Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Who would/will you vote for? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:14 am
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
I have finaly made up my mind. If I could vote, I would vote conservative, as they are the only party who admit to having made mistakes.

Liberal Democrats are the only major part that has been positively campaigning. They have always been honest and have not made mistakes. They have played the election well in my opinion.

How could they have made mistakes? They're never in power!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:16 am
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
I have finaly made up my mind. If I could vote, I would vote conservative, as they are the only party who admit to having made mistakes.

Liberal Democrats are the only major part that has been positively campaigning. They have always been honest and have not made mistakes. They have played the election well in my opinion.

How could they have made mistakes? Thye're never in power!

In their campaign.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Zoutout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:38 am
1) No party, bar none, is honest. You just have to vote for whose lies are most appealing.

I think I may vote Lib Dem - so far, the only things which they differ on with the other parties (see how much they actually agree, but have different plans) tend to appeal to me. Not all of them, but more than the others, I think.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:32 am
Anyone see Michael Howard vs Paxman?

He took hits, but didn't splinter like Kennedy and managed to hit back, unlike Blair.

I was impressed!

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:44 am
Invictus_88
Anyone see Michael Howard vs Paxman?

He took hits, but didn't splinter like Kennedy and managed to hit back, unlike Blair.

I was impressed!

That's what decided me  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:14 pm
Who else watched that Leader's Question Time debate?

Howard AND Blair got booed, and Kennedy got cheered!
This must certainly tell the electorate and the politicians alike that the slandering election campaigns of the two main parties are hindering the voting process.

Nebelstern
Crew

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:34 pm
Nebelstern

This must certainly tell the electorate and the politicians alike that the slandering election campaigns of the two main parties are hindering the voting process.

I just made a fairly lengthy post about it in the politics thread.

Basically there were no surprises from Blair or Kennedy, but I was pretty disgusted by Howard. He came across as very patronising and severely out of touch.

The final question was superb. Seems the producers originally wanted to get them all up there, but Blair vetoed that format...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:38 pm
Erix Griffon
Nebelstern

I just made a fairly lengthy post about it in the politics thread.

Basically there were no surprises from Blair or Kennedy, but I was pretty disgusted by Howard. He came across as very patronising and severely out of touch.

The final question was superb. Seems the producers originally wanted to get them all up there, but Blair vetoed that format...

Yes, I read your post there, and I think that you are right in those aspects that you analysed. The leaders have faults and positives, however I believe it should be the policies and where you fit in on the autocratic scale that decides where your vote falls.

In that respect, I think the parties should stop negative campaigning and return to what politics should truly be about. The policies.

Nebelstern
Crew

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:42 pm
You're right of course, the policies are far more important than the personalities, but when they're discussing policies there is a lot to be learned from their personalities. Howard's talk on the war told you quite a lot about the Conservatives, for instance, as did Blair's talk about top-up fees.

Not positive things, in either case. Personally I'm going to vote Lib-dem, I'm just waiting for the postal ballot to arrive!

On a related note, dropping fliers through letterboxes is really not a very effective tactic in Student areas. I'm currently living in Trefforest, but no matter how many fliers I get given, I'm not going to vote for Welsh Labour. I'm not registered to vote in Pontypridd, I'm registered to vote by post for somewhere else, and I'd bet that's true for the vast majority of the student population, and thus a massive part of Trefforest.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:34 pm
I caught a bit of Paxman on Sunday - my view of humanity is once again lowered:

Paxman: What do you have to say about the accusations that the war in Iraq was illegal?
Annoying woman: Sadaam Hussein was a very bad man-
P: You're not answering the question-
AW: He was a very bad man-

and so it continued for many minutes.  

Zoutout

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:08 am
I have my postal ballots, I don't think I'll vote for anyone in the local election. None of them are any good.

I've pre-crossed the box next to Michael Ancram. The man really is a superb constituency MP.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:16 am
I'm really undecided because i don't think too much of politics but i suppose i should vote cos i want the uk to be a better place (even though i doubt it will happen)  

DragonRich

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:32 am
DragonRich
I'm really undecided because i don't think too much of politics but i suppose i should vote cos i want the uk to be a better place (even though i doubt it will happen)

Go Tory, it's the sensible thing to do. Labour lie and lib/dems are incompetent.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:40 am
Invictus_88
DragonRich

Go Tory, it's the sensible thing to do. Labour lie and lib/dems are incompetent.

The thing that worries me about the tories is all these cuts, where the hell are they going to cut them from without it effecting the quality of public services (ha ha! i cracked a joke)  

DragonRich

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:10 am
DragonRich
The thing that worries me about the tories is all these cuts, where the hell are they going to cut them from without it effecting the quality of public services (ha ha! i cracked a joke)

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. According to Howard on Question Time, there'll be £5,000,000,000 of tax cuts, but we'll nonetheless be paying more... sweatdrop  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games