Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:58 pm
ficklefiend
David Tennant is certainly a bit foxy.
That's one way of putting it xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:27 pm
I'm inclined to agree.

The fact that people tend to compare me to him, of course, has nothing to do with this.

rolleyes

Invictus_88
Captain

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:44 pm
Being compared to David Tennant eh? That can never be a bad thing, surely?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:44 pm
David Tennant gonk heart

I love him.

*waits till saturday*

I just wish that stupid cow wasnt in it billie pooper scream  

Elrotheil Kenobi

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:56 pm
y'know at first I thought she'd irritate me but I've actually grown rather fond of Rose..  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:50 pm
xXx White Lily xXx
y'know at first I thought she'd irritate me but I've actually grown rather fond of Rose..

Me too. I seriously doubted her acting abilities but, you know, she pulled off that Cassandra takeover bit really quite well.

I think I assumed she would be worried about her image and not let herself go with it but I am happy that I am wrong.  

ficklefiend
Crew

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:15 pm
I suppose it would be worse for her image if she didnt let herself go.. I saw her in that series on the BBC of modern day versions of Shakespeare's stories too... I think she was in the Taming Of The Shrew one (cant quite remember) and I remember her being quite good in that too, fair play to her 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:31 pm
xXx White Lily xXx
I suppose it would be worse for her image if she didnt let herself go.. I saw her in that series on the BBC of modern day versions of Shakespeare's stories too... I think she was in the Taming Of The Shrew one (cant quite remember) and I remember her being quite good in that too, fair play to her 3nodding

Ah, this is a little rant of mine

But seriously, what the ******** is the point in doing modernisations of Shakespeare? Firstly, the entire point of Shakespeare is the language, not the plots. And secondly, it's unclear to what extent they are "Shakespeare" at all. Nearly all of Shakespeare's stories were taken from earlier writers, or folk tales, or from the ancients and so by taking away the poetry you take away everything that made it Shakespeare.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Julia Dream

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:49 pm
Doctor Who came to the US a while back, and I've been an insane fan of it ever since. I'd known vaguely about the show in the sixties, as my dad had mentioned it a few times when we saw the commercial for the new one, but now that I've seen how great the storyline is, I think I'm going to find the old episodes and such and watch them all, so that I don't feel like a complete moron.

By the way, the combination of Monty Python, various genius bands, and Doctor Who means that Britain now owns my soul. I don't know how much they'd want it, as it's coated in chocolate and pretzels and various non-matching items that aren't that great when used together, but they own it nonetheless.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Er, Doctor Who and great storyline? I'm sorry, what the ******** are you talking about?

XP  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:46 am
Lady of Spain, I see your point... but I enjoy the stories anyway so it doesnt really matter to me if they're Shakespeare or not, they're fun to watch xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:24 am
Foetus In Fetu
Er, Doctor Who and great storyline? I'm sorry, what the ******** are you talking about?

XP

Er.. what? I think I missed something important here...

Julia Dream

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:45 am
Julia Dream
Foetus In Fetu

XP

Er.. what? I think I missed something important here...

Reffering to the fact that it has perhaps the most tenuous and silly storylines you can get.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:16 pm
and that's why we love it, right? xP  

xXx White Lily xXx

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:42 pm
Exactly.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash