Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Discusion] How do people in your area react to yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you grow up in a place that accepted yaoi/yuri for the most part?
  Completely, yes
  to an extent, but it varies between people
  Not sure
  No, not really
  You'd be smitted for thinking of supporting yaoi openly
View Results

Kalypso Kitsune

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:46 pm
Nobody knows what is where I live, so when they ask I'm like "..... Type of anime! biggrin "  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:26 pm
" EWWWW! Your a pervert!" At least thats what my freind does.... Although I have another who is on my side. ~ X)  

UlooAloo

Lil Devious Hell Spawn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:08 am
Well when it is anime people it is completely supported. But just people who are around at my school, they are completely grossed out and want nothing to do with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:22 pm
well, a lot of my friend aren't into anime but a few of them are gay, so it really depends on who i am speaking with. its not totally looked down upon...but a lot of general people do think of it as 'wrong'...  

.blood x stitched x paws.

Duckysushi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:32 pm
Ne ne, actually... I don't keep track of the real world all that well and go to a small school, so... I really have no idea. Well, my friend's okay with the fact I'm bi... and she's Mormon(Like... most of the state. stare Stupid Mormon state) Ah, note to self... go grab a Mormon bible and find out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:03 am
everyone around here is reeaaalllllyyy homophobic and so the thought of yaoi would probably make them barf up their feet or something : ( their loss.  

kainkuga

darkdragon_illusion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:34 am
eh, people I know accept it, pretty much so all is good. I walk around school and see backpacks with "I love yaoi!", yet mainly only the people that are obessed with anime/manga knows what it means.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:01 pm
people where i live thankfully don't know what i do with my spare time and my mom knows i read yaoi but she has no clue what yoai is. Much like my mom the people in my neighborhood don't know what yaoi is, if they knew what it was i would probably be kicked out of my town.  

Tohma-kun2723

Akurei Demon Wolf

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:22 pm
ah well living in Florida is not that great but I haven't run into close minded people out side my school( which is a Christian school so sweatdrop ) Any way all my friends like anime and know what it means and like it as well, except some of the guys, they tolorate our fangirl ness. The ones who like it sometimes are the best 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:17 pm
lets just say that my yaoi books are like vampires touching the bible to my friends rolleyes  

Alex_nightmare

c h i n d l i n

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:25 pm
When they hear about yaoi, they say things like

-Ewwwww...... Such a DISGRACE if anyone would take interest in such a thing.
-ALL the good artists like yaoi. How deppressing.
-GOD!!! YAOI IS THE WORST THING GOD EVER CREATED!!!
-God didn't make yaoi.
-He didn't???
-Nope.
-Oh.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:08 am
I don't think there's anything wrong with yaoi.. My brother found out.. But I always feel emabarrased when he says anything that relates to it.... A-- hole crying  

SlicedButterfly

Hatake-Azami

5,950 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:15 am
In this little pit that I call home, you are an outcast if you even mention the word Gay or Lesbian. People start to load their shotguns. They are very set in their ways. So, we have to keep our love of yaoi on the DL.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:46 pm
I live in a very conservative town where just about everyone is an extreme Baptist and would rather protest and tell you you're going to hell than sit and hear you out.

I've had to work hard to find other people who don't mind it, but I'm still having troubles finding people I can actually discuss it with in-depth.

I hate how closed-minded people are around here. crying  

xsparklesx

KetoriChan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:30 am
Well.. At my school, there's this boy who I showed it to and it took him a while to process a picture of two boys kissing.. So I'd say only a couple people in my class TRUELY know/like yaoi. :B  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff