Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Why I refuse to call myself Otaku. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:46 pm
Wyrn
There was a French group that put together the Bible Black Cult.

His hands were not badly deformed. He just did not have complete flexability with his hands.
I keep hearing that his fingers were fused together in addition to having virtually no flexibility...

Interesting sounding cult. I wonder what their activities were...? XD;;

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:16 pm
MadAzrael
Angelica17400
Thats creepy eek
There have been other murderers linked with anime, too. There was the Evangelion murders...and I believe someone committed a murder straight out of FLCL, if I'm not mistaken...

O_O woah Evangelion??? how??? FLCL was just plain confusing anyway. It seems we alwayz have something named after some show or char. murder after evangelion, phsycologically speaking we have the will and grace syndrome and the peter pan syndrome. wat is to come next???  

Kradxon

miisunderstood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:44 pm
Whoa! Thanks for the info...never again i will call myself an otaku..makes me sick X3 Ill go spread the word!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:15 pm
How scary. Does that have anything to do with theotaku.com?  

Magegirl Nino

7,250 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Nerethil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:24 am
I'm sincerely sorry for being a n00b(as you call me)*irritated* and I promsie you guys,I'll quickly stop being the new guy around here or around everywhere...*irony*.But anyways...I would like to post my opinion on this thread as well.I would like to point out that,"otaku" is mererly a word...Meaning,if someone calls himself an otaku,doesn't mean he is a murderer-wanna-be.saying that,doesn't mean I call myself an otaku.Surely,I love animes and manga, but I see no reason for anyone to get to the point of saying:"otakus are stupid" or"they should get a life"...No...This is pure racism.Just because an otaku crossed the line doesn't mean otakus in general are evil.And even if that is not what you're saying,I see no point in critisizing people who like to stay in their houses,doing nothing but reading mangas and watching anime.It is their own buissness what they do,and I'm fairly sure they all have serious reasoning to do so.It is not in anyone's rights to call other people names.I would like once again to point out the fact that I am no otaku.I just don't feel ok with racism in any form(that goes for discriminating people in "noobs" and "old-guys".For those who think are cool because they discovered the site a month or two before the so-called by them"n00bs"...This is a new account for me...I was here 3 years ago,and I dare not call anyone a n00b..

Thank you  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:25 pm
but there are several degrees of otaku. you can be a light otaku, moderate, normal, insane, obsesed. just to name a few. I' a normal otaku. I love anime and manga, i collect action figures, cards, bookmarks, and other anime related items, but i still have a life outside of anime/manga. This is the way it is in japan now. it is rare for someone to call themseleves "obsesed" with anime. normally people will call themselves light-normal. those who draw anime are insane. and that killer guy was majorly obsesed.  

pchanrocks

4,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:45 pm
Un, I call myself an otome, but uhh, yeah, I am unhealtily obsessed with Japan... I have a tendency to lock myself away in my room and my walls are indeed coated in Japanese things, as are my many bookshelves  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:09 pm
thats scary...man am i gonna be careful when going to japan, especially around the seemingly harmless people...that is very very scary  

darkdark7

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:40 pm
hate otaku huh? okay guess you should live on the street then....

the word "otaku" in america has been around for years now and never heard of stories in america where anime "otaku's" were brutally attacked etc etc. also i dont live in japan so honestly i dont really worry about these types of things. actually i dont worry about ALOT of things...but i love anime....but never called myself an otaku either O_o....

i dont know....doesnt matter to me. i dont think its good OR bad. we have enough stereotypical lables as it is anyway. *is very sick of the word emo*

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that too. He seemed to be on the straight and narrow for most of his life, then he just...lost it. Strange, huh?

oh come on....first off....what the HELL is normal anymore? second off he probably didn't end up like that...he probably STARTED like that. it could be as something as simple as a sick "fetish". for instance...maybe he was sado/masticistic ? some people are into that....especially torturing and hurting others just for fun or for sexual arousal. we all have our moments. either way he's a sick sone of a b!@#% and what he did was sickly WRONG.

as far as the justice system goes....it SUCKS. i hate it. at least here in california. takes america FOREVER to put someone down. and lethal injection? what a JOKE. doesn't teach them anything, nor does it do the justice of the crap he did to his victims and he gets to die painlessly? pfft im not fond of the belief "eye for an eye" but in these cases they DESERVE to die in some type of painful way. (may i never be a judge), neither does sitting all day behind some bars. oh big deal. it just doesn't work on people these days. on criminals that is.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:07 am
SaintChaos
and lethal injection? what a JOKE. doesn't teach them anything, nor does it do the justice of the crap he did to his victims and he gets to die painlessly? pfft im not fond of the belief "eye for an eye" but in these cases they DESERVE to die in some type of painful way. (may i never be a judge), neither does sitting all day behind some bars. oh big deal. it just doesn't work on people these days. on criminals that is.

