Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

meiyun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:40 am
My parents don't really care, they think it's a faze, hell they think everything's a faze with me.
My friends... At first they were like ew, well, they're still like ew, now some of them are like "YAY MEI'S WATCHING YAOI ON THE LAPTOP" And they watch it with me at school and most of them are like "Oh look Mei's watching yaoi again... Man don't you get sick of that???"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:11 pm
My friends don't really care, they all know I'm bi and that I love Yoai/Yuri.

My mom is the one that buys it for me. XD She knows what it is, knows that I am bi, and is like "Your old enough to decide what you like, as long as you don't force your opinion on me, we're cool."

My dad and grandmother on the other hand are like "OMFG! That's disgusting! It's a disease! There's something wrong with those people!! >__<" I once told my grandmother that I loved my best friend, who is also a girl, and she cried about it. The next day, she didn't even remember me telling her about it. ^__^;;

But whatever, I came out of my "closet" for Yoai/Yuri... a LONG time ago... Like, a couple months after I started really liking it...Now, my closet for being bi... Well... Last year. *V__V*

Powered By Ryu II

Kukucs Keetleen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:55 pm
I only say something about it if someone asks.

Like when I was trying to draw a picture of Yuki/Shuichi from Gravitation.

They said, "What a cute pink-haired girl!"

"....Thats a guy..."

That was funny; the reaction to that was priceless.

And when I told my friends boys kissing was hot they looked at me like that too. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:36 pm
I personally love to tell people that I love yaoi because I like to know how they will react, I also like exposing them to it.
Some of my friends thought that they wouldn't like it, but (with repeated prompting ;P ) they now love it.
It's always sad when someone doesn't like yaoi because of the homosexuality, but it's not their faults. It was probably how they were raised or their culture.  

FaitoKuro

loven_night

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:08 pm
ummm hmmm i guess i came out of the yaoi closet when like i first saw yaoi i was all that's hot lol so like yeah and then i started getting stuff and crap and everyone asks me what it means i all guy on guy and there all like ewww so then i yell at them and say i don't give a crap about what you think and i just resume whatever i was doing lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:02 pm
.....Okay my mum knows and has known for a few years that I have a obsession with gay guys, she's seen my shonen-ai and when I went for surgery I asked her to buy me some. She's glimpsed a few times at some of my yaoi pics but never any really uhm, interesting ones.
Rest of family still have no clue...so I haven't fully come out XD (Dad found out but he's forgotten by now)

My friends?
Closest friends at first thought I was a nutter - but my endless talks of yaoi/BL broke them down into not minding it and even got two liking it! (Except one of the girls and I had a HUGE fight and no longer speak, an the other we kinda just fell out of touch...my ex-bestfriend)

My Bestfriend: We kinda discovered one day (about 2/3 years ago) while chatting on MSN that we both like Slash...we found out we both liked reading HP-fanfiction and she was giving me links then she asked "Uh, hey what do you think of Draco/Harry"
I responed "Omg LOVE!!!!"
She answered with "NO WAY! ME TOO" From there it's spawned evil...I mean slashy-goodness!

Slasher-Quill

Voluptuous Velcro!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:31 am
no one really knows.

I intend to keep it that way for awhile, along with a few other things.

I think my mom would die a little.

But dad would probably laugh and make fun of me.

mad I hate that man. (notrlylul. He's just such a 'tard most of the time sometimes)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:15 pm
*grins* My two best friends are love. One of 'em looks at BL like I do, (Sometimes yaoi :3) and the other doesn't mind BL anime and such and lurrrrrves Harry Potter slash. I remember once at a sleepover it was like, 3:00 in the morning and the two of us were trying to stay up. (My other best friend had fallen asleep.) So I said, "Gimmie a one-word prompt and a couple!" so naturally, as cliche as it was, she said, "SiriusxRemus! Chocolate!" :3 A lovely prompt indeed.

Then I drew the Weasley twins (Neither of us really like twincest but it was funny and EASY TO DRAW 8D Yay for basically drawing the same person twice.) Draco/Harry (featuring shirtless Harry and shirtless Draco kissing Harry's neck. They had pants on though, shame) and Neville/Hagrid with Hagrid yelling, "HUG ME, NEVILLE" and Neville just running away like "Nuuuuuu!"

That was fun.

We joke with each other a lot, my one frined and I torture the Harry Potter lover with a lot of our BL and she says, "I really don't mind it, you know!" and we joke about how we should make her watch the Gravitation anime all the way through. Once, before we knew that she didn't mind slash and BL, we froze Gravitation episode one to the scene were Yuki kisses Shuichi in the elevator and yelled, "THAT'S TWO GUYS!" She just pulled a facepalm and started laughing. We know she doesn't mind BL but it's fun to poke fun at her. She likes slash besides Harry Potter too, she just hates couples that could neverevereverever happen. So we come up with cracktastic ones to torture her.

"Sirius/Snape! Lucius/Hagrid! Dumbledore/Harry! Neville/Ron! Harry/Umbridge! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"NUUUUU!"  

Kitsune-chi

angelBmine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:42 pm
is coming out about yaoi like coming out about your sexuality? im not really sure, im just wondering, so ya know. please dont mind D:

Idk. is it better to tell or not? does it reallyreally matter? idk. im doin okay with not tellin but i feel like i should..idk maybe its just finals stressin the brain burning_eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:16 pm
Only to those who share the same interest in it./really really close friends (very few of them). I could never say it to family sadly enough. My younger sister is the only one who really knows, and she's already grossed out by it.  

Hal B Noire

Dapper Explorer

~L.o.v.e.l.e.s.s~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:24 pm
I haven't come out to my family that I like yaoi or gay. Some of my friends know but their rockers and most of them are are bi and gay but thee are other's who're straight and just like acknowledge it but they think I'm bi. Some of my straight friends don't even know what yaoi means while others know what it means (basically because I brought loveless to school an they started to flip through it) but think I'm straight. My family has no idea I watch any kind of BL even though i have my comp full of pics, magas, and videos.

I'm really paranoid about my binder because there are lots of yaoi pics in there so I don't let anyone touch it! o they think I'm crazy or that i have plans to take over the world or something else like that inside it.

I don't like to tell many people about yaoi unless i know I can trust them because that would mean telling them I'm gay or bi depending on the person. Also thety wpuldn't believe me because i hate to say it but there are not many smart gay people that I know. They couldn't believe I was a rocker when i started dressing like one They were all "OMG I can't believe you're a rocker, but you're so smart it doesn't make sense!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:30 pm
I'm open about it but I would never carry it around out in the open. I would get like suspended if I did. But I tell anybody who cares that I'm into it.  

colonelhavoc

nekochan341

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:59 pm
I'm not too open about my love for yaoi but there are a handful of people that know. But they love it too so it's ok. ^_^ -nods-  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:40 pm
My family doesn't know, but I doubt they would care if they did know. Only one of them knows my true sexuality. I'm sure that would disturb them far more than knowing that a look at yaoi.  

bonestars

Dapper Exhibitionist

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas