Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Great British Politics. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:47 am
Angilwingz
Well...no specific preferance, though I would prefer to now use a straw...unless it is some sort of yoghurt smoothie...which I believe I may have tried at one point. Why? Do you have a suggestion on how to eat yoghurt?

Ohyes, many many suggestions..
Though, not ones suitable for visible text, alas.
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:55 pm
Oh, alright.
It's alright....the invisible text is usually the most valuable.

Angilwingz

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:17 pm
*swaps seamlessly to a political link*

http://www.philosophersnet.com/magazine/article.php?id=962  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:16 pm
Invictus_88

Interestng article. Letwin has seemed a man with his head screwed on when I saw him on the likes of Question Time. Though, it is a shame that he feels the need to distace himself from his academic past (I thought he was an economist by field, given his previous city work).  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:57 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:01 am
I am with you entirely, I've nothing but contempt for this government and their systematic abuse of the freedoms of the British people. Our nation, having once prided itself on the freedom of the people and the freedom of the commonwealth now finds itself losing even the most basic freedoms to a nannying and self-important political party.

A party, I might add, which makes sweeping and oppressive rulings with a very fragile mandate from the electorate.

They are removing from people the ability to make choices. It is with these choices however that people develop an understanding of themselves and their place in the world. It takes power from parents, school and most crucially, from the individual.

It is for these reasons that I sincerely hope the Conservative party can drop their silly antics, pull themselves together and bring back a proper set of freedoms for everyone. Even poor people.

Freedom nowadays seems only to apply to those rich enough to exist above the line of state-schools, NHS waiting lists and the petty rule of the police.

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:03 am
I'd like to know what they are planning to feed you with instead of the junk food. Because their last excuse for serving junk food was that healthy food was too expensive.

I was in an airport a couple of days after you (also heading for Belfast that isn't significant) and they had a lot of armed police officers in full gear going back and forth with their guns out. I do realise it was sortly after the bombings but they only seemed to be scaring people more. They pretty much ignored me but I dont suppose a scruffy, lone, teenage girl looks much of a threat.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:36 pm
The French seem to routinely patrol with fully automatic weapons and stun grenades at airports. They're called the CRS.

You don't want to mess with them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They are probably all repressed homosexuals.

However to their credit, they do a good job (apart from accasional racal discrimination) and don't seem to shoot random people on the Metro.

R.I.P. JCd'M  

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:12 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:15 pm
rofl *cracks up*
I have a feeling that I really shouldn't be laughing but... xd xd  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:13 pm
i leave you with news that the local AAC has failed with one of its members...
User Image
that it was annonced today that the supply of whiskey in the U.K. has just ran out...

and that Tony Blair has just realised that he said that the Torys are a bunch of fasicts that should be shot.. at the Tory party conferance.

goodnight...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:16 am
well.. yes.. hmmm the votes are in.. they have been counted and confermed and the first loser in the Tory party leadership is.. Ken Clarke. surprised not a BIG surprise i suspected that about half of the undeclared MP's would vote Fox as they where mostly right wingers. disappointed i am but they must press on..

I am not impressed by Davis, he is not a good speaker and i feel he wouldnt be able to stand up against the Blair/Brown dictatorship.
I am no more impressed with Cameron, he seems to be very wet, too young and not strong in any way. Again i think he would get hammered by the Blair/Brown dictatorship.
Fox... Fox... hmm i dont know. He is very right wing, but something draws me to him, maybe its the fact that he waved the Union Flag at the party conferance i dont know but i am for some reason drawn to him. I dont know about him with regards to standing up against the Blair/Brown dictatorship.

a couple of things i noticed about the reporting of this all....
The Media have been backing Cameron and getting jabs in at Davis.
Ken Clarke, when being interviewed AFTER he voted on the ID Card bill controled the reporters unlike the other candidates who wherethe ones being controled.
Ken Clarke was the only contender that talked to the media after the voted in parliament, shows he is more commited to the country and not to the meida and the party.

and finally.. it is very clear by the votes that the Parliamentary Conservative Party want a young tony blair like leader.. npo not smiley and a waste of space.. someone young that 'appeals' to the people like tony blair did in 1998

just my thoughts...  

Mr. Bono Vox

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:24 am
Ken Clarke? Like super man? xd

EDIT: Wait, wait... That's Clarke Kent or something, I don't know... Ignore this post.
sweatdrop xd  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:37 am
Timeless Visage
Ken Clarke? Like super man? xd

EDIT: Wait, wait... That's Clarke Kent or something, I don't know... Ignore this post.
sweatdrop xd
its a bird.. its a plane.. no! its ken clarke!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. that be him...  

Mr. Bono Vox

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:15 pm
Shh!!! You've discovered his secret identity.
User Image  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games