Oh,please...They deserve death???And in a painfull way???Why don't you kill them then???If you had the chance to do it,would you torture them to death then???I doubt it...No...Rather...I don't accept it.No human in their right mind could ever cause such sort of pain onto others...No matter how tough one may pretend to be,when the time comes to torture someone they cannot stand up to the task.Even so...If their sick killings make them murderers,then,what torturing them to death would make you?Wouldn't you be a murderer as well???Also...You should know that,the death by injection is quite a severe punishment...It's about the pain at the time of death.It's about the psycology of spending years and years knowing the very next day you could die...This alone is enough to attone for their killings...As for sitting alla day behind some bars....Why don't you try spending a month in prison...Then let's see how fun it will be...  

Nerethil

Neostus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:56 am
this was interesting....
well better safe then sorry. to be honest never called myself otaku cause no one really understand what it means in my country unless theyre anime fans. so i never used that actually. still the events were abit absurd :s

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:30 pm
Nerethil
SaintChaos
and lethal injection? what a JOKE. doesn't teach them anything, nor does it do the justice of the crap he did to his victims and he gets to die painlessly? pfft im not fond of the belief "eye for an eye" but in these cases they DESERVE to die in some type of painful way. (may i never be a judge), neither does sitting all day behind some bars. oh big deal. it just doesn't work on people these days. on criminals that is.

Oh,please...They deserve death???And in a painfull way???Why don't you kill them then???If you had the chance to do it,would you torture them to death then???I doubt it...No...Rather...I don't accept it.No human in their right mind could ever cause such sort of pain onto others...No matter how tough one may pretend to be,when the time comes to torture someone they cannot stand up to the task.Even so...If their sick killings make them murderers,then,what torturing them to death would make you?Wouldn't you be a murderer as well???Also...You should know that,the death by injection is quite a severe punishment...It's about the pain at the time of death.It's about the psycology of spending years and years knowing the very next day you could die...This alone is enough to attone for their killings...As for sitting alla day behind some bars....Why don't you try spending a month in prison...Then let's see how fun it will be...

first off did i say torture to death? no. a simple hanging is more of what im thinking of. they had hangings back then. i think a few states still incorporate it too. all im saying is lethal injection is the easy way out for the crap he pulled. and yes he DOES deserve death. for the crap he did to those little girls? you BET i wish they put him down.

i dont see how you can honestly say that he doesn't deserve at least a little bit of the s**t he did. those pour INNOCENT little girls being molested and stranggled and stripped naked infront of a camera? did you even READ the reports of what he did? it makes me sick that these type of people are out there.

you're simplifying the matter too. prison doesn't always work for criminals. sometimes it gets to them, but most of the time it doens't. how do i know this? because ive heard time and time again how they let criminals back on the streets....and what do they do? do the same crap they pulled that got them in prison in the first place.

death isn't always a big issue for everyone either. depends upon the person. for instance....me dieing or dieing the next day. i honestly could care less. death doesn't scare me. and im sure it doens't scare alot of the crinimals in there. they're too linient in the justice system on most cases.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Nerethil

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 am
SaintChaos
first off did i say torture to death? no. a simple hanging is more of what im thinking of. they had hangings back then. i think a few states still incorporate it too. all im saying is lethal injection is the easy way out for the crap he pulled. and yes he DOES deserve death. for the crap he did to those little girls? you BET i wish they put him down.

i dont see how you can honestly say that he doesn't deserve at least a little bit of the s**t he did. those pour INNOCENT little girls being molested and stranggled and stripped naked infront of a camera? did you even READ the reports of what he did? it makes me sick that these type of people are out there.

you're simplifying the matter too. prison doesn't always work for criminals. sometimes it gets to them, but most of the time it doens't. how do i know this? because ive heard time and time again how they let criminals back on the streets....and what do they do? do the same crap they pulled that got them in prison in the first place.

death isn't always a big issue for everyone either. depends upon the person. for instance....me dieing or dieing the next day. i honestly could care less. death doesn't scare me. and im sure it doens't scare alot of the crinimals in there. they're too linient in the justice system on most cases.

I never said he doesn't deserve death.I just said,it doesn't matter how you die,it matters the fact that you die,and knowing it.It's a terrible psycological war.Plus...Not scared of death???HAH!There is no such person alive...We all play tough,saying,"I don't care" or,"It's the same thing to me"...But when the final moment comes,you suddenly realize,all the things you will miss...You see all the mistakes you've made...And you know,at that moment that you could do more...So you regret it...And you try to live...Just a bit longer...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:55 am
Nerethil
SaintChaos

I never said he doesn't deserve death.I just said,it doesn't matter how you die,it matters the fact that you die,and knowing it.It's a terrible psycological war.Plus...Not scared of death???HAH!There is no such person alive...We all play tough,saying,"I don't care" or,"It's the same thing to me"...But when the final moment comes,you suddenly realize,all the things you will miss...You see all the mistakes you've made...And you know,at that moment that you could do more...So you regret it...And you try to live...Just a bit longer...

please don't speak ignorantly. i don't fear death because i already know what will happen after i die. we each have our own religion, christianity is mine. and thus i have no fear. it has nothing to do with being "mentally tough" its the fact that i have a belief and faith in my beliefs. i should not fear death because death only means i will be with the lord in heaven. and you speak as if you were on the brink of death before. don't talk to me as if you know me either. i've been on death's edge before. and it was years ago in my past. i still don't fear it....i have no reason to.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 am
Yeah I'm bringing up an old topic but I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. I did a paper about otaku. This is a satiric piece done in high style.

Praise for the Otaku

Diligent is the otaku and strong. All of whom hold knowledge so vast that the eyes of mortals could never hope to gaze upon the full glory of their powers. O sage of wisdom and technology, whom lives to spread his mighty mana to the heavens above, let us poor creatures of darkness and despair be granted the slight glimpse of your mottled plumage, be gifted with the eccentric aroma of your natural fragrance, and be awarded the heady melodious resonance of your modest articulation.

Just as your name comes from the word “house”, so must your presence be a house to us all. For how can a house not give comfort from the external tribulations of our mundane existence? How can a house not offer security to exclude the malevolence of the mob? How can a house not support and maintain a shelter for our kith and kin? The disposition of a house can not allow for the trespasses of animosity to break its convention of good will to all that dwell in its privileged halls.

By definition, you are completely dedicated to your following be it technology, history, or entertainment. Your powers are the astounding ability to obtain the extraordinary and precious works of your craft. So cavernous is your hoard of collectables and memorabilia. Art, models, furniture, stationary, your whole domain shows a tribute to your vocation. You surround yourself with your treasure and like a dragon guard it from those that wish to take what is rightfully yours.

As otaku, you burn with the passion of your following, leaving all earthly pleasures behind, as they are mere distractions to your divine providence. Little do you care for the onerous and burdensome rituals of the common man that force them to become a slave to hygiene and ostentatious garments of wealth and style. You who lead such a simple life of unpretentious resources and solitude, for the sake of your pursuit of harmony much as a Taoist sage that lives on the mountain top away from the jostling influences of the rabble below. But just as that sage, become a waterfall of counsel and guidance to the disciples that seek their knowledge.

O how like a monk you are. What need is the touch of flesh when your zeal leads to the purity and celibacy. Abandoning your human shell to live the life of a virtuous hermit, you have the rare capability to focus solely on your ardor. What need is of god and faith when you worship the creation that man’s hands have forged. You give reverence to the metallic gleam of a well crafted historic weapon. You give admiration to the lifelike qualities of a figurine you personally hand crafted. You give veneration to the whimsical fabrications from the cherished books and movies you hold dear.

O guru, o master of your trade that can turn the world of fantasy into reality, how can we not praise thee for thy glorious observances of wisdom seeker and scholar? You who can shun the world for the obsessions of true praise worthy apparitions, how can we not gather in wonder to exalt thy self discipline and resolve? Praise thee I shall as you who live for passion are few.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff