Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Does your parents want you to get straight A's? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you pushed or forced to get good grades?
  yes?
  no?
View Results

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:32 am
my parents really want me to get good grades.
&&when i was younger i really pushed myself to meet their expectations but then i realized that no matter how good i did it wasn`t good enough. so i gave up&&since then i just did enough work to get byy.
but now i know it`s really important to get good grades in school. &&i understand why my parents always wanted me to do greattt. &&now they don`t care about my grades. but i do&&i`m pushing myself to get straight a`s until i graduate&&even in college. i`m completely focusing on school.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:55 am
I'm my parents' last hope I guess, well that's how I see it. My older brothers have no clue what to do with their future, so they're pretty much goin' to college and stuf, part time job...but never leaving home. One brother went to Davis for a semester...then came back...-_-;; Eghhh...hate the pressure, they won't talk about how I'm the only one left, but I can feel it in their eyes...and their voice when they yell at me for getting a B when my brothers both got C's before...  

damatte

azn_babex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:51 am
Omg same here  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:48 pm
yea same here, they things anything i do is werid that is why i dont really talk abot cosplay, chaning my style of hair or anythign liek taht bc they will be mad at me and all that, soi am hae a very restircted life on the things i want to do.....sigh  

Kanhoro

Authenticity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:31 pm
My parents "expect" me to get straight A's, and are "dissapointed" when I get a B on a test or something. It SUCKS! Grrr  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:50 pm
my parents never did anything
i mean when i was in highschool they dont have time to come on parent/teacher meeting
and nope never nothing
even on my graduation
nope
nope
nothing
nothing at all
but i get graduated easily so...

and yes, i was kinda role model student
done project(history, match, all class) the in next 2 days while it planned for a week and always the first do give in the report/project
good in math.. sitting before my match teacher, we always figthing and argu about things.. and making comment all the time about his bald head and all.. and nope it is funny cus he wont send me out the class even i make really really bad comment.. we have all the fun..
cus my math teacher is lil strict stressed but he is actually very nice ( his is my fav teacher beside my gym teacher, after that chemistry, science, physics)
and at chemistry class when the teacher was gone for 5 minutes i turn the gass on in the class and light it up.. for 5 second, almost creat a fire in class, when he was back he said is it me or is it hot here he said. and i said .. did you just met somebody that turn you on to the teacher and he blush the whole class crack in the laugh rofl
at gym i almost collapse xp cus i overwork to much and break the record without doing the last 3 activity of the 13 in tottal ( running test, lifting weight, speed running.. jump far, high jumping and other)
the teacher( it is she, and sexy one to)maybe it is my way to getting her attentions LOL jk
cus i love gym always put the most effort in it. that day when i almost collapse, she was worried and the whole class was surpriced cus i break the record with out the last 3 test. the test was done in group of 3 ppl.. they back me up of not cheating.. but gladly the teacher believe me

on yeah on english and other lauguage classes.. i always talk in the class
and always never stop making comment and jokes
one day i talk in the class.. and then my classmate talk to .. and the teacher, she said.. will you stop talking/ be quiets or there is the door.. with raised voice to him.. the whole class is kinda intimitated..
he said.. about me.. that i talk all the time in the class and all
she said.. well he (me) didnot talk when i explain something important.. and he already done his homework for this week and the essay for the next week.. what about you...????
that is what she said.. the whole class looking/ staring at me.. i put my face in the books and look away.. while my classmate blushes

and woodshop ormaking craftmanship thing.. yes i am good with my hands.. other class mate ask my help all the time, but the teacher forbid it, cus it only make their grade higher than they deserve
once he said, if somebody is trustworth that will be *he point it at me*
i didnot now.. so i ask my friends..

not only him.. other teachers trust me to, give me the classroom keys.. and print the exams wahmbulance for them out. and the staff room.. i can enter it all the time if i want to and drinking a coffee with the teacher.. and ate cake sometime when they have it and invite me cheese_whine

no skipping class
even i drop a bottle of water on my friends head.. tilll the last drup on his head
and the teacher only tell me.. calm down to me
and no arrets or sending out the class, the whole class laugh

tell me if you read it wahmbulance  

Tetsusu

Sparkly Leaf

11,675 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100

ghetto_jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:34 pm
She wants me to try my best (only A's and B's) But if I HAD strait A's. She'd love me and buy me a gift.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:47 pm
my okasan doesnt care if its a c or above shes fine

Koi_Kanbi_Tenshi

spoon9987

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:54 pm
Well...my parents don't "push" me...but they'd be disappointed if i didn't get good grades. Still...for what i want to do later i NEED straight A's *cries* oh well...what can i say, i'm a nerd =P  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:04 pm
My parents just tell me to do my best but I have straight A's anyway. Because asians are SMART!  

fireystar

lady_luv18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:12 am
don't most parents wish their children got straight A's  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:01 am
Some parents don't really care, but my parents definitely do. Now enjoy this little scene thing that happened these past days. =]

[Scene: report card comes home, I get all A's and A-'s. But I get some B's/B+'s on the finals]

Day 1
Mom: YAY you got all A's!!!
[pause]
But what about the finals??!?! What happened!??!

Day 2
Mom: YOU GOT A B+ ON YOUR CHEM FINAL?!?!? [ignoring the fact that I still got an A final avg] HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR [ah, so Asian] WITH A B+ ON YOUR CHEM FINAL?!?! YOU GOTTA IMPROVE YOUR GRADES!!!!

[me: ahem.]  

kyina

SUMMERT!ME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 am
They don't "force" me to, but every time we're watching a movie or something and something happens that relates to grades/stuff in your future, they give me long speeches about why it's so important to do well in school. They're really annoying. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:31 am
Yup.

One of our previous conversation went like this:

Me: I got straight 100's
Mom: *stares at report card* Couldn't you do better?
Me: whaaa...

Anh-chan

crystylaquazz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:35 am
my parents dont push me to get good grades, probably because i get straight A's anyway. I am an idiotic overachiever.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff