Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Wicca Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:36 am
TeaDidikai
loona wynd
Did you ever mention what tradition your a member of?
She's CVW- I want to say Kingston... but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Yeppers, I'm currently Kingstone. I've been only in the outer courts of a couple of other trads. I'm the town "circle slut!" blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:13 am
[Kudzu]
TeaDidikai
loona wynd
Did you ever mention what tradition your a member of?
She's CVW- I want to say Kingston... but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Yeppers, I'm currently Kingstone. I've been only in the outer courts of a couple of other trads. I'm the town "circle slut!" blaugh
Which Trads?  

TeaDidikai

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:17 pm
TeaDidikai
[Kudzu]
I've been only in the outer courts of a couple of other trads. I'm the town "circle slut!" blaugh
Which Trads?

Gardnerian and Blue Star (Blue Star is not actually Traditionally Wiccan by my understanding, but I gladly recommend them for those interested in related branches of Paganism). I was not Initiated into either practice, so I am not knowledgeable about them, I just have "connections" with such folks in the community. Well, I actually know folks from even more groups in the community around here personally without having been in their outer courts, such as Mohsian, and Cosan (Cosan is Traditional Witchcraft not Traditional Wicca) and possibly a Silver Crescent and Majestic or two. At any rate, the point is that I've been around the block locally, so if I can't help somebody who comes to me asking questions, I can usually shuffle them off to somebody who can.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:16 pm
I know how that is.

Working in Five Corners- you meet all kinds.

Are you planning to hit SummerStar this summer?  

TeaDidikai

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:04 pm
TeaDidikai
I know how that is.

Working in Five Corners- you meet all kinds.

Are you planning to hit SummerStar this summer?

Naw, I'm not really about the big Pagan hooplas these days, unless I'm selling tarot or tea leaf readings! *lol* I actually haven't ever been to SummerStar.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:54 pm
It's an interesting festival.

Maybe you should vend!

I'll actually be doing a workshop on tea there this summer.

SummerStar

Well, it would be fun to see you there- but really, now that my new car is up and running, we should have tea sometime.  

TeaDidikai

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:22 pm
TeaDidikai
It's an interesting festival.

Maybe you should vend!

I'll actually be doing a workshop on tea there this summer.

SummerStar

Well, it would be fun to see you there- but really, now that my new car is up and running, we should have tea sometime.

Maybe one year I'll get brave about SummerStar.

You're welcome, anytime!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:08 am
question:
someone posted either here or M&R the link for finding out someones lineage, i cant seem to find it and i wanted to possibly use it.  

iRTsuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 pm
AisuruTsuki
question:
someone posted either here or M&R the link for finding out someones lineage, i cant seem to find it and i wanted to possibly use it.

Might you be thinking about Amber and Jet, where one can gain a vouch?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:13 pm
TeaDidikai
AisuruTsuki
question:

Yes, indeed, in some Traditions, lineage is considered oathbound, so A&J might be what you're talking about, AisuruTsuki. There are a number of sites out there with rough sketches of different perceived "lines" within a particular Tradition, however, I wouldn't trust their accuracy if you're trying to validate a Wiccan claim.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

iRTsuki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:31 am
TeaDidikai
AisuruTsuki
question:

thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:29 am
[Kudzu]

Yes, indeed, in some Traditions, lineage is considered oathbound,
Are you able to share the reasoning for this?  

TeaDidikai

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:06 am
TeaDidikai
[Kudzu]

Since I am one of those people who will not share lineage openly, I will give my reasoning. Simply enough, my up-line does not wish to be outed as Wiccans to the general public. I could spout names that my Initiators used in "Outer Courts," but those would be meaningless to other Wiccans, so they would be impossible for a non-Wiccan to validate. Likewise, I don't even know public names for most of my up-line (if they have/had them), nor even if they care to enter the public as Wiccans. Outing another Wiccan without their consent is a VERY serious offense to me against my oath.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:33 pm
[Kudzu]
TeaDidikai
[Kudzu]

Since I am one of those people who will not share lineage openly, I will give my reasoning. Simply enough, my up-line does not wish to be outed as Wiccans to the general public. I could spout names that my Initiators used in "Outer Courts," but those would be meaningless to other Wiccans, so they would be impossible for a non-Wiccan to validate. Likewise, I don't even know public names for most of my up-line (if they have/had them), nor even if they care to enter the public as Wiccans. Outing another Wiccan without their consent is a VERY serious offense to me against my oath.

As a lineaged Wiccan, do you have a way of verifying your lineage?  

TeaDidikai

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:15 am
TeaDidikai
As a lineaged Wiccan, do you have a way of verifying your lineage?

Well, it's a moot point to non-Wiccans since I am not qualified to teach them! There's no reason for them to verify that I am Wiccan. I could be blowing all of this out my a**. The only people who would need to verify me is other Wiccans with whom I might wish to circle (like if I was on vacation in another state and wished to guest with a coven). And they don't have to worry about the secrecy since they're Wiccans!

Let's pretend that I am a third degree and that somebody is coming to me seeking to be my student. I would give the seeker a name by which I am known in the BTW community. That seeker could check with the Wiccans he already knows. He could also ask me if I know any Wiccans willing to vouch for me and I could give him their phone numbers if they were willing. He could even go on A&J and ask about me to see if vouches line up there. People would come out of the woodwork to say that I was properly Initiated.  
PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff