys

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:14 am
Pure Revenge
You like poetry then Owen?

stressed  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:01 pm
AAAAAHHHHH!!
Help me! I have RE tomorrow and I know nothing about anything to do with religious views of Muslims and Christians!!

*Cries* I just HATE religion and I abhor having to LEARN about it. So demeaning...
crying  

Nebelstern
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:14 pm
Good luck Simon. Its on the same day as the Scottish RMPS exams. Odd.

I never had to take any exams in RE. Actually we spent most of last years RE classes doing enterprise. We got into groups and made something (calender, jewelery, CD, cookbook, magazine etc) promoting multiculturism. There was supposed to be a design show but one RE teacher went round the bend and the other broke his leg (drunk Im sure).  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:15 pm
DAMN RE

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!

and_solo_said

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:19 pm
Its not all bad. One of our substitute teachers does something yogaish and was teaching us relaxation techniques. There was one that gets you pretty high. Hehe. Just did it. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:10 am
Hah! Take that religion! No more RS ever!
It was not nearly as bad as I had perceived. Religion into media section, which many people didn't have time for or understand I thought was my strongest part.

It is AMAZING how much Father Ted helps...
rolleyes  

Nebelstern
Crew

She Wrote It Hallelujah

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:05 am
I'm sitting my GCSE's right now, they are seriously annoying, i'm on study leave which is kl but the exams are so stress full. I'm not revising at all atm. I will porb start next week  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff